[Proposed Rune Combiner Overhaul]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byakk087

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulki View Post
Like I said, the complexity of the code is hidden from the users. All they see is what they put in, and possible products they get out.
How does that make it less complex, though?

You now have multiple variables to track - specifically, 'rune shards' at varying levels of IP equivlancy. That's not removing complexity, that's adding another layer of it. On top of that, while it's cool you get to see what you're going to likely get out of it, there's still a significant level of adjustment from the current system where you can theoretically make or lose IP through the system due to it's total reliance on RNG for what you actually get.

I brought up code because there would have to be levels of coding thrown into it, to change the system without actually doing anything at all about how complex it is. Your initial complaint was that the current combiner system is overly complex.

How does this solve it?

Tulki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakk087 View Post
How does that make it less complex, though?

You now have multiple variables to track - specifically, 'rune shards' at varying levels of IP equivlancy. That's not removing complexity, that's adding another layer of it. On top of that, while it's cool you get to see what you're going to likely get out of it, there's still a significant level of adjustment from the current system where you can theoretically make or lose IP through the system due to it's total reliance on RNG for what you actually get.

I brought up code because there would have to be levels of coding thrown into it, to change the system without actually doing anything at all about how complex it is. Your initial complaint was that the current combiner system is overly complex.

How does this solve it?
First of all, rune shards are each worth 5 IP towards your next purchase. They do not vary in value.

And my initial complaint was that it is too unpredictable. Right now, the combiner is totally random. My system takes your input and uses it to narrow the range of runes you can get. Specifically, you put multiple runes in to get one rune of strictly higher value, and the remainder is given in rune shards to make sure you don't permanently lose IP you've invested in runes in the first place.

Cylynce

02-12-2011

Honestly I would settle for just a rune destroyer, but this works

rottenbrain

02-12-2011

I like the idea ◕ ‿‿ ◕