@Elementz (and high Elo elitists)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saga of Ilthire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2011

I actually agree with Elementz. Normal games are more about testing new strategies, new building, or new characters instead of being completely tryhard about winning.

Ignignokkt

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimensionist View Post
He said something on his website that you don't agree with.

no need to bring it here.

Just make a comment on his website.
It was brought here because a large number of people listen to Elementz and they may base their view over something based on what he said

Gunslinger

02-11-2011

I really don't see how you are offended by what he said. You blatantly don't belong in the group he mentioned. You are just being a baby.

Polymath

02-11-2011

Normals are for screwing around

Don't like it? Play ranked. It's a button. You press it.

SlinkytheDrunk

02-11-2011

unrelated i guess, but i love the OP's name as an underrated support choice.

Twigod

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorLord View Post
Customs are for screwing around

Don't like it? Play Normal - piss off 4-9 people. It's a button. You press it if you're an ass.
Changed

ilovetolmao

02-11-2011

To be honest running into top players in normal games doesn't mean that much. I've run into quite a few 2k players such as Voyboy/Saintvicious and many others. I also regularly run into 1900+ people.

They all **** around in normal games so running into them doesn't mean your normal elo is super high.

PinkyThePig

02-11-2011

OP I don't know about you but I get banned from "all welcome" games for having too many wins.

renticletape

02-11-2011

+1 I Agree.
I too do not play ranked. (Specifically on my main account). I am tired and sickened by those ranked elitists who look down on normal games. Normal games are ranked as well. So what if you can't see what your elo is in normal. I know what mine is. Elo still exists in normal. Even elo hell exists in normal.

Doriantv

02-11-2011

Normal games aren't a place for tryharding, but they aren't a place for trolling either. Let me put it this way. The team comps are arranged by: 1v1 top/1v1 mid/Jungle/2v2 bot/2v2 bot

Ranked Team Comp (if you can draft it, rofl)
Anivia/Sivir/Rammus/Taric/Sion

Normal Team Comp
Swain/Ashe/Yi/Sona/Alistar

Custom Team Comp
Random ****

The point is that if you play Normal, you at least try to win by making a passable team comp. There's a difference between that and tryharding, and just because you're in Normal doesn't give you license to instalock 4 carries and screw over your team.

Basically, you shouldn't go into Normal with the mindset of "Hurp durp it's a game and I'm here to be casual and do whatever". That's like going to a Chess Club and randomly moving around pieces without any thought. Wouldn't you want to at least learn things like openings, tactics, mating patterns, etc?

Because that's what a lot of people play Normal for. To play a more diverse list of champs in a relaxed atmosphere. But they are still playing to win. "Casuals" spoil that.

IMO, in a perfect world Riot would have 3 ladders. One would be called 'Casual", where anyone plays whatever champ they want on whatever team. Want 5 casters? Go ahead. Another would be called "Normal", where people try new things but still play to win. And the last would be "Ranked", which is basically competitive play with the small list of viable champs that it has.

I feel like the lack of a 3rd ladder forces casuals into Normal, where they screw over people actually interested in practicing for Ranked in an atmosphere where they want to play to win.