********** Melee Kassadin Build ***********

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2011

-1 for glymphs

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2011

its not my fault he said glymphs

SedulousTurtle

02-23-2011

Hey Jedi, thanks for the interesting post.

I've tried about 80 games with physical/hybrid kass and the one you post is close to optimal IMO. He's interesting but also very hard to play IMO -- I don't quite have the reactions for it.

You might try getting a little MR for strong anti-mage work. It'll let you get the most benefit out of his passive, and makes up for his squishiness if you can avoid the phys dmg dealers.

I'm currently working on a transition build; I go
21 in offense tree
ignite
clarity (lots of regen early, +700 flat mana bar late game for RW chases)
armor pen in marks
Items:
dshield
sheen
(boots somewhere of course)
*at this point, you're a hybrid/chaser/ganker, and you've then got some of the most synergistic perks in the game for his already strong attack/spells, *

But, then you go all out tank items, and maybe TF if you get into the really late game and they're not targeting you any more.
By going tanky, you get to wade into battle and use your 5 abilities to the fullest, and chase down anyone who tries to get away/kite the battle edge on low HP.

Its rediculously hard to play, but fun when you get tons of AS and mana leach and they don't know that they should stop focusing you.

Let me know if you try it and you get some good mileage.

Anyways, I do think that autoattack kass is going to get a huge effective buff if they ever come out with RuneGorger. Just think of how your autoattack will scale into this bursty fireball of netherblade ninjaness if you get a few spells used on you.

ZXPrototype

02-23-2011

I'd recommend getting Wit's end for true anti mage pub stomping.

People have 0 clue of what his passive does. 15% reduced magic damage AND increases attack speed off of enemy spells.
Wits end is the perfect mid game item for AD kass since it proves his armor penetration some AS and Utility, also making mages w/o blue having a harder life (wasn't tough enough as is).

GankasaurusRex

02-23-2011

Thanks for posting this guide, I'll have to try it sometime just for fun, though I don't think it will be good as AP.

And Carados is just a troll that thinks anyone who plays a champ outside of his predetermined build is a noob.

jCkD4Ni3L

02-23-2011

I play AD Kassadin, and have been flamed at so many times. I've also discovered /mute pretty quickly this way. What a fine tool to quelsh those unwitting ragers.

To the point, AD Kassadin is very viable and fun to play. And personaly i find that playing champions as recommanded just get's boring on the long run. I have more fun playing champions in unusual ways rather than obvious ways. It also surprises most opponent too. How many times have I suprised suprised a Cho'Gath with a Madred or a Vlad with a WIt's end... Those are the greatest fun I've had...

After all, this is a GAME... and having fun should be your primary concern.

Cheers

Kairno

02-24-2011

first of all , i'm used to playing hybrid kass, and i love it
on to your guide :
i find the need to get some more survivability on him. ad doesn't have the burst to shut down his target fast so he needs something to survive the fight and the hp from doran and trinity isn't enough (for me at least)
also, thank you for not bringing up manamune, i find that item not worth the money on kass

JedimasterDarren

02-24-2011

OMG - Free Kassadin week is really going to bring out the Kassadin players......

A quick update on a few things:

1) I played a few games with a 9/21/0 build and it was fine, but I really think 21/9/0 is better for melee Kassadin. Kassadin relies more on positioning and does not need the 48 HP plus 4% defense as much since Doran's shield and strength of spirit provided early game strength.

2) I played a few games starting off with Doran's shield and then getting Nashor's tooth for the Cooldown. It worked very well going more hybrid with emphasis on cooldown. Some of you may want to try this one:

21/8/1 Teleport/Ignite
Armor Pentration Marks
Dodge Seals or HP/lvl
Cooldown Glyphs
Armor Pen Quints (or cooldown if you want to be at 39% cooldown)

Doran Shield (475 g)
Stinger (1140g)
boots
Finish Nashor's Tooth (primarly for the cooldown, nice AP and AS too.)
Upgrade boots (primarily ninja or treads)
Sheen ---> Trinity (or manamume if you want to nice AD boost and build huge mana pool for stacked riftwalks. Unless you want to stack riftwalks, I do not recomend manamume. You can manage mana fine without it)

That is your core build. That is really all the damage/spells that you need to be effective. Then I suggest going a nice defensive item based upon their team make up such as Banshee's Veil or Thornmail. Hell, I put Banshee's AND Thornmail on him. A key to playing melee Kassadin is to build to counter the enemy team. Who are there major threats? Build to take them out like the assassin that you were born to be.

I highly suggest not going tear drop early if you want manamume. It just puts you too far behind and you do not need the mana early. Try it, and you will be very weak in the lane. Catalyst first is also a weak start for melee kassadin. It works for AP kassadin. That catalyst should go to a Banshee and not a Rod of Ages on melee Kassadin.

Your armor pentration is 50 (netherblade), 6 (masteries) plus 25 (runes) for 76. You are near max cooldowns for all your utilty and riftwalking for positioning. With good selection of defensive item (s), you should have some decent survivibility, especially with riftwalk on a 2.5 sec cooldown when level 16. Your ability to harass with early Nashor's (cooldown)goes up meaningfully and your are a real threat to gank with Nashor's AS plus low cooldown spells and 55 AP boost. Force pulse early on is just a slow for you whereas AP Kassadin uses it for area of effect damage.

Happy Hunting

JedimasterDarren

02-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairno View Post
first of all , i'm used to playing hybrid kass, and i love it
on to your guide :
i find the need to get some more survivability on him. ad doesn't have the burst to shut down his target fast so he needs something to survive the fight and the hp from doran and trinity isn't enough (for me at least)
also, thank you for not bringing up manamune, i find that item not worth the money on kass
Kairno - What is your hybrid build? And Yes, surviviabily items are very important after you get some core offense built. Are you primarily using Banshee and Thornmail, or do you use Frozen Heart, Warmog's, Atma's, Guardian Angel, etc. What are the pros and cons for hybrid Kass?

How do you like Nashor's, rageblade and gunblade on hybrid Kass? I assume you think Trinity rocks.

Beelzebubxv

02-24-2011

I'm actually overjoyed at this guide.

I've been playing Kassadin for a while and have seen a few AD Kassadin games where the player has been extremely successful, unfortunately I have seen forum threads where the mere mention of the idea is shot down without question.

I'm excited and going to try this build out in my first game, thank you in advance!

EDIT: nevermind, AD Kassadin is stupid, no one is going to sit still and let you hit them