[RP Event] 1.3 - Beyond the Great Barrier ~ A Dark History

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necromonger

02-11-2011

Scarlet picked up the pen and began writing down the ff:

"Cooking, cleaning, and upkeep... whether indoors or otherwise... hand-to-hand combat, including counter-assassination, counter-mages, and large monsters... staff management skills... public speaking, negotiations... infiltration, assassination and impersonation... I am well traveled (including the lands beyond the barrier, and sailed the two seas...) quite talented with a whip...can sing. Men have a hard time hitting me too. "
signed Scarlet.

Hopefully this would be her cover out of Kalamanda..

"Mister Greg, I do not wish to appear too pressing, but there has been word of a grisly murder in the area today... Some fiend calling himself the Scarlet Slasher..."

Uruno

02-11-2011

((Usuhara))

Taking a sip of his drink, Usuhara's ears perked up at the sudden commotion at the other end of the room. Turning his head to better hear, he listened in on the conversation.

"I will wait to hear what everyone has to offer before coming to any further conclusions. "

A work offer? Usuhara reached for his coin pouch and shook it, the distinct lack of noise worried him. I could use the coin... Yes, tis time I found work again.

The armored Yordle made his way across the room, metal boots clunking on the wooden floor. He pulled his hood back as he walked towards the group, showing his face as to not threaten anyone.

"Please write down what you have to offer on this piece of paper so I can take time to consider."

Taking his turn at the parchment, Usuhara hoped his words would be enough.

'I, the Yordle known as Usuhara, humbly request to be one of the few who shall accompany thou on this venture. Words do no justice to mine skill. Only actions show one's true strength. Shall I accompany thee, my blade shall be thine and mine body your shield. This, I promise.'

~Usuhara

Pleased but not overjoyed with his words, Usuhara stepped to the side allowing the next adventurer a turn at the parchment.

Kilraith

02-11-2011

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/346

Reiner strode easily into the tavern. Upon seeing the message at its front he had immediately become interested, and with further consultation with his empty stomach he was convinced. He needed money and this seemed like an easy enough job. As he looked around he noticed some other competitors for his job scribbling down their credentials. Not one to be so easily defeated by a piece of paper he ordered a lemonade, set it on his tab, and got to work on writing.

"Reiner Caulner,
Speciality: Shadow manipulation
Reasons to hire him: Besides dashing good looks and amazing abilities I have the ability to cook most anything that has not been dead for too long. During the day my control grows and at night my power grows, so either way its a win-win situation. Just don't catch me at twilight as thats where the best of both worlds come out.

Sincerely and Hungrily,
Reiner Caulner

Nwol

02-11-2011

Tekun entered the tavern. He heard word of something going on. Much to his surprise, he noticed quite a few familiar faces. Among those who stood out was the famous Lu Caos. That summoner had gain quite a bit of renown, shattering the stereotype that all summoners lacked an identity. Not as faceless as they seemed.

He noticed what everyone else had been doing. A resume? Interesting. Although Tekun had difficulty reading, he had been working on it. The life of a sellsword wasn’t glorious. Luckily, he always carried a prewritten one out. He approached the one known as Greg.

“You seem to be the one running the show here. Please consider me.”

In his hands, the prewritten resume. He trusted it would be sufficient for his needs.

------------------------------------------

“I am a warrior through and through and am by no means fragile. Many find the term, tank, very suitable to describing me. In addition to being a veteran of the Ionian and Noxian war, I am also a veteran of the Rune Wars. I have survived multiple campaigns, fighting tooth and nail for survival. What matters is the mission, nothing else. It shall be done to the best of ability, no exceptions. My arsenal is large, a variety of blades are always on my person as well as ranged weaponry. I am proficient with all of it, in addition to being skilled with unarmed combat. My non combat skills are few. I have practiced cooking, making due with supplies and whatever I can find. If in charge, I can guarantee there will be a meal. In addition to this, I am skilled with survival training. Hailing from the Freljord region and fighting in many environments have given me the ability to adapt well to most environments. If there are further question, please address me with concerns. ”

- Tekun Valos, The Immortal Soldier.

Edit: Bio (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/107)

Dracorya

02-11-2011

(( http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/41 ))

Had this been any other time, Juna would not have been here. But the Summoner had undergone a slight change ever since the Noxus versus Ionian rematch. She seemed more confident now and at peace with herself, as though a great weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Also the weeks she had spent back home seemed to have bestowed on her a new level of self awareness.

So here she was waiting in this dingy tavern to offer her services as a Summoner and a native mage of her people.

Discreetly dropping off a piece of paper on Gregg's table, the Summoner silently returned to her seat as quickly as she had left it.

++++++++

I am a mage specializing in the magics of the air and water. I am more focused on using these elements in their healing aspects rather then offensive, but I am capable of defending myself or others when necessary. I am skilled in the healing arts for my non-combat skills, I also know some practical skills such as tailoring and cooking. I am also a Summoner of the League though a slightly new one at that. I hope my talents will come as some use to you.

Juna Ling of Ionia.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

((http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/185))

One of what looked like regular and somewhat drunken patrons suddenly stands up and walks over in a wobbling, drunken gait. As he reaches the table with Gregg, he drops off a crumbled piece of paper, easily looking like a man who's had more than his drink too much and is trying to head off into something that would be way in over his head. When noone else is looking, however, he shoots a single gaze into Gregg's eyes, a gaze that's not filled with the hazy look of a drunkard that he had been displaying moments before, but instead with crystal clear intellect and iron will. He then turns around, hazy look back into his eyes and wobbles to the table to sit down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece of Paper
Dragor Shadowfury, professional assassin, among others.

