Cho'gath banned in ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Yeezus

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargrax View Post
awesome, u think cho is 4th best at least he is one of the best?
He's a better support than full on tank unless you can land Rupture on demand. If you can, he's **** near unkillable. I've had several instances where it takes 4 people ~10-12 seconds to kill me at level 18.

Hannor

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMLOwl View Post
It makes sense because the team with first pick is going to get a much better tank and be more likely to win. First ban and last ban are Shen/Rammus to prevent them from being in the game.
You would think, but the most likely to win is the team that knows how to handle tanks, regardless of how innately strong the tank is.

Doing things like:

Grabbing BV, merc treads, or quicksilver sash. in the case of mumu or ramm.

Not grouping up. In the case of nunu, cho, or shen.

Not overextending in the case of alistar or malphite.

Using such tactical maneuvers such as flanking or kiting.

Not blowing all cd's on to focus down the tank.

Are incredibly effective but non existent at low elo. Where problems exist such as:

Six item 1337 carry builds instead of two item cores + boots then situational options.

Tunnel vision combined with no patience.

Chasing in spite of four mia's.

Never warding points of strategic and tactical importance. (Often giving the necessity of a six item build as the reason.

tl;dr Tanks get banned in low elo because people do not want to or know how to play smart. The losing team often does the tank's job for the tank, which makes tanks incredibly strong picks.

p.s. can't wait for the new tank tree champ to come along, giving more tank options.

Mylon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

Here's how teamcomp works:

It's pretty universal to say that most teams need a tank.
The first question this begs is, "Why is a tank so important?"
But the real question people are missing out on is this: "If one tank improves our chances so much, what if we get more than one?"
The Tanky metagame is born.

Tanks do damage while building survivability and have strong CCs to control the battlefield and they're durable enough to actually close with the enemy instead of evaporating like a Carry typically does. To put it bluntly, tanks are overpowered. And they practically have to be because few people want to play them.

Heliostorm

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by drebin314 View Post
Cho' getting banned is what threw you off there? Not the potential free week Udyr or the Teemo claiming he's tanking?

And yes, this is a very sad day. Cho'Gath getting banned better not become a trend.
Udyr was definitely free week. So was Galio. Teemo didn't tank at least, but he didn't do much of anything else either. We ended up winning thanks to a very fed Akali.

But yes, Cho'gath getting banned was what threw me off. It just shows that the world hates tanks.

TGTheProdigy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

amumu is hanging out right there.. He is one of the best tanks

Alex Dude

02-12-2011

Cho before Galio? And Amumu still there? Is Feast that much scarier than AOE disables?

BTW my condolences OP for buying Caitlyn.

KillinUrDoodz

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Dude View Post
Cho before Galio? And Amumu still there? Is Feast that much scarier than AOE disables?

BTW my condolences OP for buying Caitlyn.
Silence is a heavily, heavily underrated disable. Cho'Gath has one of the best in the game.

Vargrax

Recruiter

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillinUrDoodz View Post
Silence is a heavily, heavily underrated disable. Cho'Gath has one of the best in the game.
agree
but ur the guy who wanted frozen heart/ glacial shroud nerfed

Lurking

02-12-2011

A ban in one game means nothing yesterday I told my banner to ban Katarina and Cassiopia and they did.

KillinUrDoodz

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargrax View Post
agree
but ur the guy who wanted frozen heart/ glacial shroud nerfed
I'll ****ing call it now.

Carnivore is going to get nerfed again in the next 5 patches.

Feral Scream is going to get a duration nerf in the next 10 patches.

Glacial Shroud deserves the nerf really hard.

I get downvoted for saying Cho'Gath is overpowered. There are so few regular Cho'Gath players too. I see another Cho like once in every 100 games. Are all these people with such opinions avid Cho'Gath players, or do they just downvote anyone who has an opinion contrary to popular consensus?