Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kastion

02-12-2011

Quote:
ikeblade:
Am I right that this guy is wrong? I mean...all four of her skills are SKILLshots.
Idk, I have a hard time playing her as well as I see some people do. I don't get that OMGWTFburst ult like some.
Tips?

The dude playing malz is full of ****. Omg you have to manage your mana, who doesnt (besides energy based chars). All you do is spam all your skills and press r while they are ontop of the void zone for an easy kill.

Coersion

02-12-2011

Quote:
Christmas White:
Did it countless times, because the laser takes up like half the lane.

Doesn't change the fact that it's a skillshot. Don't try to discredit it because you find it easy to aim. That's like saying Ashe's ulti isn't a skillshot when used point blank because it takes no skill.

Kastion

02-12-2011

Quote:
Christmas White:
Did it countless times, because the laser takes up like half the lane.

and i bet you can bench 350 pounds, run a 4.40 and have a 9 inch *****.

Coersion

02-12-2011

Quote:
Kastion:
and i bet you can bench 350 pounds, run a 4.40 and have a 9 inch *****.

He also probably has a PhD and only plays this game to educate high schoolers.

Delycious

02-12-2011

Lux's Q, W, and R abilities are "skillshots" - if you watch the champion spotlight for Lux ----

Link here: http://youtu.be/pJB6JWDESWU

Shurelia, the designer of Lux, even mention they are in the spotlight

KFZ

02-12-2011

Quote:
Coersion:
Doesn't change the fact that it's a skillshot. Don't try to discredit it because you find it easy to aim. That's like saying Ashe's ulti isn't a skillshot when used point blank because it takes no skill.

I second this. Skillshot is just the TERM. It does take a certain amount of "skill" to hit the shot. There are] people who cant hit it.

Mynt

02-12-2011

Every champion that you play is a 'high-skill champ.' The ones you don't are all average, or sub-par. So I guess that guy is correct. That sucks, OP. :[

Minrog

02-12-2011

Quote:
Coersion:
That's like saying Ashe's ulti isn't a skillshot when used point blank because it takes no skill.

I thought the definition of a skillshot was more narrow. Like, Ashe's ECA is a skillshot because it has an aimed travel time projectile.

The way you are describing it, anything with a targeting reticle would count (ex:Annie's Tibbers, the Flash Summoner spell, Karthus' Lay Waste).

Dadds

02-12-2011

Malz takes more skill than Lux?

Funny, I asked a similar question a little while ago about a somewhat difficult ap character, and people told me not to get malz because he's so simple to use.

Try not to listen to other people about characters anyway. I personally feel that Lux is not an extremely easy character to use, I've seen so many people miss her skill shots (though I guess people don't think they are skill shots in this thread?)

Coersion

02-12-2011

Quote:
Minrog:
I thought the definition of a skillshot was more narrow. Like, Ashe's ECA is a skillshot because it has an aimed travel time projectile.

The way you are describing it, anything with a targeting reticle would count (ex:Annie's Tibbers, the Flash Summoner spell, Karthus' Lay Waste).

Actually, no it isn't. Skillshot means that it goes in a straight path after aiming it to a certain range, usually exceeding targeting reticles. Lux's ulti is quite wide, but its range isn't global as well.