Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


L0CUST's Champion Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reivur

Senior Member

01-24-2010

Quote:
L0CUST:
I feel many of the champions are situational, and/or many of them are simply worse than others. Here we go! In a pre-made vs pre-made Match, this is how I would rank the Champions. They are Ranked by Tiers and Left to Right. If you want an explanation for a champion, just ask

Tier 1: Twisted Fate, Fiddlesticks, Sivir, Corki, Alistar
Tier 2: Malphite, Nasus, Annie, Twitch, Anivia, Amumu, Taric
Tier 3: Morgana, Nidalee, Kayle, Shaco, Blitzcrank, Gangplank, Tristana, Kassadin
Tier 4: Cho'Gath, Katarina, Nunu, Sion, Udyr, Karthus, Rammus, Heimerdinger
Tier 5: Master Yi, Ashe, Dr. Mundo, Singed, Jax, Pantheon, Gragas

Fairly Worthless (need some love): Tryndamere, Veigar, Ryze, Janna, Poppy, Teemo, Soraka, Zilean, Warwick, Evelynn

-L0CUST

note1: the tiers are all relatively close, and become blurred depending on your/opponent's team makeup
note2: I believe everyone should know my tier list is more correct than all the others

I think his list is referring to the current Poppy and not the nerfed Poppy. I only say this because if its based on the patch notes then its strange that Katarina isn't in the Fairly Worthless section. :0

Tiering Pantheon and Gragas is kind of ignorant. There's never enough games on Test Realm to get good matches and the few rare matches that do occur will have a Pantheon and Gragas on both teams; which isn't very good at evaluating their compositions against current tiers so much as evaluating their individual item builds. You really jumped the gun on tiering those two.

The rest is reasonable. A little surprised Kayle isn't higher up though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExS Perfect

Senior Member

01-24-2010

Quote:
TheSKooL:
Dream team as follows: Zilean, Warwick, Evelyn, Karthus, and Janna.

Bring who you want in Tier 1/2/3 You won't do **** VS this.



Yeah man that sounds like a terrible team! haha


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zastrozzi

Member

01-24-2010

Quote:
RisingSword:
I like how almost no one defends Warwick lol.


Because everyone understands that he needs a complete overhaul. His only selling point is his ult, and that is glitchy garbage right now.

I'm surprised at some of the placements on this, though not really. Amumu, in particular doesn't really seen like he's a candidate for tier 2, even after L0CUST's explanation. I wouldn't ever call his damage output decent, even for a tank, and he is one of the worst lanemates in the game. Even though is ultimate is awesome, a champion that is awesome for 2.5 seconds every 3 minutes doesn't seem like much of a deal to me.

I'm also surprised at how low Twitch is. I'm not the type to wail and gnash my teeth when I see him, but he is pretty much the best physical carry in the game at this point. If that isn't tier 1 material, I don't know what is.

Mundo deserves a trip to the "needs love" pile, as he really doesn. Executioner's Calling hurts him too bad at this point in time for him to be out of bottom tier, even if he might be better in some situations than say, Singed. Jax should probably end up there, too, due to the fact that a Sword of the Divine effectively counters him, as well.

As much as I love Ryze, I think he does need some help. Longer range spells OR better base stats OR higher move speed. Really, any of these would put him in tier 3-4 simply due to the fact that he can stun every 4-6 seconds with a decent CDR set.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HowlingKommando

Senior Member

01-24-2010

Quote:
L0CUST:
Nasus is one of the few tanks that gets better and better as the game goes on. If he can farm up his 'Q' a bit early, he can start wrecking people in Team Fights. Also, he gives a -Armor Debuff for you Carry to wreck people.. his Ultimate makes him need less farm to be Tanky, and deal significant damage in team fights. Also, his 'W' slows a targets attack/move speed considerably.. Unfortunately, he can't be too aggressive in a lane and he does take more farm than Malphite/Amumu/Alistar to start being really strong.


I'm a big fan of Nasus as well, and agree that he's very much underrated, but I do think you over ranked him. Unlike most Champs, his effectiveness only starts coming into play at around Level 7-8 and usually around 11-12 against better teams. In some cases, games are decided by then (making him not the greatest solo queue choice).

He's weak when his ultimate's on cooldown, he can't initiate, and his reliance on last hitting means his early game development (and in consequence late game power) can be delayed to some extent if laned against tough opponents.

Love the character, but he's not as reliable as the likes of Malphite or Taric in terms of always being able to bring their goods to the table every match.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L0CUST

The Council

01-24-2010

Quote:
zastrozzi:
Because everyone understands that he needs a complete overhaul. His only selling point is his ult, and that is glitchy garbage right now.

I'm surprised at some of the placements on this, though not really. Amumu, in particular doesn't really seen like he's a candidate for tier 2, even after L0CUST's explanation. I wouldn't ever call his damage output decent, even for a tank, and he is one of the worst lanemates in the game. Even though is ultimate is awesome, a champion that is awesome for 2.5 seconds every 3 minutes doesn't seem like much of a deal to me.

