Q- Current runes for ashe/trist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vimous

02-11-2011

Konfewshun,

I just finished posting on the ashe thread, 9-0-21 vs 21-0-9. I don't use the 9-0-21 often, personally think it takes away from ashes early game. With those mana regen glyphs you will rarely have mana issues if you use spells properly. Lvls 1-6 only use volley if you are pretty sure you can land a hit on the enemy. Ashe doesn't want to push her lane. She wants to harass and farm while being safe near tower. Mid to late game you can spam volley reasonably well. With a blue buff your a monster. If you get banshee later on, endless mana. You want the 21-0-9 to get last hits in and harass well early. People will tell you ashe needs to farm early. Very true, but you also want to be an asset to your team. Dealing dmg is your asset. Mp5 per/lvl allows you to be a support/ dps.

Vimous

02-11-2011

Go 21-0-9. The mp5 will give you the mana you need.

Vimous

02-11-2011

Also, volley is already on such a short cd. Getting cdr runes will only save you fractions of a second on volley. The mp5 runes will serve you way better.

huhwhat

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonFewShuN View Post
Alright cool guys thanks for the input for ashe, what about tristana? same rune build?
Also, having the mana regen per lvl seals/glyphs, does this mean you can go 21-0-9 without worrying about lack of mana regen? or is it normally better to go 9-0-21
For Trist, I feel armor penetration marks & quints are essential. I think seals and glyphs are more debatable. I prefer to put in mana regen either in glyphs or seals, and I've personally started to run with hp/level seals, and mana regen glyphs...but I think a previous suggestion of mana regen seals and magic resist glyphs is a solid choice (often facing a vlad or other mage in mid, that could help a great deal)...HP quints are nice, but personally I go for the strength of armor penetration.

As far as masteries go, I prefer 21/0/9.

Carados

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by condiment chan View Post
True, but ashe and tristana doesn't need cdr early game, they need it late game
You do realize we're talking about Tristiana and Ashe, correct?

And more to the point, why bother buying a bad rune when the good rune works better and, in addition, works on everyone else?

Surrealist

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post

And more to the point, why bother buying a bad rune when the good rune works better and, in addition, works on everyone else?

1) Ya, and ashe and tristana doesn't need cdr early game.

2) I didn't realize this thread is called "Current runes for everyone else."

Surrealist

02-11-2011

Quote:

1) Ya, and ashe and tristana doesn't need cdr early game, they can utilize the cdr/lvl better than flat cdr

2) Because this thread is for ashe and tristana, not general runes.

Carados

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanswer823 View Post
1) Ya, and ashe and tristana doesn't need cdr early game.

2) Because this thread is for ashe and tristana, not general runes.
1) Tristana is basically the most aggressive Ranged AD carry for using her skills for damage and actually killing people if played correctly. More CDR is very good. More CDR on Ashe's W, her only means of harass in most lanes, and her arrow, giving her more map presence, making her less of "weakest ranged carry in a lane."

2) Let's put it this way: It's still the better choice.

Surrealist

02-11-2011

Quote:
1) Tristana is basically the most agressive AD carry for using her skills for damage and actually killing people if played correctly. More CDR is very good. More CDR on Ashe's W, her only means of harass in most lanes, and her arrow, giving her more map presence, making her less of "weakest ranged carry in a lane."

1) W is ashes only means of harassment in most lanes? She has this great way (so does everyone else including tristana) called auto attack. Ashe's W ability to harass is depended on her mana, not cdr. Early cdr does nothing but eat more of her mana, however, this changes late game, where the mp5/lvl kicks in and cdr/lvl also kicks in.

Samething for tristana. Yes, tristana has great way to harass, however, her ability to use skills to harass is limited by her mana, not cdr. Getting early cdr does not benefit her more than cdr/lvl

Again, i am saying this specifically for ashe and tristana.

2) Not for Ashe and tristana.

letterss

02-11-2011

Quote:
1) Tristana is basically the most aggressive Ranged AD carry for using her skills for damage and actually killing people if played correctly. More CDR is very good. More CDR on Ashe's W, her only means of harass in most lanes, and her arrow, giving her more map presence, making her less of "weakest ranged carry in a lane."

Have you ever played these two characters before? you do realize if you spam volley or explosive shot early game everytime it's off of cd early game will just run you out of mana right? So there is no point of getting CDR for Ashe and Tristana. It makes much more sense to get CDR per level runes.

If anything, you should get mp5/lvl runes for glyphs.

mp5/lvl > cdr/lvl > cdr for ashe and tristana.