Q- Current runes for ashe/trist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

02-11-2011

Throwing this out there for people paying attention at home, to the debate:
CDR/Level is flat out better at level 14.
Mana5/level "kicks in" at level 4.

The total difference at level 18 with CDR/level is 2% CDR.

How much do you think 2% CDR is worth late game over 6% early game? Especially once Trist becomes the god of burst during the midgame and Ashe becomes the god of cross map stuns?

Also, how much does the guy I'm arguing with understand the concept of burst over harassment?

theanswer23

02-11-2011

Ashe's burst requires cdr? Arrow volley auto attack crit is a burst, and it doesn't require cdr. Tristana burst requires cdr? Jump explosive buster is a burst, the burst doesn't require cdr. However, the harassment of using these skills and skills over again requires cdr.

I guess what you intended to say is that, the frequency of using these bursts (thus making it more like harrassment) is more important mid game. However, like i said before, they wouldn't need it still until late game.

Carados

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanswer23 View Post
Ashe's burst requires cdr?
Not reading your post if you aren't reading mine.

letterss

02-11-2011

You most likely wouldn't be using arrow off of cd anyways.

Oh and ashe doesn't become god of cross map stun due to lower cdr, it's due to ashe actually hitting people. And lets be honest, you wouldn't be using arrow off of cd (most likely anyways) so that whole argument you presented is kind of a moo point. so even if the above didn't read your post, the conclusion would've remained the same.

Carados

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by letterss View Post
And lets be honest, you wouldn't be using arrow off of cd (most likely anyways)
It's not the fact you won't be using it every CD, it's the fact the threat is there more often. And if the opportunity worked, why not use it?

letterss

02-11-2011

Threat there more often? threat based on the fearfulness shown by your opponent (how?) or threat based on your own satisfaction of having arrow on your disposal? Either way, threat is a threat, having it as a threat does not justify cdr, using it off of cd does. Sure if the opportunity presented itself use it, but the likelihood of the golden opportunity showing itself right off of cd is unlikely.

However, it's much more justifiable to get cdr for spamming volley late game ( and i stress late game), and thus cdr/lvl would be better. (even if you have to wait for lv 14)

If you want to have a better early game, get mp5/lvl or MR, not CDR.

sleepnaught

02-11-2011

On Ashe I use 2 hp quints 1 armor pen, armor pen reds, mana regen yellow/blue.

On Trist I use 3 Armor pent quints, crit yellows, and atk speed blues. I find i need the mana regen on trist. If I do I just buy mana pots.