Name an issue you have with this game that you've never heard brought up

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FogRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2011

^ Title. One thing I think this community is weak in is independent thinking. Back in the DotA forums, there was a lot of herd mentality as well, but there were always a few oddballs proposing/testing/arguing counter-mainstream ideas about balance, builds, etc. And sometimes they were right, even FANTASTICALLY right (If anyone remembers all the "CM is UP threads, you'll know this.) I guess I'm asking if some of those oddballs could surface here. I guess the downvote system tends to shut them down...Or maybe I should just spend less time in GD (but it's the only place the reds live?)

ANYWAY...One issue that I have with this game that I NEVER see brought up is that I despise bushes. Bushes should be trees/juke paths. Bushes are just such a crutch in comparison - bush camping isn't overpowered, but it sucks a ton of the fun and strategy out of things. Trying to ambush someone? Bushes are there so you don't even have to think about it - you can hide right in the open. Bushes tend to favor the defender much more than a true juke path -especially given the more central placement. Channeling abuse isn't something I particularly remember as fun or awesome either - even when I'm on the giving end. And this isn't to mention a few of the buggier things that can (still?) happen with bushes. The DotA juke paths were much more even-handed between aggressor and defender - the bot lane tower bypass, for example, allowed a lot of fun tricks. I wonder how Magma Chamber will be in regards to this?

Anyway, post your own, or just skim it and downvote me because of some misguided conception that all critics must be downvoted. Gogogo!

Sybil Cut

02-11-2011

I don't have anything to say, but I upvoted you to make it even cause I felt like the person who downvoted was being unfair.

FogRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael Liir View Post
I don't have anything to say, but I upvoted you to make it even cause I felt like the person who downvoted was being unfair.
Thanks!
(This is secretly a bump! Shhh, don't tell!)

Neapolitan

02-12-2011

Juke paths were a very high burden of knowledge - you had to study and memorize where they all were, and they weren't obvious on the map.

I look at a bush and I know what it does. On DotA, I stare at a tree and wonder if it's a tree or a tree. I like bushes better. The extra options for juke paths, IMO, aren't worth the downsides in design of wondering where the hell they are because they can't be displayed well on a map.

Red Fox Dead Fox

02-12-2011

Vampiric Scepter paths into building a Sheen.

Darkhydrox

02-12-2011

my only issue is that by turning sounds on I go from 80 fps to 40

what?

Ep1cLeprechaun

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Juke paths were a very high burden of knowledge - you had to study and memorize where they all were, and they weren't obvious on the map.

I look at a bush and I know what it does. On DotA, I stare at a tree and wonder if it's a tree or a tree. I like bushes better. The extra options for juke paths, IMO, aren't worth the downsides in design of wondering where the hell they are because they can't be displayed well on a map.

Alakalzam

02-12-2011

Cho'Gath's scream can't be used unless the path is completely clear.

Ashe's arrow can go through walls and forests. Blitzcrank can grab people through walls and forests. Trynd can spin through walls and forests.

But oh no, Cho Gath's sound waves can't move through a god **** forest.

Mango Fandango

Master Recruiter

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakalzam View Post
Cho'Gath's scream can't be used unless the path is completely clear.

Ashe's arrow can go through walls and forests. Blitzcrank can grab people through walls and forests. Trynd can spin through walls and forests.

But oh no, Cho Gath's sound waves can't move through a god **** forest.
Or a destroyed turret. This is actually a really good point, lol. Shame it'll likely be lost in the forums.

Waynolt

02-12-2011

It bothers me that the reds are apparently pushing the game towards something, via constant nerfs, instead of letting it evolve by itself.

Also I'm not saying all nerfs are bad, if something is broken then please fix it, but all I'm seeing is just blanket nerfs everywhere. Maybe if they told us what they wanted the game to be like I'd understamd the nerfs better, but lately it seems they don't even have a set goal in mind and are just blindly nerfing/changing everything for the sake of it.

This post turned out longer than expected.