I'm also surprised at how low Twitch is. I'm not the type to wail and gnash my teeth when I see him, but he is pretty much the best physical carry in the game at this point. If that isn't tier 1 material, I don't know what is.

Mundo deserves a trip to the "needs love" pile, as he really doesn. Executioner's Calling hurts him too bad at this point in time for him to be out of bottom tier, even if he might be better in some situations than say, Singed. Jax should probably end up there, too, due to the fact that a Sword of the Divine effectively counters him, as well.

As much as I love Ryze, I think he does need some help. Longer range spells OR better base stats OR higher move speed. Really, any of these would put him in tier 3-4 simply due to the fact that he can stun every 4-6 seconds with a decent CDR set.


yeah.. Tier 5 needs some love as well, but the characters in Tier 5 have some good stuff going for them, the ones in the need love category generally get trumped by higher tier ones, and the reason for twitch being in Tier 2 is because I am predicting the next patch


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slurpy

Senior Member

01-24-2010

Quote:
HowlingKommando:
I'm a big fan of Nasus as well, and agree that he's very much underrated, but I do think you over ranked him. Unlike most Champs, his effectiveness only starts coming into play at around Level 7-8 and usually around 11-12 against better teams. In some cases, games are decided by then (making him not the greatest solo queue choice).

He's weak when his ultimate's on cooldown, he can't initiate, and his reliance on last hitting means his early game development (and in consequence late game power) can be delayed to some extent if laned against tough opponents.

Love the character, but he's not as reliable as the likes of Malphite or Taric in terms of always being able to bring their goods to the table every match.


Nasus' 100% slow, -40 armor, and powered up Q is hardly weak. He just becomes very strong with his ult up. Also, by that same logic, Malphite isn't any good without his ult up, which is even more true for Malphite than with Nasus.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HowlingKommando

Senior Member

01-24-2010

Quote:
Slurpy:
Nasus' 100% slow, -40 armor, and powered up Q is hardly weak. He just becomes very strong with his ult up. Also, by that same logic, Malphite isn't any good without his ult up, which is even more true for Malphite than with Nasus.


Weak is relative. The way I was interpreting it is that he's significantly more powerful with it on, thus he is weak without it. Due to this, it's generally unwise to fight without the ultimate when given the choice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShloobeR

Member

01-24-2010

how can sion be so low : (


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tehm

Junior Member

01-24-2010

Quote:
L0CUST:
I feel many of the champions are situational, and/or many of them are simply worse than others. Here we go! In a pre-made vs pre-made Match, this is how I would rank the Champions. They are Ranked by Tiers and Left to Right. If you want an explanation for a champion, just ask

Tier 1: Twisted Fate, Fiddlesticks, Sivir, Corki, Alistar
Tier 2: Malphite, Nasus, Annie, Twitch, Anivia, Amumu, Taric
Tier 3: Morgana, Nidalee, Kayle, Shaco, Blitzcrank, Gangplank, Tristana, Kassadin
Tier 4: Cho'Gath, Katarina, Nunu, Sion, Udyr, Karthus, Rammus, Heimerdinger
Tier 5: Master Yi, Ashe, Dr. Mundo, Singed, Jax, Pantheon, Gragas

Fairly Worthless (need some love): Tryndamere, Veigar, Ryze, Janna, Poppy, Teemo, Soraka, Zilean, Warwick, Evelynn

-L0CUST

note1: the tiers are all relatively close, and become blurred depending on your/opponent's team makeup
note2: I believe everyone should know my tier list is more correct than all the others


Tier 1 is ok other than fiddle; Annie is strictly better and she's tier 2.
Tier 2 is good though there's a real argument for amumu moving down one.
Singed is definitely tier 3, Rammus MAY be in there too. I'm VERY iffy on Morgana or Nidalee in these spots. I can make no comment on Kassadin but he is very rarely seen at high elo.
Kat is worthless, Heimerdinger is tier 5 at best after rockets fix.
Mundo is likely worthless but ONLY because of the cheapness of executioners, he SHOULD be a tier 3 or 4...

Teemo should be at least tier 5 if not 4, Veigar probably does need a rework but is at least as good as most of the tier 5s (though strictly inferior to annie), Janna is more like a tier 4.5 with the potential to be a T2-T3 physical carry if they just reworked her ultimate.

IMO anyways...

Singed at T5 is clearly either a joke or a very bad mistake ;p


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redoubts

Senior Member

01-24-2010

Quote:
HowlingKommando:
Unlike most Champs, his effectiveness only starts coming into play at around Level 7-8 and usually around 11-12 against better teams.


I disagree. His AOE gives you early lane control at its second level. Either the opponent is utterly scared of my aoe, or their lack of deference makes them ripe for ganking.