Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Vlad Nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethelion

02-12-2011

IDK why people say vlad is not OP

How many casters got that crazy escape mechanism vlad has? none
How many casters can nuke you every 1.8 seconds with cap CDR? none
How many casters can get 3500hp and 650AP? none

I think vlad was intended to be played as a pure caster carry (something like ryze is gonna be now), low cds and a nuke, but obviously it backfired creating that...thing vlad is now

ofc noobs vlad players will say STFU NOOB L2 COUNTER HIM USE CC, yes, but isnt CC the way to counter ANY champ? having to deplete all your cc's on vlad just to prevent him from pooling is plain dumb.
I think riot will remake pool so it will get affected by AoE spells, something like Akali's twilight shroud

EDIT: vlad lover downrating everyone itt lol

Mynt

02-12-2011

Quote:
Avyi:
Except he doesn't have the same skillset as Annie.

Their ratios differ for a reason.

So that comparison is void.

No, he actually has the exact same skillset as Annie.
Single Target nuke.
Conal AoE.
Survival Spell
AoE Nuke that reduces someone's time in a fight by ~17%.

Morello posted some jazz about why Annie was better because she had 3 damage spells instead of 4, or something that I didn't understand. That thread is closed now because of whiners, so I can't quote it unfortunately. I'm willing to accept that he knows what he's talking about, because it's Morello--he does things with Annie I can only dream of.

But numerically, there is no thing that Vlad has a lack of. He could use a nerf to numbers.

Silverdevilboy

02-12-2011

Quote:
ZodiarkSavior:
Just like Ezreal, Galio, Anivia, Ryze, Akali, Karthus, Poppy, Sion, Ashe, Kayle, Renekton, Nasus, Katarina, Karma, Cassiopeia, Kassadin, Taric, Lux, Morgana, Trundle, ect

Stop talking.

Ozmega

02-12-2011

this is the only champion since i started to play this game that i thought that needed a balancinghammer

grim1

02-12-2011

Quote:
Avyi:
Let me just start this out by saying....I hate Vlad. I hate his playstyle, I hate playing with or against him, and I hate playing as him.

BUT, as much as I hate him I feel like these nerfs are unfair. The Reds have already stated multiple times that they think Vlad is mediocre and irritating as far as designs go but NOT OP. I feel they are just doing to this to suppress outcry from the community.

Now I know the Reds also said that they planned an entire rework for him.

When I heard that he was getting a rework I was quite happy as I know many others were as well.

But I have to question whether or not this is still the case with the recent nerfs Vlad is receiving. It seems like they just took the easy way out by nerfing him until people stop playing him or he becomes useless.

So my question is simply this.
Is Vlad still getting a rework? Or are these nerfs so you don't have to fix whats broken?

Don't know if you noticed but that's what they do. Evelyn? The champion by herself not OP but let her jungle and everyone and their mom say OP so they nerfed the hell out of that until they could figure out what to do. Innervating Locket? Removed from the game entirely. Knowing the ultimately want to rework him kinda makes me worried about how long that will take and what state he'll be in until then

FogRaider

02-12-2011

Meh, bumping out of curiosity for what this thread will spawn.

zebrawaterfall

02-12-2011

Quote:
Mynt:
No, he actually has the exact same skillset as Annie.
Single Target nuke.
Conal AoE.
Survival Spell
AoE Nuke that reduces someone's time in a fight by ~17%.

Morello posted some jazz about why Annie was better because she had 3 damage spells instead of 4, or something that I didn't understand. That thread is closed now because of whiners, so I can't quote it unfortunately. I'm willing to accept that he knows what he's talking about, because it's Morello--he does things with Annie I can only dream of.

But numerically, there is no thing that Vlad has a lack of. He could use a nerf to numbers.

Yeah, because vlad stuns every five spells and kills you with one spell combo.

Maybe most people haven't realized, but it takes skill to play vlad. You don't just blood pool whenever and burst off your two nukes and hope for the best. I've seen so many terrivlad people out there..believe me.

And in fact, annie is a great counter to vlad.

Step

02-12-2011

bumping

r431

02-12-2011

They need to buff other aspect of Vlad to make up for his nerfs.

Those nerfs are unjustified because Vlad is not op.

Mynt

02-12-2011

Quote:
zebrawaterfall:
Yeah, because vlad stuns every five spells and kills you with one spell combo.

Maybe most people haven't realized, but it takes skill to play vlad. You don't just blood pool whenever and burst off your two nukes and hope for the best. I've seen so many terrivlad people out there..believe me.

And in fact, annie is a great counter to vlad.

How is negating someone's ability to damage you for 2 seconds any different from negating their ability to move or use abilities for 1.75 seconds?

How is killing a team 17% faster any different from preventing them from being alive for 1.75 seconds out of a team fight? I really want you play a game as Annie, Mr. Vlad-takes-skill.

She's not all cream cheese and bagels like people want to believe.