Main Champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nickchan85

02-12-2011

Since Vladimir will be nerfed beyond usability, I have started to look for a new main champion (I use other casters such as Annie and Karthus as secondaries). My question is: are there other champions (preferably casters - can be others, too) that have similar mechanics to Vladimir and can effectively control the mid-lane as well as him? I am looking for someone who's a bit tankier and does NOT use mana or energy and is rarely banned in ranked games.

Thanks or your help.

Myocardial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

Vlad will still be a viable champion as he always has been. Quit overreacting, especially before you even see the numbers of the changes. (or try it)

Kalshazzak

02-12-2011

Kat can control mid pretty well, and doesn't use energy or mana.

Morde might be the only other non-mana/energy champ who can mid.(although I've never seen one mid since the cone shield generation nerf)

Neither are banned often.

nickchan85

02-12-2011

Thank you, Kalshazzak.

Shagrarz

02-12-2011

I haven't seen a Mord mid for a good long while...but it was always annoying as hell when i did. Unharassable tin-head!

Kroghar

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Guided View Post
Vlad will still be a viable champion as he always has been. Quit overreacting, especially before you even see the numbers of the changes. (or try it)
I agree with this guy. Don't over-react, Riot seems to know that Vlad is mostly balanced, they're just trying to eliminate his ability to get out of almost any sticky situation. I don't think they'll nerf him so much as shift his effectiveness in different areas.

Otherwise, there aren't many options for ranged champs that don't use mana. Kennen is the only other one that really jumps to mind. Uses energy, has an even stronger early lane than Vlad. He's not as naturally tanky, but if you build Rylai's and Hourglass he can be. His E is even comparable to Pool for effectiveness as a getaway move.

Otherwise I'd recommend Swain. He uses mana, but his passive regens it so quickly you'll never run out unless you abuse your ult. I actually think of Swain as stronger than Vlad in a lot of ways. He's very similar as a magetank. Just spamming Torment is a stronger harass than Vlads Q. Has more single target damage than Vlad, and far more survivability in team fights just hitting R. Get a Rod of Ages and Spirit Visage.

RectusD0minus

02-12-2011

man... every vlad user must be a ****in drama queen cus all I have seen is QQ....

nickchan85

02-12-2011

I played against Mordekaiser in mid just recently, super annoying during the laning phase!

I hope that's the case, Koghar. If they reduced the shift the effectiveness of sanguine pool to more of a slow rather than an escape mechanism, then I'd be fine with it (more slow duration and time but less time spent in pool). Either that or they could nerf sanguine pool completely and buff transfusion and tides of blood.

Anyway, thanks for your inputs.