Rune Database Spreadsheet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GuyGin

Senior Member

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister View Post
Can you put the equivalent in gold of each rune? I.e. how much gold it would take to buy the stats this rune gives. I heard someone had this info somewhere.
I did the calculations, and I'm not 100% sure how useful this information is. You have to keep in mind too theres Value@1 and Value@18. So you have to weigh, would you rather start with stats worth say, 400g @lvl 1 or would you rather end with stats worth 1000g@lvl 18.

also keep in mind some of them see artificially inflated (EX: MP/5) and some are artifically deflated in value (CDR, Mpen and Arpen, but mostly CDR).

Finally you have to weigh how easy it is to get the stat you want. Arpen and Mpen are kind of rare, whereas Damage is on an absolute ton of items. Health is always useful regardless of character, etc.

So i'm posting it here again and I hope that Ender doesn't mind me doing this because this takes it a little further than what he's done and it can get to the point where it's confusing now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderA

Senior Member

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyGin View Post
I did the calculations, and I'm not 100% sure how useful this information is. You have to keep in mind too theres Value@1 and Value@18. So you have to weigh, would you rather start with stats worth say, 400g @lvl 1 or would you rather end with stats worth 1000g@lvl 18.

also keep in mind some of them see artificially inflated (EX: MP/5) and some are artifically deflated in value (CDR, Mpen and Arpen, but mostly CDR).

Finally you have to weigh how easy it is to get the stat you want. Arpen and Mpen are kind of rare, whereas Damage is on an absolute ton of items. Health is always useful regardless of character, etc.

So i'm posting it here again and I hope that Ender doesn't mind me doing this because this takes it a little further than what he's done and it can get to the point where it's confusing now.
I certainly don't mind you doing that.

I've made an updated spreadsheet that displays the ratio of effectiveness between primary and quintessence runes. It also displays approximate gold-value (averaged from the available items, such as Long Sword, Pickaxe and B.F. Sword) for the straightforward stats - damage, attack speed, critical chance, HP, Mana, HP regen, Mana regen, ability power, armor and magic resistance. I'll upload it later tonight when I get back home. I actually made it a while back, just didn't upload it because I got quite busy. I managed to fit the information into the page-grid so that each chart remains on a single page, while still fitting everything into one sheet.

As for the other values, I personally don't think you can ascribe a gold-value to them. For example, take a look at the math behind the gold/10 items. Some of them have a *negative* cost when subtracting their stats (look at Philosopher's Stone,) which clearly doesn't make any sense. I'm thinking I'll just leave them blank, and up to others to interpret. Theoretically, there might be a convoluted statistical method for calculating their value, but it's too relative to make practical sense.

For example, you would have to calculate:
-The value of having specialized stats versus diverse variety of stats
-The value of having a variety of parts that can be broken down and bought piecemeal (like Trinity Force)
-The value of being cheap versus expensive, including the value of certain stats at different points in the game (regeneration is most effective early and least effective late)
-The value of being able to upgrade the item
-The value of having other options for the same stat
And then finally,
-Each of these stats' values would affect the value of the others - such as Dodge and Move Speed (Phantom Dancer,) Cooldown Reduction and Armor Penetration (The Brutalizer,) and Cooldown Reduction and Magic Penetration (Haunting Guise)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderA

Senior Member

03-24-2010

Okay, I've updated it now. Changes:

-Added equivalency between primary and quintessences
-Added approximate gold value for normal stats
-Fixed an error from the book's full IP cost for Quintessence-only runes
-Added some notes for clarification
-Shifted the tables around to fit in the new stats


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thenadathor

Member

03-24-2010

EnderA, ive been looking around, and where is your source for claiming that there is a dodge cap at 10% for runes? I believe you, but Ive posted it in help/support, and they told me there is no dodge cap. Also, if there is a 10% dodge cap for runes, does that ignore dodge gained from masteries, or is the cap at masteries/runes COMBINED 10%?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderA

Senior Member

03-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenadathor View Post
EnderA, ive been looking around, and where is your source for claiming that there is a dodge cap at 10% for runes? I believe you, but Ive posted it in help/support, and they told me there is no dodge cap. Also, if there is a 10% dodge cap for runes, does that ignore dodge gained from masteries, or is the cap at masteries/runes COMBINED 10%?
Hmm... good question. I drew that from buying a full set and it only displaying 10% on the list of bonuses it displayed. After that, I combined my third dodge quint away, so I haven't tested recently. I'll buy it again and check. It's possible they changed it since then, and I didn't notice it, or that it was a display bug, or that I made a mistake somehow.

The dodge cap is purely for runes, if I am correct. There's no other cap, all bonuses just stack multiplicatively (meaning 10% dodge + 10% dodge = (0.1 + 0.1 - (0.1 * 0.1)) = 19% dodge)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderA

Senior Member

03-24-2010

CORRECTION: There is no cap to Dodge from runes. (This may have been fixed a while ago, or I may have mis-seen something.) I will update the spreadsheet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GuyGin

Senior Member

03-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderA View Post
CORRECTION: There is no cap to Dodge from runes. (This may have been fixed a while ago, or I may have mis-seen something.) I will update the spreadsheet.
howd you figure that out?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KirbyHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-24-2010

Sticky this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderA

Senior Member

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyGin View Post
howd you figure that out?
From buying the third Quint. I had combined it away several months ago, so I bought it again, and voila! It now displays 11% dodge (which is 11.25% rounded to two significant digits.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderA

Senior Member

03-26-2010

Updated versions are now attached.