Beyond the obvious in terms of disguises, I am an expert at moving about unseen in general, thus rendering me a good scout. I practice ancient ancestral forms of magic that allow me to shield the group partially from magic, detect magic myself, confuse and disorient foes and enhance my senses to super-human levels, in addition to a variety of combat techniques. I can also provide additional armory should some of the participants' weapons get lost or damaged.

Lastly, I have been beyond the Barrier myself.

TheMagister

02-12-2011

((Bloody hell so many people are using shadow magic these days. I DID IT FIRST! :P ))

Muttering to himself, and in a horrible mood Magister glided down the street of The Rusty Blade

"Failed deal, faulty merchandise, an incredibly stupid mugger and a rotten sheet of parchment. I can't remember the last time something I did failed so spectacularly. Last time I trust a two copper back ally mage who doesn't know an invocation from an evocation..."

Still muttering, Magister pushed open the door of the Tavern and headed to the back of the room, halfheartedly looking for his second contact. Given he had been forced to leave his first will a tad less above the shoulders he didn't really have much hope.

He glanced up upon overhearing the conversation in the corner, and saw an elderly man holding court over a surprisingly large number of applicants. Apparently he was planing a trip below the barrier and wished for some bodyguards/assistance/underlings etc.

"Down through Mogron pass" He mussed "I've been looking for an excuse to go south there for a while now..."

He pulled a bit of paper from his robe and started writing then walked over to the table, blinking in surprise as he saw a number of summoners there. Nodding politely he placed his paper on the rapidly growing pile, then moved the next table over and sat down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper
Dear sir (I don't believe I overheard your name)

I am known as The Magister and I overheard your plans for an expedition to the south, something I have wanted to do your several years now and I would very much like to accompany you. I am extremely skilled at shadow manipulation in any form (offense, stealth, etc). I also collect knowledge, some of which might be of use to you.

Hopefully this has interested you enough to consider me. If not, then I wish you luck on your journey. You will probably need it.

The Magister

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

((I am going to introduce 2 characters if it's alright with you, but I wouldn't want to have both go on the mission, even if you chose both. Not only would I be taking too many slots, I wouldn't want to have to RP 2 chars at the same time in the same situation.))

Kyrian dismounted his horse and entered an out of the way tavern. He had been exploring the area, familiarizing himself with it's inhabitants, and he has become rather thirsty. He went to the bar and asked for a drink, turning to survey the room. Suddenly, he noticed a familiar scent on the air. Something Draconic... The smell seemed to come from a man in a group in the corner of the room. Kyrian moved over, glancing at the assembled persons, and came to a stop. He read the sign that seemed to be the center of interest. This could be a good experience for me. Besides, I want to know more about who this is who bears a mark of a dragon. Noticing other writing on pieces of paper, he picked one up and took a pen someone had left on the table.

Quote:
Kyrian Rune.

I am the chosen warrior of my people. I am skilled with swords
and unarmed combat, and I have various other combat abilities
beyond that of typical warriors, which I will reveal if necessary.
He was felt a little uncomfortable, as he was not one for bragging, but he knew he was being honest.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

Cryypter entered the dingy public house, eying the patrons. He was supposed to meet with a potential member for the Research division of the Preservers, but the man did not appear to be there. Besides, based on the look of the place, his contact was probably not as qualified as he had claimed. He moved further into the building, looking around, noticing the group gathered in the corner. They were noticeably more professional than the rest of the people in the tavern. He approached close enough to read the sign. South of the barrier? I have been meaning to journey there myself. Taking paper, he wrote:

Quote:
I am Cryypter, High Councillor of the Preservers. I use druidic and Void based abilities, focusing on healing, magical disruption, and nature magic. I have traveled south of the Great Barrier in the past, and intend on doing so again. Perhaps we can be of assistance to each other.

Necromonger

02-12-2011

(A maid, a butler.... and a bunch of mages and warriors. All of whom can cook, apparently.)

Kasmiria

02-12-2011

It's been two months since he retired, and he was coming into terms with it.

A man was sitting in one of the tables. Despite his tempered appearance and unusual features, he didn't make much effort to blend into the tavern's shabby atmosphere. People gathered around here more than usual crowd for a high paying job. Odd. A rare case that he found himself distracted enough to miss this detail...Over what? The memories of his past lies south of here. Should he brave himself to go alone?

Despite his thoughts making a personal battle inside his head, he heard the details of the previous conversation to make a idea of what the man requested. He took a weathered piece of parchment that shone with a red and black enigmas on the tip. It was also called "Dead Man's" paper since it's history of displaying the name of 'soon-to-be-departed' was passed to the executioner or assassin. .

It was the only viable stationery he had in his possession. a remnants of his past life. He reached into the large bag underneath the table, taking out a object that was closed enough to be a pen.

With it, He wrote:

Quote:
Verstil. I'm usually known as an assassin and commander, but there are more talents than my usual credentials. I had a past south of the barrier and was visiting there to confront them.. Pay is not issue to me; I'll simply join for personal interest and will take whatever you wish to pay me.

I'm an expert in combat, resilient fighter and can take punishment from all kinds of hostiles. I'll protect you with my great strength and stamina. My sense of smell and hearing are above human and beast...I do have knowledge and skill with survival and culinary with dire locations south of there. Other talents I will reveal on request.

I figured this is best since I was going that way. If not considered, may spirits guide you on your journey. You will need their protection.

~Verstil Randor Shade
He sighed. This was the most he had found himself writing for a few minutes. He rose from his seat, moving ahead as a person left their papers on Gregg's table. He set his quick makeshift resume' face down, glaring at Gregg stoically as he returned to his table.

((http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/48))