Stop calling tanky champions tanks...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nvirjskly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

All too often I see people pick Mundo/Garen/Morde when the team says that we need a tank against a team that has Mumu/Malph/Ram and don't understan why one fulfills the role of a tank and the other does not... Mumu, Malph, and Ram are all excellent initiators that force team fights in a way that Mundo/Garen/Morde cannot. I don't care if you build all tank items on them. I can build all tank items on Morgana (and I do in normals, it's fun) but that does not make her fulfill the role that a tank should. Now I know that not all teams need tanks, and I keep silent if our team is full of hard cc or we have Ashe, but this is getting so bad that people are calling Sion a tank and building AP, or saying that they are tanking with blitz but rushing a manamune... please stop...

Heraldic

02-12-2011

There are some champions that can fulfill tank roles. Deal with it.

Trollmanship

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvirjskly View Post
calling Sion a tank and building AP
I lol'd

My Little Carry

02-12-2011

imo tanks are guys that gives time for teammates to catch up and kill them while the tank tries to take damage
The thing is that the tank has to deal a decent amount of damage to make the enemies think they should attack him
I think that's why chars such as malphite, who deals a nice amount of damage, is considered a tank among the community

flokiaAOE

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraldic View Post
There are some champions that can fulfill tank roles. Deal with it.
yes if the idiots oppenents focus them instead of ignoring them

Beddlam

02-12-2011

Mundo can tank, especially for ranged DPS and casters. It is very hard to get to them when he's lobbing cleavers at you.

EDIT: maybe not in a 5v5 situation, but in smaller skirmishes he can definitely fulfill this role, and even without any DPS gear, he can put out enough damage with cleavers and burning agony to be hard to ignore.

WalkingOnWater

02-12-2011

I agree.

WalkingOnWater

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beddlam View Post
Mundo can tank, especially for ranged DPS and casters. It is very hard to get to them when he's lobbing cleavers at you.
There's a difference between tanking and being a tank. I can tank some damage - I take the damage, I survive with substantial health. That doesn't make me a tank, however. It makes me a meatshield.

Heraldic

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by flokiaAOE
yes if the idiots oppenents focus them instead of ignoring them
How about a tanky team then?

EDIT: By the way, since Rammus and Shen are autobans for Ranked, people will turn to the nearest tanky champion as tank, so currently, the term "tank" can now encompass tanky champions.

WalkingOnWater

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraldic View Post
How about a tanky team then?
Different from a team of tanks