Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Relok

02-12-2011

I am somewhat new to LOL and dota style games. I've decided my champ of choice is going to be teemo.

Seems like hes the only champ i really ever win with when i play. But every once in awhile ill have a bad game and people start telling me how bad i am and to suicide and my build is terrible.. yadda yadda.

I generally try to build him hybrid.. and like i said most games work out well.

i was wondering how typically a teemo is built.

the way i generally play is.

regrowth > philosophers
+3 boots
malady
gunblade
nashors
games usually over but if not usually bloodrazer or rageblade at this point.

any tips or feedback would be appreciated!

Tanerian

02-12-2011

Skip the Regrowth and Philosophers. Start with a Dorans Shield

This will give you 100 hp, some armor, and enough hp regen. You do not need the 5 gold/sec or mana regen.

You can sell the Dorans shield later when you need 200 gold.

Your build.. Well I don't dislike any of those items, but I'd certainly never stick to that same build every game.

I hardly ever get + 3 boots, and I don't think you should either. Teemo's Move quick will already make you faster than everyone else without activating it.. activate it and it's a mini Ghost.

I'd stick with either Zerker Greaves, or Sorc Boots.. Even Lucidity depending on your rune/mastery set up. My preference is Sorc boots.

I pretty much always get Malady as my first real item. I get it before I upgrade to boots 2. (Dorans > boots 1 > Malady > Boots2)

After that it TOTALLY depends on what I'm up against, and how I've been doing so far.

Bloodrazer is great, Nashors Tooth is good as well, the CDR helps with Mushroom Madness. Gunblade I'm not against, but I just don't get it often.

Post info regarding your play style. What you do in lane, which skills you level first, how you use your mushrooms, and what you attempt to do during team fights.

I'll try to adjust your strategy if I see anything wrong with em.

TheSex

02-12-2011

I like going AP Teemo. Makes his mines do a stupid amount of damage and his Blinding Shot trucks. While AS builds work good, I just like being a ****** with his mines. :P It's quite fun when 1 mine takes away 1/4 of thier hp and you have them laying everywhere. Just my personal play style with him.

Relok

02-12-2011

im lvl 25 runes atm are flat atk dmg reds, flat atk speed, yellows, and going to use flat ap blues.. but donthave ip for em yet and flat hp quints.

i usually use my shrooms to surround my lanning area through early / mid. I hate dying so i feel much more comfortable knowing if anything is near me.

I usualyl try to go for As/ AP build but people tell me its aweful soooo.. am i spose to just go straight AP ? some people tell me to go AD but i dont understand how it could be better then AS/AP at all

Siky

02-12-2011

I wouldn't bother to get Gunblade at all on Teemo. If you need healing, buy some hp pots. Hybrid Teemo isn't as good as people think he is, his shrooms are either annoying or noticeable and middle of the road means they're really just annoying still so the extra AP only stifles anything else you cna be good at. Concentrate on either AP or AD, not both.

If you want a Gunblade style slow, get Rylai's and your Q is now your Gunblade on a 5 second CD. If you want Spell Vamp... well why bother? You don't do consistent damage for the heal to be really noticeable. Lifesteal means you're better off getting any AD item instead that will make your auto stronger and subsequently your lifesteal stronger. Hybrid is cool when you get additional benefits from both stats, Teemo only has AP Ratios so Hybrid isn't really a viable option. People try it and win, but they're not winning because Hybrid Teemo is boss.

Carados

02-12-2011

AD, AP, and AS/AP are all bad builds. Teemo scales badly with AP, having one relibable nuke. Teemo carries about as hard as a Zilean or an Annie, so there isn't a reason to do that.

Basically, magic damage right click is the only way to build Teemo where your team isn't playing an effective 4v5.

Basically, something like this:

Doran's Shields ---> Malady ---> (Wit's End, Phage, Defensive Items) ---> Bloodrazor ---> Mallet ---> etc.