Stop calling tanky champions tanks...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NessOnett

02-12-2011

to be fair...a Morgana with an Omen will initiate a LOT better than a Mundo with a Warmog's...your analogy is flawed, she is a much better tank XD

WalkingOnWater

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraldic View Post
How about a tanky team then?

EDIT: By the way, since Rammus and Shen are autobans for Ranked, people will turn to the nearest tanky champion as tank, so currently, the term "tank" can now encompass tanky champions.
That doesn't make them a tank. They're just filling in for the tank, in that they can absorb damage. They're tanky, but they're not actual tanks.

Nvirjskly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
to be fair...a Morgana with an Omen will initiate a LOT better than a Mundo with a Warmog's...your analogy is flawed, she is a much better tank XD
I said that mundo is not a tank, an morgana cannot initiate AND soak up damage without using a useless joke build.

Nvirjskly

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoThisisfun View Post
imo tanks are guys that gives time for teammates to catch up and kill them while the tank tries to take damage
The thing is that the tank has to deal a decent amount of damage to make the enemies think they should attack him
I think that's why chars such as malphite, who deals a nice amount of damage, is considered a tank among the community
You seem to misunderstand. I said that Malphite/Ram/Mumu like champs are tanks and Mundo/Garen/Sion are NOT tanks.

NessOnett

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvirjskly View Post
I said that mundo is not a tank, an morgana cannot initiate AND soak up damage without using a useless joke build.
If she's initiating and soaking up damage than she's a lot less useless than most characters. I think you need to learn to read carefully and think before you post.

WalkingOnWater

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
If she's initiating and soaking up damage than she's a lot less useless than most characters. I think you need to learn to read carefully and think before you post.
But there's other champions who can do that job so much better. It's like building attack speed Rammus. Kinda pointless, don't you think? Morg shouldn't be filling the role of the tank, that isn't what she's made for. You can make anyone a damage sink, just by building armour/MR/health on them, but that doesn't make them a tank, it makes them tanky.

big wooden sword

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvirjskly View Post
All too often I see people pick Mundo/Garen/Morde when the team says that we need a tank against a team that has Mumu/Malph/Ram and don't understan why one fulfills the role of a tank and the other does not... Mumu, Malph, and Ram are all excellent initiators that force team fights in a way that Mundo/Garen/Morde cannot. I don't care if you build all tank items on them. I can build all tank items on Morgana (and I do in normals, it's fun) but that does not make her fulfill the role that a tank should. Now I know that not all teams need tanks, and I keep silent if our team is full of hard cc or we have Ashe, but this is getting so bad that people are calling Sion a tank and building AP, or saying that they are tanking with blitz but rushing a manamune... please stop...
1. mundo can be a very effetive tank, he can get on top of their squishies and harass the hell out of them, and make their life in a team fight a pain with the CC reduction.
2. what makes garen seem like a tank is his move that gives him more AR/MR, and he used to be a really effective tank,but riot saw it necessary to move hi to a dps roll.
3. the reason people rush a manamune on blitz is to build his mana up. this way when he gets low on health his mana shield absorbs lot sof damage. is he the only tank you want for a team? of course not, but he is very tankish.

NessOnett

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingOnWater View Post
But there's other champions who can do that job so much better. It's like building attack speed Rammus. Kinda pointless, don't you think? Morg shouldn't be filling the role of the tank, that isn't what she's made for. You can make anyone a damage sink, just by building armour/MR/health on them, but that doesn't make them a tank, it makes them tanky.
A tank's primary purposes are(in order):

Initiate
Crowd Control
Survive

If by building tank then she can do all three of these effectively then...

Compared to "tank" Mundo who can...survive(sometimes)

She is the better tank by far.

And no, DPS Rammus doesn't work. He has nothing in his skill set to support it. Morg has several CCs and innate survivability skills to bolster her tank arsenal. But Rammus has no effective steroid, dash, burst skill, so he makes a terrible DPS.

Fuuu Guy

02-12-2011

i made a thread about tanks in LoL , i said Riot should release a new tank and ******ed kids just kept posting tanky champions and they thought "tanky" = tank .
They haven't stfu

mundo 's role is try to annoy the enemies amap . He's really annoying

mundo do what he pleased

Rurk

02-12-2011

Morgonna Tank = God
Crit Rammus = LOLWTFHOWAMIDEAD?!?!?!
AP Sion = Making noobs cry