Sivir - Spell shield

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darth Bane

Member

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffie View Post
be good to hear from a Dev if the spell shield is actually working as intended. I heard boost isn't working as intended, maybe the 2 are tied.

I dunno.

As far as i can tell both boost and spell shield have the same shield, the only difference is boost lasts a bit longer.

But ya i have noticed a few times how shields do block ultys and dont block things like expunge.... I could even accept it if i had my shield up and was expunged if it took my shield and did no damage but left the poison.

I dont know whats with the shields, its hard to figure out because most of the time when it is used during a chaotic fight.

DEV comments would be rather useful on this issue.... then at least we could know what should work and what shouldn't so we can more accurately report bugs and problems with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyton

Member

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bane View Post
Hey i was playing Sivir today and noticed that her spell shield doesn't stop Twitches Expunge spell.
Whenever I play Sivir, I don't put the shield up until I see the expunge animation start, and it always blocks it for me...

Are you sure the twitch wasn't just being smart and hitting you with a quick slow then expunge?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darth Bane

Member

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyton View Post
Whenever I play Sivir, I don't put the shield up until I see the expunge animation start, and it always blocks it for me...

Are you sure the twitch wasn't just being smart and hitting you with a quick slow then expunge?

2 of the 3 times i cant verify if he did or didn't slow me first, but the third time he slowed me before i shielded and flashed away. so the only thing that could have hit me was his expunge.

It might block expunge some times the same way dark binding sometimes decides to go through ppl, but i had only 3 times where i could be 100% positive no other champ hit me or anything like that. We did have some chaotic fights in that game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendari View Post
I always think it's retarded when I see boost stop Ashes arrow ultimate.
That's about the only non-targeted spell that spell shields block. Quite odd.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
I think the reason it doesn't block twitch's expunge is because the poison counters are already in her. It's more of a set and blast skill combined with twitch's passive.
Wrong -- it doesn't stop Twitch's Expunge because Expunge is not a targeted spell.

Sivir's Spell Shield, Banshee's Veil, and Boost's Spell Shield do not stop AoE or multiple-target spells from taking effect. Expunge is an example of one of these spells.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darth Bane

Member

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusAudley View Post
Wrong -- it doesn't stop Twitch's Expunge because Expunge is not a targeted spell.

Sivir's Spell Shield, Banshee's Veil, and Boost's Spell Shield do not stop AoE or multiple-target spells from taking effect. Expunge is an example of one of these spells.

I am fairly positive spell shield stops Annie's aoe cone spell on that target (the flame cone takes off the shield weather it does damage or not i am not positive). Weather or not that is supposed to happen is another story.

Technically sivirs spiral blade is an AOE spell and that takes off spell shield or boost doing no damage (one way the second way it hits) This one i have seen many times and know that boost and spell shield block 1 way of that aoe spell.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rokk

Senior Member

08-17-2009

It seems to be really random what spell shields do and don't block, especially Sivir's. There needs to be a more intuitive way to determine if a spell will be blocked other than figuring out each spell individually.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darth Bane

Member

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokk View Post
It seems to be really random what spell shields do and don't block, especially Sivir's. There needs to be a more intuitive way to determine if a spell will be blocked other than figuring out each spell individually.

agreed, i would love the devs to give a list of what spells each shield is supposed to block. so if it doesn't block a spell we can look and KNOW that it is supposed to block it or not.

This would be a huge help for us to give better feedback


12