Buy sheen on GP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrJon3s

02-12-2011

How come more people don't buy sheen on GP. It takes care of you're mana, damage, and gives your heal a little extra. For 1260 gold it comes out to a bonus 81 damage at level 9. If you buy a sapphire gem and 2 health pots you can farm enough for sheen and boots on your first trip back.

nuniki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

I do a build with GP that comes out to be about 94% crit (so 100% with green pot) which includes trinity force. Typically do very well.

Edit: That said I don't get it until much later

Kroghar

02-12-2011

Because GP is a melee champ that relies on a ranged ability for damage. He jukes in and out, typically he builds all dps and little survivability. There aren't many situations where you'd want to use an ability and charge at someone to follow up with an attack.

It's not a horrible item on him, but not as effective as it is on a melee champ that needs to be close to the opponent (Irelia, Jax, Xin, etc), or as on a ranged champ that can follow up damage from a distance.

Dagyr

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroghar View Post
Because GP is a melee champ that relies on a ranged ability for damage. He jukes in and out, typically he builds all dps and little survivability. There aren't many situations where you'd want to use an ability and charge at someone to follow up with an attack.

It's not a horrible item on him, but not as effective as it is on a melee champ that needs to be close to the opponent (Irelia, Jax, Xin, etc), or as on a ranged champ that can follow up damage from a distance.
(Parrley procs sheen. /post)

Patolord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

Sheen stacks with Parley isnt?

Xabu1

02-12-2011

Quote:

parrley procs on hit effects, your argument is invalid, he relies on a ranged ability, but even with that, he still doesnt' need to get close to use the sheen proc

trinity force gives teh same damage bonus as IE, but it is guaranteed with just the Tforce, no need for more crit,

Larson McMurphy

02-12-2011

Quote:

Just in case it hasn't been made clear (which it may not have been), when you activate parrrly it procs sheen, and then when the bullet hits its target, the proc is consumed giving the shot bonus damage. It actually works really well. Sheen will give you better damage than a B.F. sword for parrrly shots if you want to think of it that way.

Larson McMurphy

02-12-2011

I'm a big fan of trinity force on GP, but I've been trying out some non-trinity force builds lately to see if I can find something better. I find myself wanting to get a phantom dancer somewhere in the build for the movement speed. The problem with phantom dancer though is that it doesn't improve your damage. So I've decided that if you do want to get trinity force in a gangplank build, it should take up the phantom dancer slot, since it'll give you movement speed, attack speed, and crit chance (although less of those things), but also some other useful stats, not the least of which is the damage proc. I really think it just works a lot better than phantom dancer.

MrJon3s

02-12-2011

All Im saying is this week all I have seen is people stacking avarice blades. Sheen gives solid damage early game more damage then a bf and mana for cheaper.

Greatrabe

02-12-2011

Its good early game, but sheen damage doesn't benefit from crits. Once you have an IE sheen/triforce would be better replaced with a straight + damage item. BC will be adding more damage on parley crits, and affects even non parley attacks