forgive my lack of knowledge...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vintageparty

02-12-2011

But I've been playing Ezreal for a while now (and while I wouldn't say I'm amazing, I'd like to think I'm pretty okay, at least without having to face Morgana or Cassie) and something recently came up that I feel stumped about. AD vs AP.

Firstly, what's the difference? I mean, I never really learned the difference between the two but people keep asking me about it beginning match and I'm like: "hurrdurr idk" Is there any significant advantage to one over the other? How would I know which one to go with?

I just figure this is something I'd need to know if I'm going to be attempting to main Ezreal.

oneseeker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2011

ATM ap ez has more late potential with lichbane than ad ez. Its just a matter of how well you can farm. Its much harder to farm AP ez since you usually wanna save arcane **** to engage or escape champions and essence flux doesnt hit creeps. However with lichbane late game your effectively pumping out more physical as your ap increases since lichbane works on hit if your mystic shot hits, and you still maintain the status even if you miss. But where as ad only effects one of your spells (mystic shot) ap allows you to carry out more damage with all of your spells. However again with ad you'll be able to farm better early game.

RectusD0minus

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneseeker View Post
ATM ap ez has more late potential with lichbane than ad ez. Its just a matter of how well you can farm. Its much harder to farm AP ez since you usually wanna save arcane **** to engage or escape champions and essence flux doesnt hit creeps. However with lichbane late game your effectively pumping out more physical as your ap increases since lichbane works on hit if your mystic shot hits, and you still maintain the status even if you miss. But where as ad only effects one of your spells (mystic shot) ap allows you to carry out more damage with all of your spells. However again with ad you'll be able to farm better early game.
I think you spelled "arcane shift" wrong

KyranX

02-12-2011

AD Ezreal is where you rely on you Mystic Shot, Arcane shift positioning, melee damage, and probably even your passive to do damage. You would be trying to attack with your Melee but then at the same time try to not get too close and kite them if they get close to you. Mystic shot should be tried to be used constantly since it is your main source of DPS and try your best to use it fast and accurately. Your other skills like Essence flux and Ulti would be tried to keep your passive stack up or used in the beginning before a big engagement for full stacks for that slight DPS increase. The thing about AD Ezreal is that it is easier to farm creeps while it is harder to farm on AP Ezreal.

AP Ezreal would be more kiting eccentric. Its sort of like because your range of attack is longer than AD Ezreal because you don't need to put yourself in that much danger to Melee attack people for Damage. You are constantly using two skill shots and shooting at people from a long range and your ulti just does more damage. IMO AP Ezreal does more damage than AD Ezreal in a team fight because your AoE shots would be doing more damage and Mystic Shot will still do as much damage as AD Ezreal with Trinity because you have Lichbane. The main problem I had with AP Ezreal was the creeps. Seriously AP Ezreal will lose to creeps. I suggest incorporating Rageblade into your build since its roughtly 90 AP and give you AD and attack speed against creeps. Btw your skill shots seems to give two stacks each shot to rageblade in which case just using your first barrage of skill shots will give you 4 stacks which is around +20 AP so its easy to reach the 8 stack 90 AP full potential of Rageblade.

There isn't much difference in damage between AP Ezreal and AD Ezreal. Its just that your main source of damage is different between the two. Its really up to preference and playing style as to which build you want to go.

VoiceofTreason

02-12-2011

Try to roll with a triforce on Ezreal. It gives you some really awesome overall damage AP and AD and give you a lot of very useful utility. You don't have a horrible early game from ap and you are not a one spell + auto attack wonder.

VoiceofTreason

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RectusD0minus View Post
I think you spelled "arcane shift" wrong
Lol