DPS Janna: Screw Tornados, I Can Crit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

poopookaka

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by reziel View Post
More movespeed on Janna would be mostly overkill. I just get across the board +Crit damage in red, yellow, and quintessence.
I get all attack speed runes actually and all points in offensive. DPS harass / Crowd control Janna is pretty sweet. Thanks Reziel!

zarthforums

02-27-2010

Janna's definitely better off going AD or full support. I mean the shield's just asking you to land more phys dmg.

Varaxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-20-2010

I tried an AS build with her to get more damage from her shield. I always solo queue and it's been really unique fun. I generally play "random" heroes, playing each to understand them better and basically know my limits when I encounter them, so my runes and masteries change a lot.

I have 21/0/1 atm at level 22 with Deso Marks, Dodge yellow, scaling MR blue, and move speed quint. Not optimal, but I've made it work with Exhaust and Ignite on Janna.

I start Meki + 2 HP pot. I harass heavily until the enemy's tower hugging and aim to down the tower quick and move on to all other "front" towers. I get Chalice and Zerk boots. I then get Recurve. I make it into Last Whisper. I get another Recurve and depending on how my team's doing, I upgrade it to M-Razor or Wit's End or switch to make Frozen Mallet since Janna has one of the smallest HP pools I've seen.

I level Eye, Gale, Zep, Eye, Eye, Monsoon, Eye... prioritize eye then Zephyr, then monsoon, then gale. I use Gate to catch heroes and to keep melee aggressors at range and to escape (I rarely let it charge...I spam Q to get it out instantly). I tend to be more aggressive when Eye is about to run out, since I know another is coming up soon. I use Zephyr only if they're running.

It doesn't work every game. She's a glass cannon until Frozen Mallet. I don't get crit items. I basically milk static dmg from Eye and items with attack speed. 10W-9L with my setup, though was once 7-2. ELO system has been challenging me.

Stacking AS and static dmg bonus items + a good fight initiator/disruptor = good times in champ skirmishes.

Rawrified

03-21-2010

DPS Janna is the most fun i've had wiht Janna since i stacked a bunch of AP in a level 15 game :O
lol

Perilya

03-21-2010

I always get Nashor's Tooth early, either before or after boots. It's cheap, gives mana regen, AP (which is of some early use in lane control), attack speed and importantly 25CD reduction. The range of benefits makes it of more use than Malady to a Janna.

The CD reduction means you can HG more often making you an excellent disruptor ruining enemy attacks (in conjunction with your alt) or pushing better. Obviously you can toss shield and slow more often and late game it is great to be able to heal the team more frequently.

Even an attack Janna needs to heal sometimes. It's an awesome support skill but not something that you might want to build your champion around. Even without extra AP it's still good and the throw back used stategically is fantastic.

After boots and Nashor's I take standard damage items like Inf Edge and Bloodthirster. I have tried the Rageblade but have not felt it really added much compared with raw attack damage (+AS and Crit) gear.

xrats

03-22-2010

So,you claim that thing to be better than Tristana? lol.You can never beat a dps Tristana with a dps Janna.

Keep in mind:

1)Critical dmg runes arent so good.Use armor pen instead.Armor pen + critical>critical + more critical.

2)Janna can play dps but she wont ever be so effective like other dps in the game.There are other good dps Jannas out there but they arent match for deadly dps like Tristana or Twitch late game.

3)Ap Janna is also viable,even in high elo.Nothing wrong with it.

4)I see your guide and the tons of items you can get.Believe me,vs good opponents you wont be able to buy all these items.

Chai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrats View Post
So,you claim that thing to be better than Tristana? lol.You can never beat a dps Tristana with a dps Janna.

Keep in mind:

1)Critical dmg runes arent so good.Use armor pen instead.Armor pen + critical>critical + more critical.

2)Janna can play dps but she wont ever be so effective like other dps in the game.There are other good dps Jannas out there but they arent match for deadly dps like Tristana or Twitch late game.

3)Ap Janna is also viable,even in high elo.Nothing wrong with it.

4)I see your guide and the tons of items you can get.Believe me,vs good opponents you wont be able to buy all these items.
You're quite confused about the role of a DPS Janna. A DPS Janna's role shifts as the game progresses.

Early game, you'll find yourself as a carry with your insane damage output and unmatched mobility. However, moving into late game, her role changes gradually to a more supportive role.

It's unreasonable to compare Janna to Tristana because in no way are they similar even though they may both be built for DPS. Tristana on one hand simply just Quick Shots, Right click, and my occasionally Rocket Jump or Buster Shot, and therefore serving as a pure DPS carry role. She does not offer any forms of disable nor does she assist the team in a supportive manner.

Janna on the other hand has the ability to disable the ENTIRE enemy team, heal and shield allies all WHILE dishing out damage. Of course her DPS isn't as high as Tristana's but what I'm trying to say is that her role is completely different.

Churchy

Friend of Urf

04-05-2010

she has 2 nukes and a shield that have .75/.8 ratios. Her heal is 1.4 over the duration.

That isn't to say that your build is bad, I find that it works pretty **** well early-midgame at a upper mid elo, and can carry at low elos easily.

But the reason to play her this way shouldn't be that her ap ratios are low because that's anything but the case. She works quite well as a support ap.

DevilNL

04-11-2010

hey there! i tried this build and i must say its pretty nice :d

Burning Rose

04-12-2010

The Problem with DPS Janna is the same problem with DPS Nunu: Bloodboil and Eye of the Storm, while nice to have on Nunu/Janna, are just plain more useful on Ashe/TF/Twitch/Tristana/Corki/etc.

So yeah. It works. But it'd work a lot better if you just casted Eye of the Storm on your carry like it's designed to be casted.

Please stop making people play DPS Janna. It works as well as DPS Nunu (and that's not very good).