L0CUST's Champion Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2010

FCK YEAH, Tryndamere is no longer worthless.

Oh & Jax:

Sword of the Divine
Madreds Bloodrazor
Wits End
Casters
Thornmail

Kadzin

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0CUST View Post
Yeah, I probably placed him a bit too high. As for Janna, she is one of those champions that sounds great on paper.. but just never works out in a competitive 5v5 setting.

As for Ashe and Anivia, I think Ashe is a bit stronger. They both have slow spam; however, Ashe can initiate and isn't reliant on blue rune to deal damage and CC. Also, Ashe can stay back further from the fight and deal decent chunks of damage. Granted they are placed next to each other.. and if you read the link posted in my original post, you would see that higher rated champions aren't necessarily better.

If your team can allow Anivia to get blue rune before every encounter, and you can give some decent farm to Anivia early.. I would say she is a better choice.
So Jax is now top tier? :-/
And pantheon in fairly worthless
Tryndamere should be still in fairly worthless
I think you should lower Jax to tier 2 at least.
and swap pantheon with Tryndamere.

Mullalulla

03-01-2010

Tryn in an actual tier and not under fairly worthless ? Thats when you know this locust guy is full of ****.

Dude has no clue.

HowlingKommando

03-01-2010

I saw a couple of decent Gragas's recently. What isn't widely known/abused on him yet is that his body slam can go through walls, so he is a tank with a spammable Corki Valkyrie. His real only downfall is that his ultimate is still unreliable.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure he'll deserve a move up a bit from bottom bottom once his free week comes around and people get to play him more again.

TokinPrez

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
So the way to bring back melee carries into this game is to make them have tank HP and carry DPS?
That is one way to go about it yes. Jax before suffered from dying near instantly in group battles from AoE spam and AP casters could easily burst him down before he was able to do much of anything.

Look at other more viable melee dps...

Poppy has a tanky passive and an ult that gives her immunity, this allows her to function as a melee carry and not be insta killed.

Jax has a HP stacking passive and high dodge which allows him to function as a melee carry and not be insta killed.

Mordekaiser has his shield mechanic which is in many ways a second HP bar which allows him to function as a melee carry.

Nasus is the most hybrid of the ones listed here but he can also be a melee carry.

The melee dps that are viable are all tanky hybrids. There are as you can see many ways to make them viable for jax that is HP stacking to withstand AoE in group fights and dodge to make him a good anti physical dps carry.

Did they go to far with Jax?? Perhaps but only slightly I think. I could see lowering his passive to 4/3 or even 4/2 or upping the cooldown time on his stun so people are not punished so harshly for attacking him. Otherwise I think he is fine and it is nice to see another melee carry be viable in a game dominated by range.

RobMorrison

03-01-2010

what in the hell is shaco doing in tier 3?

DragonArmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2010

L0CUST,

When you update the your tier list on the first page, could you copy it into your most recent post also? It would be neat to see how the list changes over time, but at the moment, there is no record of your previous tier lists. In two years, it would be neat to look back and remember when...

- Jax moved from needing love to being called OP,
- No one knew how good Mordsieker would be,
- Gragas' ult was awful,
- etc.

Thanks,
DragonArmy

Lameador

03-01-2010

Why is Mordekaiser so low ? as a tank, he is pretty impressive :

* High durabilty due to his shield mechanic
* Very high farming skills even with 0 damage items
* Abilty to get very good stuff (due to the famring skilled mentionned above
* Abilty to instagib opposing creep waves, which rellay helps when fighting under your tower

Eaglesfan

03-01-2010

Honestly i feel that the tier list changes way to often even when no patches have been released making the list not as useful as it once was. Especially when there is no comments on why champs have been moved.

Charmicarmicarmicat

03-01-2010

I would rate panth above trynd and mundo tbh...