DPS Janna: Screw Tornados, I Can Crit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korath Arcolite

02-12-2010

I was just in a game with a crit+dps Janna who did pretty decent. Good damage, lots of finishing hits. I liked the way she worked with the team

agip33

02-16-2010

oh neat...

btw, i use diff builds against diff ppl... in the higher elo bracket, i've changed my build a bit (unless i have a really good start)... its hard to build up those items against really good players...

thanks for the plugs..

btw, I'm still hoping for some minor buffs to janna. she's still weak but fun to play with.

xSJx

02-17-2010

How do you deal with having no mana regen? I hate running out of mana, I always try to follow builds with no regen items or without my regen runes and I just constantly run out. Am i just spell happy or what?

Xyirx

02-17-2010

If you're DPS Janna, you can always farm 890 for Chalice of Harmony plus a buff from Golem....This way, it would help your mana to regenerate fast. Your base mana is quite large, compared to other pure DPS champions.

reziel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSJx View Post
How do you deal with having no mana regen? I hate running out of mana, I always try to follow builds with no regen items or without my regen runes and I just constantly run out. Am i just spell happy or what?
It's probably the biggest difficulty while playing her honestly, as it can be so tempting to harass with zephyr and whatnot If it's that big of a problem, you can swap out a summoner spell for clarity. I don't think it's any less valid.

xSJx

02-17-2010

Yeah, I had to go exhaust/clarity. I'm too used to my mana regen runes . Thanks for the input.

jedininjaman

02-18-2010

Janna has no abilities that make her a good choice for a dps hero...
compare to Trist who has a Jump ability, +90% attack speed ability, a Dot, and an Ult for moving enemies around. Not including Trists great range.
Some heros have skill ment for dpsing, Janna just does not.
I consider her a caster with a little more than average survivability.

reziel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedininjaman View Post
Janna has no abilities that make her a good choice for a dps hero...
compare to Trist who has a Jump ability, +90% attack speed ability, a Dot, and an Ult for moving enemies around. Not including Trists great range.
Some heros have skill ment for dpsing, Janna just does not.
I consider her a caster with a little more than average survivability.
I consider her a support with no better survivability than any other caster or support, but excellent movement speed and kiting ability, and nothing else to do with her items but get more damage anyway. More mana and some CDR only help the team so much.

It's a reasonably valid way to play her, but you rely entirely on others in order to land kills and keep the game in your favor. If your team isn't winning, caster / support Janna can't do **** about it.

Flux Aureo

02-18-2010

Whats its your advice for quint runes? Movespeed?

reziel

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivia View Post
Whats its your advice for quint runes? Movespeed?
More movespeed on Janna would be mostly overkill. I just get across the board +Crit damage in red, yellow, and quintessence.