Rune Database Spreadsheet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderA

03-03-2010

Bump!

EnderA

03-05-2010

Bump.

RAPTOR JESUS

03-05-2010

Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but what is the general thought on per level runes?

I'm looking through the spreadsheet at the crossover lvl columns and one thing I would take into consideration would probably be that not every game is going to last long after level 18.

If I (arbitrarily) decide that I spend the majority of my time in game between levels 1-16, could I then assume that if a rune has a crossover lvl less than or equal to 8, it would then be superior to the flat gain counterpart?

EnderA

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by preach irl View Post
Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but what is the general thought on per level runes?

I'm looking through the spreadsheet at the crossover lvl columns and one thing I would take into consideration would probably be that not every game is going to last long after level 18.

If I (arbitrarily) decide that I spend the majority of my time in game between levels 1-16, could I then assume that if a rune has a crossover lvl less than or equal to 8, it would then be superior to the flat gain counterpart?
It somewhat depends on the rune you're considering. Remember that different stages of the game hold more weight than others, and different attributes are more effective at different times. For example, health and mana regeneration is more important early on, when you're in-lane facing off against harassment. Late-game battles are decided in just a few seconds, not over the period of minutes of harassment, so regeneration is fairly unimportant later on. Also, remember that doing well early makes the rest of the game go better, so a bonus in the beginning is more important than a bonus later on.

Other things influence it, too, like how the math works out. For CD runes, the numbers for Glyph Flat CD reduction work out really nicely when you're getting masteries and items, whereas the CD/lvl runes take a very long time to catch up and don't work out as well mathematically. (The cap on CD reduction is 40%, flat CD gets you about 6% with just glyphs, masteries get you 9%, and an item (or two) gets you 25% for a total of 40%.)

Different rune types can have different crossover levels (like Flat HP vs HP/Lvl, where in Seals it's level 5, and for Quints it's level 12.) In my opinion, the Flat HP Quints are the best, and the HP per/lvl Quints don't even compare.

My favorite runes are:

Marks: Armor Pen/Magic Pen (they really stand out from the rest, although attack speed isn't bad if you have on-hit abilities, and crit chance isn't bad if you're going Tryndamere)
Seals: Flat HP/Dodge (the others are good, too, though)
Glyphs: Flat CD (I like it more than the others)
Quints: Flat HP (and 2 Dodge's to switch out if I want dodge, remember Dodge caps at 10% from runes, possibly others)

RAPTOR JESUS

03-05-2010

The HP seals have me torn for some reason. With a crossover level of 5, doesn't this mean (more or less) that the runes are equal in effectiveness at level 5, and that over level 5 the hp/lvl would be better?

EnderA

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by preach irl View Post
The HP seals have me torn for some reason. With a crossover level of 5, doesn't this mean (more or less) that the runes are equal in effectiveness at level 5, and that over level the hp/lvl would be better?
Yup, and that's why I think the choice of flat HP is very debatable. I really like having that starting bonus because early on you're very vulnerable to ganks and every bit of HP helps.

In my opinion, the Seals (the primary ones) are the closest in their effectiveness. I think they're all about the same, it just depends on what you're doing. If you love mana all the time, mana/5/lvl is very good. If you're playing Jax, Dodge seals are a must. If you're afraid of early ganks, or want to have that slight extra bit of HP for an early kill, Flat HP is great. If you just like general survivability the whole game, HP/lvl is good. If you're concerned about harassment early, HP/5 is good. If you're concerned about harassment the whole game, HP/5/lvl is good. If you like having physical defense, armor or armor/lvl isn't bad (considering most damage dealt is physical damage) although dodge is similar in function. (I'd probably get Dodge over either of the armor ones, unless you play Malphite or Rammus or get Thornmail a lot.)

Longis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2010

Highly recommended. This guide finally punches numbers I've been looking for. However I suggest adding a date in filenames so we know exactly how recent each is. Thank you for your support, EnderA

EnderA

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longis View Post
Highly recommended. This guide finally punches numbers I've been looking for. However I suggest adding a date in filenames so we know exactly how recent each is. Thank you for your support, EnderA
I'm quite glad it's useful for you.

I'll heed that advice from here on out. (I'll change the names either when I get around to it or when I post a new revision after a patch.)

EnderA

03-17-2010

Bump.

Phi Trigger

03-17-2010

I think attack damage is much better than armor penetration for marks, and attack damage/ ability power and movement speed are generally superior to hp for quints.

Attack damage means more money in most instances. If you have very high attack damage already for whatever reason, then yes penetration would be next in line.

HP quints are actually not that valuable early game. Most of the early game is spent trading hits 1 for 1 or 2 for 2, and some spells thrown in, so generally speaking your maximum hp has much less relevance when compared to regeneration or how many hp pots you purchased. In order for a player to force the use of his max HP quint advantage he would need to be aggressive to the point that he would probably lose the advatnage from additional minions attacking him. As such, I prefer the +6.75 damage, 14.85 ap, or the 4.5% (+13.5 ) movement speed, depending on the champion.