Experienced Morgana Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

natalie dormer

02-11-2011

So, I used to main Morgana a while back when I first started LoL.

Recently, I've tried to get into her again. Morgana, being more support than nuke-caster, is a bit different than my other mains (Anivia, Cassiopeia, Malzahar, Vlad, Swain)

Anyways, I've been doing pretty bad with her lately. I've been told that I'm good with her, but lately i've felt pretty bad about my playing. So any experienced Morgana players want to give me some tips? She's a great champion, and I really like everything about her so I really would like to give her a shot again.

thanks,

Corsican Giant

02-11-2011

The main problem I ever seem to have is that she's so slow. Even with boots, if I get caught out of position with her such as when I'm moving through the forest to come to an allies aid and run right into someone that's super fast, then oftentimes even with a shield and a well placed snare it's tough to get away.

I've found that more careful routes through the forest and only moving through the river when all enemies are accounted for or properly warded save me from the embarrassment of being caught alone. It may take me longer to get into the team fights but at least when I do then I can fully join the fight, whereas when I get jumped in the forest then my team is forced to fight without me, or worse break off their fight to try to save me which often doesn't get there in time.

Also, I've found one of my earlier mistakes was the fact that I would jump into fights shortly after they're initiated and wind up blowing my spells and my ult too early, hurting the enemy yes but they just fall further back and ruin my allies chances to finish them off. I'm finding I have much better success holding onto my spells and wait for strategic moments to use them. If our team is falling back and I see someone trying to come up behind us, a snare and even a shield are vital to not be in cooldown. If I'm hiding behind the trees while both teams are jostling for position and I see one character trying to act as bait with low health, then snare, soil and maybe even jump in with my ult to ensure they pay for it. Most importantly for me though is that I try to hold onto my ult until I can guarantee a kill with it. There are times I simply want to use it to force the enemy to break off, but usually I let my team fight there's, whittling each other down while looking for opportune moments to drop my spells. Once a few players on the opposing team have their health drop low enough, flash into the fray with your ult, get a couple of kills and watch the enemy turn tail and run. Follow that with a well placed snare and it'll quickly turn into a complete rout.

The point I think I'm trying to make is caution and prudence. Realize your own vulnerability and don't put yourself in positions that the enemy can benefit from, and don't waste your time throwing your spells into team fights just to do damage. Wait for smart strategic opportunities to change the entire battle and never let one of those opportunities go to waste just because your snare or shield is on cooldown.

Vimous

02-11-2011

One thing I like to do is... if there is a team fight. Go in and ult... usually the enemy will focus you or split. either way its the perfect time to pick your target and snare. Next thing you know, the whole team is on them.

Corsican Giant

02-11-2011

Yea, that's probably the worst thing you can do though. You scare the enemy back closer to their tower and making it almost impossible for anyone to get a kill which means it ends at a stalemate. It gets even worse if one of your allies sees an enemy that looks weak enough to kill and decides to jump into the fray only to find out he's now in trouble.

No, the job is to get to their nexus which is easiest to do when your enemies are dead so your entire goal is to force team fights to become routes with at least 2 or 3 of them dead. That requires you to pull the fight as far from the tower as possible and wait for the enemy to overextend themselves and only use your ult when you KNOW you are going to kill them. Making them run away is just not good enough to win the game.

Vimous

02-11-2011

You make a very valid point. Disregard my comment.

Diamonddj

02-12-2011

what i can offer-
summoners-ignite ghost
core build- lucid boots, rod of ages, hourglass

Laning- remember its almost impossible to land a Q against an enemy that knows its coming. bait them with shield into moving predictably in order to land bind>pool>ignite>ult>bind
Dont insist on going mid if others are capable. Morg is superb both top solo and mid, but with my experence she is extremely deadly sideline, setting up kills and getting your partner nice and fat. imagine landing a bind to have a eve or kogmaw with u to finish them off.

Mid game / group fights- as soon as you have your rod and hourglass you can take on a more audacious nature. when you see an opportunity to hit multiple targets with your ult, engage and draw agro-use black shield and hourglass to ensure you land the stun. pick the weakest victim and ignite >bind>pool. by then you will have drawn alot of focus so prepare to run with shield +ghost

Late game - if you've made it to late game simply build yourself tank. Unless you are MVP and the enemy is not dealing with you at all, you will be a much larger benefit your team to land a reliable stun and support. with items like randuins, FoN, GA etc you can confidently charge the enemy and win battles

hope that may help