Stop calling tanky champions tanks...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zardoc

02-12-2011

Quote:
1. mundo can be a very effetive tank, he can get on top of their squishies and harass the hell out of them, and make their life in a team fight a pain with the CC reduction.
See: Garen, Mordekaiser, any other tanky dps. It is their JOB to get to the squishies and harrass/kill the hell out of them. That does not qualify them as tanks.

Your argument, invalid.

Narvuntien

02-12-2011

well when my team all picks and locks in squishes I have to play..... Swain he isn't a tank... but he is the only person with surviviblitly that I can play.

can Swain furfil the roles of a tank?

Iniate:.... maybe, his W can break up oppositions teamfight structure and isolate champions. why do all tanks have to be melee?
CC... Hells yes Slow and Snare (with rylais it is even scarier)
Survive.... Yes to an extent, can take 4 v 1 fed late game provided no one has ignite then you just activate zhonya's. his CC also helps.

did I just prove Swain was a tank?.
I could do the same for Xin

I think the problem is that people are fixated on an ideal of a tank. you can get away with not having a tank if you have different champions that collectively furfil the role of a tank....

Mundo + Poppy and you have a Tank.

get over you labeling and catergorising nature... sometimes things can be many things

kQCckTD8B8rlrURT

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narvuntien View Post
well when my team all picks and locks in squishes I have to play..... Swain he isn't a tank... but he is the only person with surviviblitly that I can play.

can Swain furfil the roles of a tank?

Iniate:.... maybe, his W can break up oppositions teamfight structure and isolate champions. why do all tanks have to be melee?
CC... Hells yes Slow and Snare (with rylais it is even scarier)
Survive.... Yes to an extent, can take 4 v 1 fed late game provided no one has ignite then you just activate zhonya's. his CC also helps.

did I just prove Swain was a tank?.
I could do the same for Xin

I think the problem is that people are fixated on an ideal of a tank. you can get away with not having a tank if you have different champions that collectively furfil the role of a tank....

Mundo + Poppy and you have a Tank.

get over you labeling and catergorising nature... sometimes things can be many things
Swain makes an exellent tank. He also has sort of a "built in taunt" since his tank build is pretty similar to normal ap build so he can still melt faces and therefore is a big threat to enemy team if not taken out quickly.
Only time he can't really tank is when the other team has champs with healing reducing skills and/or ignites.

big wooden sword

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
See: Garen, Mordekaiser, any other tanky dps. It is their JOB to get to the squishies and harrass/kill the hell out of them. That does not qualify them as tanks.

Your argument, invalid.
its everyones job to get teh squishes >.>

kyanos

02-12-2011

i run lets see... malphite, cho'gath and rammus as my tanks... cant really play the other tanks, not enough practice with em. ought to get around to it one of these days o.o

honestly speaking i classify tanks by the qualifier that they can actually peel people off of allies AND survive high levels of focus fire. i say both simply because if you persistantly save your teammates, you will get your *** ganked.

towards that end, the three i named above are fully capable of keeping an ally alive even without a support character, even though i dont believe cho'gath is qualified as a tank anymore according to riots tagging system :X i still look at him as one simply because if he's sitting on six stacks and he's literally SITTING on his team in the team fight, your gonna have a fun time trying to click anyone else arent ya...

i dont consider garen a tank because he simply cant peel folks off. he can SCARE them away, but he cant pull them off if they push the issue. thats my distinction right there... essentially a tank is going to have some form of CC, either hard or soft... and lots of damage soaking potential.

mundo is... odd. i dont exactly consider him a tank, even though he meets the criteria i stated above... dont get me wrong, he can fill the role... but his only ability to peel people is his cleaver, and it sure aint the slow that gets people to leave. as to being tough... he relies heavily on his regeneration to survive, though he has his CC reduction ability for a little assist...

basically he meets the criteria, but does so so badly that its more fear factor causing people to abandon their runs, moreso than any innate capability of mundos to prevent it :X