DPS Janna: Screw Tornados, I Can Crit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treestub

04-22-2010

this guide rock

reziel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Rose View Post
The Problem with DPS Janna is the same problem with DPS Nunu: Bloodboil and Eye of the Storm, while nice to have on Nunu/Janna, are just plain more useful on Ashe/TF/Twitch/Tristana/Corki/etc.

So yeah. It works. But it'd work a lot better if you just casted Eye of the Storm on your carry like it's designed to be casted.

Please stop making people play DPS Janna. It works as well as DPS Nunu (and that's not very good).
Point taken, but if playing this build correctly, you don't use Eye of the Storm on yourself when there's a legitimate carry around. At no point did I instruct anyone to do otherwise in my guide.

Also, I'm not making anyone play anything. Plus, DPS Nunu is much worse because he's melee, and melee champs need to have a lot going for them to be worthwhile.

reziel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrats View Post
So,you claim that thing to be better than Tristana? lol.You can never beat a dps Tristana with a dps Janna.

Keep in mind:

1)Critical dmg runes arent so good.Use armor pen instead.Armor pen + critical>critical + more critical.

2)Janna can play dps but she wont ever be so effective like other dps in the game.There are other good dps Jannas out there but they arent match for deadly dps like Tristana or Twitch late game.

3)Ap Janna is also viable,even in high elo.Nothing wrong with it.

4)I see your guide and the tons of items you can get.Believe me,vs good opponents you wont be able to buy all these items.
I haven't updated this guide since they nerfed crit damage runes.

Yes, you are better off using armor pen runes at the moment.

Of course DPS Janna doesn't actually match an equally level'd, money'd carry. It's kind of a given. They have different roles.

AP Janna is more viable now than she used to be. She's received a few changes, including a monsoon buff, executioner's calling nerf, and eye of the storm and tornado buffs. Another example of how this guide is slightly outdated now.

Believe me, vs. good opponents you probably won't be choosing Janna to begin with, unless you want an uphill battle. 3v3 is a different story.

WoekoeWoekoe

05-14-2010

How 'bout changing one of the avarice blades to a Ghostblade? More attackspeed, armor pen and movespeed... Just throwing in my 2 cents.

Xalerwons

05-14-2010

armor, magic resist, cooldown reduction...

E a carry, Q tap > W > run into the middle of them > ult > split enemy into 3 & 2.

2 gets raped by your 4.

You might die, probably not.. 5(4)v3 next push..

???

Profit

DPS items don't help you achieve this

Souchie

05-14-2010

People really have the strangest ways of playing Janna.. the number of good janna's i've seen is... maybe 3 of which one is a friend of mine.

You're janna.. you don't need tank items or critical items or what not. Why waste money while your team mates are likely much better at dps then you are? You need AP and loads of it. You want enough AP that can blow away an entire creep wave with a single tornado.

If you really want/need to save creeps for your team mates to farm at least get Kage's Lucky Pick that will easily give you close to 200 AP.

in closure:

cast your shield on others not yourself.. they hurt more then you.
use your tornado to harras people and farm creeps.
don't build tank or crit or damage items... please?

Or actually follow this guide since the chance is good I'll have a janna like that in the enemy team FREE MONIES!

McBruha

05-14-2010

BUMP

Currently the only way to play Janna effectively, and be a valuable asset to your entire team. (Until they make that "mage" tag on her mean something)

QCbob

05-14-2010

The other day I went in a game against a DPS janna, and it was scarry. End-game, I tried to solo-gank her with garen and before I even realised it, she killed me with auto-attack. Before that, I never saw Janna as a treath, but now I'll try to watch out for her build to see if it match this guide's one. Nice guide.

Souchie

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCbob View Post
The other day I went in a game against a DPS janna, and it was scarry. End-game, I tried to solo-gank her with garen and before I even realised it, she killed me with auto-attack. Before that, I never saw Janna as a treath, but now I'll try to watch out for her build to see if it match this guide's one. Nice guide.
You're one of those damage items only garen aren't you?

But even then.. you should be able to hit trough that shield in one or two hits and after that its a free kill.

But maybe with the new upcoming patch offensive janna is the only build that will work since everything magic gets nerfed.

PosPosPos

05-17-2010

Meh at the very most really. I only run DPS jannas for a laugh because it's nothing but a gimmick.