Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Avarice Blade needs a rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMLOwl

02-12-2011

You basically said it. Avarice Blades builds into a Ghostblade which is an amazing item. Philo Stone and Kage's Lucky Pick don't build into items that are nearly as good.

Mylon

02-12-2011

Quote:
IMLOwl:
You basically said it. Avarice Blades builds into a Ghostblade which is an amazing item. Philo Stone and Kage's Lucky Pick don't build into items that are nearly as good.

Except that the whole point of my post is that Avarice Blade might as well be removed, replaced with a +750g cost to Ghostblade and, short of the outlier of Gangplank, the whole game would be better off without this noob trap. The GP5 component of Avarice blade does not fit a measly +12% crit strike item at all.

gnoevoet

02-12-2011

While I can agree with the problem you're stating, the solution you're offering doesn't fix it. Making it cheaper or increasing the crit % doesn't change anything regarding the actual problem (crit lategame stat, gp5 earlygame stat), even though it's a buff.

IMLOwl

02-12-2011

Quote:
Mylon:
Except that the whole point of my post is that Avarice Blade might as well be removed, replaced with a +750g cost to Ghostblade and, short of the outlier of Gangplank, the whole game would be better off without this noob trap. The GP5 component of Avarice blade does not fit a measly +12% crit strike item at all.

If you do that though, no one would buy ghostblade. You're removing the intermediate item that makes spending the gold on it palatable.

Mylon

02-12-2011

Quote:
gnoevoet:
While I can agree with the problem you're stating, the solution you're offering doesn't fix it. Making it cheaper or increasing the crit % doesn't change anything regarding the actual problem (crit lategame stat, gp5 earlygame stat), even though it's a buff.

Edited the thread to more appropriately match the title. A rework would be more appropriate as opposed to a buff.

Rabid Meese

02-12-2011

Meh, in certain situations I perfer Avarice Blade to Brutalizer.

Before I go on, why mention Renekton? He would ALWAYS choose Brutalizer first, because of the CDR. If he went with Avarice on his way to Ghostblade, BAD KID.

But yes. I like the 12% crit chance on a lot of champions: specially if you buy 2 early game. Level 6 having 24% crit chance. Try that on a Yi, Gangplank, Tryn, or Twitch, you'll crit your pants.

While sustained damag is better, crit is always nice to have. And having it more expensive is good: you dont want to see a twitch have an easier time stacking crit if they're playing Critch. Crit provides a 200% damage increase, I think its fine for its benefits.

Mylon

02-12-2011

Quote:
Rabid Meese:

But yes. I like the 12% crit chance on a lot of champions: specially if you buy 2 early game. Level 6 having 24% crit chance. Try that on a Yi, Gangplank, Tryn, or Twitch, you'll crit your pants.

Trynd and Gangplank are outliers. They both heavily rely on their late game and generally aren't considered top picks anyway. Yi I can see making use of crit, given he gets a significant amount of 'free' damage. I will disagree on Twitch. Generally he'll be better served by buying a longsword over an Avarice Blade and the longsword is cheaper.

I should also note that AD is generally not a very good stat all by itself. The BF sword would be an awful waste of cash if it wasn't the IE it builds into. That Avarice blade does worse than an overpriced longsword (and costs more than the longsword) is awful.

BloodTrinity

02-12-2011

I love seeing well thought out threads from people on my friends list. +1. :]

Mylon

02-12-2011

Bump