Mastery Trees

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jigsaw93

01-23-2010

I just have a question... Is the mastery trees like WoW and some other games where its good to only go into one tree spec or is this game a one where you want to go into all of them or something?
Thanks

TaurenEaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-23-2010

I can't imagine why any character would want to fully devote themselves to one tree. It's better to be diverse and pick an element you want to boost for your champion.

mOeeOm

01-23-2010

You want to get the 21 point talent, then 9 points in another tree.

example for caster heroes you want to go 9/0/21

Beigesian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOeeOm View Post
You want to get the 21 point talent, then 9 points in another tree.

example for caster heroes you want to go 9/0/21
^This. Better to be the master of one than jack of all trades in these types of games. I remember playing Diablo 2 for the first time as Barbarian and invested in all my trees and having a hard time throughout the game.

I know better now. =]

smokeD

01-23-2010

You want to just do only things useful to your character, you usually will be like 21/0/9 or 0/22/8 all depends. With my Blitz crank im 10/11/9. So whatver works.

wildfire393

01-23-2010

In general, you benefit greatly from having the 21-point talents, as they are some of the most powerful in the game. After that, there are a couple of 9-point talents that provide powerful and unique effects (Mobility providing a hefty move-speed increase when you dodge, Archaic Knowledge providing 15% spell penetration). If your secondary points are in utility, it is acceptable to go 21/1/8 or 1/21/8, as ~1.5 mp/5, 15% extended monster buffs, or 1 gold/10 are not as worthwhile as picking up the mastery for your Summoner spell (if it's Smite, Exhaust, or Heal).