Sivir - Spell shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darth Bane

08-16-2009

Hey i was playing Sivir today and noticed that her spell shield doesn't stop Twitches Expunge spell. I am not 100% if it happens every time or not (i haven't played Sivir enough to say), but i saw it go through my shield 3 times today.

All 3 times i was fighting the opposing team when twitch came out of stealth and started well being twitch when i was down to about 1/5 of my max hp i shielded and flashed away from the fight. after the flash i was not near anyone to hit the shield off me and then i get expunged and die with the shield on.

It seems to me that it didn't block expunge because the Deadly Venom counts were applied before the shield (most of them). This doesn't seem right since the spell shield is strong enough to stop Primordial Burst (Veigar's ulty) and expunge is not an ulty.

ddaimyo

08-16-2009

Spell Shields in general are fairly capricious in what they choose to let through. Not sure if they are bugged or if some spells are meant to go through them but I notice it with Boost, Black Shield, and Spell Shield.

Duffie

08-16-2009

I don't think it is working as it is intended. I am not sure though. It is strange that Morgana's shield works against everything and is castable on allies. Seems more powerful in all aspects lol

Just speculating though.

ddaimyo

08-16-2009

Morgana's shield is not infallible. I have seen it remove Dark Binding from an opposing Morgana, then not remove it the next time. I've seen it not remove other debuffs as well.

As for Sivir, I for sure her shield doesn't block Annie's conal nuke, any of Lich's spells, any of Anivia's, and probably more that I can't recall right now.

I heard someone speculate once that Spell Shield doesn't block "AoE" spells, and since Lay Waste and Requiem are technically AoE they don't block it. But Frostbite is a single target spell and it goes right through the shield every time. It is most mysterious =P

TL Phrost

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-16-2009

The spell shields from boost and sivir's E seem to like to stop projectile based spells and nothing else.

Morgana's spellshield specifically indicates that it absorbs damage so it will absorb other magic damage (like tyrandemere's slash, nunu's ult, etc) that isn't a projectile before it breaks.

Thats the major differences i think.

Wana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2009

Formula seems to be:

Direct target = Block
Indirect target = Unable to block

ddaimyo

08-16-2009

Not necessarily. Spell Shield doesn't block Anivia's E skill (I think it is called Frostbite, the nuke that does double damage against frozen targets) and that is a single target projectile.

Duffie

08-16-2009

be good to hear from a Dev if the spell shield is actually working as intended. I heard boost isn't working as intended, maybe the 2 are tied.

I dunno.

KBTKaiser

08-16-2009

I think the reason it doesn't block twitch's expunge is because the poison counters are already in her. It's more of a set and blast skill combined with twitch's passive.

Lendari

Adjudicator

08-16-2009

I always think it's retarded when I see boost stop Ashes arrow ultimate.