Fixing Cho'gath's Ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zan

The Council

08-16-2009

The main problem with this guy is he is a tank that is more scared to die than any other class in the game. If you die it takes 6-10 minutes to get back to full size, during which time you can't use your ult if any fights break out or anything.

So I propose this:
If Cho'Gath kills his target with his ult, the cooldown of the ability is set to 10 seconds.

I know a lot of other people have suggested other things like not losing your whole stack when you die etc, but I think this fix is cleaner. Yes this means he would be able to kill creep pretty fast, but i dont think people would want to waste a ton of mana just eating creep every 10 seconds for money. A ton of heroes can already use a short cooldown ability to nuke a single creep if they wanted.

Yes this also means if chogath uses his ult to kill a champion he may get to use it again in the same fight. That actually seems good to me and a nice little buff for him if he times it right.

AtlasNR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2009

Wait a second. You want him to be able to fully feast in less than a minute on minions? I do think it needs a change but that's pretty drastic.

Lendari

Adjudicator

08-16-2009

Yeah we definitely need to have fully farmed CHO at level 6-7. That would be awesome.

The Tyrant

Adjudicator

08-16-2009

yeah, sounds like a cool idea TC. I agree, cho'gath needs to be more useful to a team, we NEED buffs!

BooO

08-16-2009

More useful? he tanks very good, he has stun, silence and the ult has a very good effect on your health, how about if you die you get 2 less growth?

Sorry to say that 10 seconds is to drastic, sorry but its a bad idea.

Zan

The Council

08-16-2009

I guess the question is, is the ability balanced to assume full stacks? If it is, then i dont see how it could be a problem.

If the ability is balanced at like 2 stacks and anything above that is "bonus" or something, the entire concept is flawed imo. The ability should be balanced to expect people using it to its full potential, otherwise it feels terrible for the player.