Real and obvious problem with RANKED play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fruitysalad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2011

Many people complain about Elo hell, feeders, n00bs, griefers, *******s and jerks in all levels of ranked play. This kind of stuff will most likely always be a problem, people are going to have bad days and feed, people are going to play drunk, people are going to be generally ******ed and there isn't much you can do about that but play more ranked and hope you get a lucky break.

There are things though that I see SO many people do in ranked, such as

• autoattack creeps in lane
  • push without trying to last hit
  • not buying wards after getting ganked from the river
  • attempt to solo dragon with all enemies up and several mia from the map
In my opinion these are all fairly basic and newbie mistakes to make, but the reality is you can't blame people for doing these things because they probably don't have enough experience or games played to know them!

Which brings me to my next point... all the things I mentioned above come naturally with experience and games played... so why are there brand new 30s with only 100 or 200 wins under their belts allowed to play ranked? If they make these newbie mistakes, it's not really their fault because they don't have enough experience. On the flip side, its a ***** to us more experience players who actually have played a ton of games...

Why not make a threshold for normal games played before you can play ranked? Like Elementz said, ranked is a place for players who want to test their skills against each other, for players who have had their fill of normal and want to move their game up to the next level. Adding a normal games threshold before ranked would solve this problem which I happen to see alot. And it's pretty stupid, like I see people in the mid 1300s autoattacking creeps in lane I'm scratching my head wtf?

Anyways thoughts?

OpCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

It will take more than just an amount of normal games to be played to cure ELO hell.

MaDMaGe

02-12-2011

autoattack creeps in lane
push without trying to last hit
Dont you think thats the same?

fruitysalad

Recruiter

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpCloud View Post
It will take more than just an amount of normal games to be played to cure ELO hell.
True but I think having a threshold of 300, 400 or maybe 500 games won would be nice before people start ranked
Hopefully by then people would learn how to last hit :s

Spookshow

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitysalad View Post
True but I think having a threshold of 300, 400 or maybe 500 games won would be nice before people start ranked
Hopefully by then people would learn how to last hit :s
I don't even have 400 wins and need to carry any ranked game I want to win, or at least duo queue and hope to completely dominate a lane to offset everything, even then, people take whatever they want. You'd think everyone specialized in 1 champion. Even if I personally do well, I get lowered ELO, stuck with these f**kwads, then if I queue dodge said f**kwads, what do you know, another hit to ELO. Sorry I didn't wanna complete the teemo/lux/nidalee/jungle EZ combo you guys had goin there.

Precision

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDMaGe View Post
autoattack creeps in lane
push without trying to last hit
Dont you think thats the same?

haha exactly...