Jax - Darkness' Guide to Facebreaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freöhr

02-12-2011

Hello everybody, firstly, I would like to start off saying that I LOVE JAX. I have been maining him for about a week, and have developed a really good build on him I would like to share. Once, I was 0/7, then once I got some items I ended the game 9/9. That may not seem good, but that is a pretty big comeback. So, enough chatting, lets begin.

RUNES - Call me a noob, but I don't use runes much. I am champion savvy so can never save enough up for runes. I am working on a page of attack speed, armor penetration, ability power, and health, however.

MASTERIES - Standard offense masteries. Whatever works for you.

SUMMONER SKILLS - I go Ghost and Exhaust, but you may prefer Ghost and Ignite. Whatever you want.

Build:
Cloth Shirt-
Ninja Tabi-
Rageblade-
Frozen Hammer-
Stark's Fervor-
Atma's Impaler-
Infinity Edge(Game is probably over by now.)

Well, that is my brief, hopefully enjoyed guide to Jax, master of arms.

IndomitusRex

02-12-2011

Guides are supposed to have information, strategy, and logical reasons for the choices made in said guide. Saying stuff like "whatever you want" generally indicates that you don't have sound reasoning for your choices, and you probably aren't qualified or cut out to make guides.

Your post barely qualifies as a build, let alone a guide.

Carados

02-12-2011

Why are you buiilding a Frozen Mallet over a Rylais?

the journey

02-12-2011

This guide displeases me, and doesn't actually "guide" the user to do anything.

:"Standard offense masteries. Whatever works for you. " <- is an example of a poor guide.

In my personal experience, I run 21 in Defense (that 2nd to last ability, the attack speed and ability power one is godlike), 1 in Utility (Improved Ghost) and the rest in Offense. I take Cleanse/Ghost because if you get CC'd in a fight, you can be dropped so quickly that you won't even have time to react.

I'd like to think this is better:
Ninja Tabi/Mercury Treads [depending on team]
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Hextech Gunblade
Lich Bane [you can get the Sheen much earlier in the game to significantly boost your damage output+mana pool, then upgrade it later]
Rabadon's Deathcap

..is a much more effective build. Going pure AD on Jax feels like a waste 90% of the time because AD is more expensive then AP per point, and Jax has really good scaling on all his skills (which are coincidentally all very low cooldown as well).

Carados

02-12-2011

The problem with your build, Journey, is you could replace the Gunblade with a Void Staff and your build would be that much stronger.

the journey

02-12-2011

That's quite true - this build does have no penetration. I run all magic pen marks but you make a great point regardless.

However, I simply can't pass up the active and Spell Vamp on Gunblade. Because it doesn't scale at all (at least the damage doesn't, lategame 300 damage tickles most heroes), I try to get it earlier in my build so I can get the most use out of it. A Void Staff could definitely fit in there anywhere if they're stacking MR and you've got the farm.

Carados

02-12-2011

You don't need the active: It's a low damage nuke, you have a Rylais, and if you want spellvamp, buy a WotA. A Jax with no IE, no LW, no anything has no reason to grab a Gunblade.

the journey

02-12-2011

Thanks for the suggestions; I'll give it a shot next time.

On a side note, my dark side has been calling to me lately, quietly trying to urge me to buy a Malady on Jax..it's so **** tempting, but I'm trying to resist..

Carados

02-12-2011

The problem I have with Malady on Jax is it's more attack speed, which you don't need! I figure it could be amazing. Maybe instead of a Void Staff? 24 reduction isn't a ton if you don't have sorcs or Guise, though.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

Let me share my sweetspot build with you.

9/21/0

Take the AP and attack speed from both masteries.

Runes:

Marks = Increased attack speed
Seal = Increased attack speed
Glyph = Increased attack speed
Quints = dodge
(the increased attack speed seals + masteries make it so once you hit leve 6 you become a complete powerhouse by relying on your ult passive dammage.)

Summoner spells: Improved exhaust and teleport

Items:
***Regrowth Pendant and health pot
Ninja tabs
***Regrowth Pendant
Ginsoo
***Zeal
***Phage
Hextech
Trinity
Force of Nature (skip if no decent APs on enemy team)
Atma's, thornmail, hexdrink or banshees

Great against enemy non-tanks that do not have lots of AP and AD built up. (Your teams dammagers should be going for these guys first anyways. Jax is good at hoppin around the battlefield and leaving stunned opponents in his dust trails when he needs to run)

After you get your AD high enough then your life becomes high enough to synergize well with atmas, force of Nature.

Attack speed gets to about 2.2-2.3 with just ginsoo, full ult and the runes. Trinity tops it off and lets you build jax ult faster.

Try to save your spells for every every 3rd hit. Jax is the master of 3s.

So auto-attack,auto-attack, empowered strike (plus your ult passive dammage gets thrown in + trinity 150% dammage enhancement), auto-attack, auto-attack, Dodgestun, Autoattack (plus trinity enhancement + jax ult passive dammage), auto- attack, auto-attack, leapstrike, auto-attack (plus trinity enhancement + jax ult passive.)

My leveling order:
Dodge
Empower
Leapstrike (at level 3 become very agressive, for 1 level, against anyone who doesnt have 3 dammaging skills at level 3 by skill design)
Dodge
Empower
Ult
Dodge
Empower
etc. etc. etc. Ult number 1, dodge number 2, empower next but dont leave leapstrike THAT far behind.