Patch Preview #4: Camera on Vacation

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Impulse zabloN

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exc3ssion View Post
Except plenty of other tanks are perfectly viable. Rammus just over shadowed them all and there was no reason to not play him.
I disagree, I also do not understand why everyone thinks his taunt is so bad. It only feels bad when you're taunted. Time slows down He doesn't do nearly the damage that supposedly "nontank" Mundo does. Rammus doesn't need any nerfs, Ryze doesn't need a buff, Morde didn't need a buff, Teemo didn't need a buff, Vlad doesn't need a nerf (and I don't even play him). Seriously, Riot needs to start listening to the majority instead of the small % of high end players that are picky whiny *****es. It's getting rediculous.

CR4CkH34D

02-12-2011

Yet another Rammus nerf..

Boy of Mystery

02-12-2011

Ryze now thinking "Guess it pays off working so hard to get into the login screen "

SlappindaBass

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

Great Patch Preview. Addressed some of the problems of the game. Tanks are way overpowered and rammus in specific was the best hands down. (Except for Mord who's the best tank on TT). Ryze will be interesting. I'm looking forward =)

thejackel92

02-12-2011

The Anivia Nerf i'm sort of indifferent about, if you have to mid against her early game she can be somewhat bothersome, but later game she can be pretty easy to take care of.

The Ryze buff: this makes me a little mad, a smart ryze player will keep on the edges of the fight, and nuke the **** out of anyone he can touch. And now you're is increasing his range and decreasing his CDR!!!!! so he can stand even more out of harms way and nuke more??? it makes no sense. Riot if you want to make 'Gatling Gun Mage' then make a new champ who won't have the annoying abilities for gatling usage. At least then you might come up with something original

The CDR item nerf: seems a little unfair to....almost everyone! That change is going to hurt every aspect of team composistion....the way things are going I can see in time that people won't even think about who they take, and how that decision effects who everyone else picks. It'll just be people picking whoever, and just going at it with only themselves in mind.

The Rammus nerf: Eh, the taunt can be annoying when you get taunted and there are others attacking you as well, but other than that...he's one of the last true tanks we have, so could you not mess with him anymore?

The Vlad nerf: Raging about this, he may have been OP when he first came out...but not anymore. There have been a few people in the thread so far who have said this was a bad idea, and I just want to commend and join them. He may not seem hard to play, but he can be. And I know everyone rages about his pool (I for one love his pool) but it's such a health drainer if your using it to run away. And if he's hit by any amount of CC, he will go down. People need to stop complaing about him. He's perfectly balanced as it is. Seriously? as someone else said, I don't get the meaning of "the gold value multiplier of his passive" he gets +1 AP for every 25 bonus health, and for each 1 AP he gets 2 health...if people think thats OP then shoot me now. Vlad is my main, I love vlad, but he doesn't need to keep catching flack for being OP when he's not. He's a very balanced character, people just get mad when he pulls off a kill and then can get away...my question? WHY THE F*** DON'T YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT CHARACTERS WITH BUILT IN FLASH??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!!!!!?!?!?!? (yes...I'm mad) or characters that can stand far away and just shoot you all they want? because you know vlad has to get pretty close to even touch people. I really really REALLY hope this doesn't completely kill the usefulness of his pool, if it does, then I'm going to need to find a new favorite character.

p.s. thanks for killing characters riot.
p.s.s. where's that new map we've been asking for forever?

MistahLin

02-12-2011

summoner throw for ryze's ultimate

Bane5

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuniv View Post
I am so frustrated about the Rammus nerf, that I don't even want to play this game anymore.
Good. One less Rammus.

I don't know, sort of sounds like a miss this time...Vlad really is fine. He is a good character, but others should be focused first.

For instance champs like Xin Zhao and Panth that have the 'I'm going to kill you in two seconds, and you can't even try to escape' play style...

Blackboxx

02-12-2011

Can we at least wait to see the specifics before we cry foul?

"Taking a swipe at", does not mean "removing entirely". For all we know, it could be a completely different change. Perhaps:

-CDR is being reduced a small amount (like 5-10% per item in question)
-Survivability stats are taking the hit instead of the CDR
-Cost of items are going up to compensate for their power.
-CDR stats are being moved up the item tiers so that they are no longer on such inexpensive items available very early in a game, but the final product remains the same.
-Something else entirely, like a CDR rework (flat time reduction with a percentage cap in place for example).

I can't decide what to make of the specific champion changes since I don't play (or even own) any of them. I like the concept of having more time to react to a jungle gank from Ramus due to his decreased speed buff, but I don't know how this will affect him in the long run. He was never much of a problem for me when I'm playing on all cylinders (a simple Dark Binding usually takes care of that). I used to hate Vlad, but one day, I suddenly just seemed more ready to deal with him. He seems fine to me. If there's a glitch or something on his Sanguine Pool, then fix it, but I don't know if anything else needs to be done.

Now Anivia... I have to say I'm personally happy to see this nerf for entirely selfish reasons. I hate laning against a good cryophoenix. Once they hit level 6, they can zone me pretty dang hard. Her E is targetted, so I can't just dodge it, and her ult hits a nice AoE that makes it hard to avoid. All in all, simply standing in a position to drop a quick ult, followed by an E if I dare to approach experience range damages me enough to make it not worth the risk. The Anivias that manage to hit me with Q, then E are much more skilled, and I tip my hat to them. But again, this is just a personal issue I have with the ice chicken.

Darkxd95

02-12-2011

thing with ryse is great but you still cant stop ****ing up all good champs :@ ^^ :P

Fish Stixx

02-12-2011

While i understand that balanced game play is important, I am tired of the constant changes that happen every patch to the champs that i spend endless hours trying to master. I can understand when it happens to the new champs because they still might have some bugs to be worked out. But when it is the champs that have been in the game for over a year, then its just plain ridiculous. There is a way to counter EVERY CHAMP. Some champs might be better against some, but not so good against others. The key is to learn how to play them, not to nerf them all in to oblivion. Might as well just make one champ for everyone to use and be done with it. Then maybe people will stop crying about so and so being too OP. Anyway, I'm done. Its been real, but I its time to find a better game that doesn't have its rules changed every week.