********** Melee Kassadin Build ***********

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JedimasterDarren

02-10-2011

AP Kassadin is better than AD under most circumstances. AD has some good match ups, in particular as an anit-mage or anit-carry. He is also a reasonably good pusher and and back door champ with teleport.

If you are new to Kassadin, I highly recommend building him AP and using a guide such as http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ft-ninja-11469

There has been several threads regarding melee Kassadin and limited information on how to build melee Kassasdin, so this thread is meant to open up that discussion.

Here are some important things to understand before I share a melee build:

1) AP Kassadin is universally considered the best way to play Kassadin. His AP ratios are very good and he bursts very well with a great escape move in riftwalk.

2) Players will flame you for attempting to play melee Kassadin.

3) There is limited information on the internet about melee Kassadin and forum posts often turn into people saying how AP Kassadin is better with no real experience of how to play Kassadin as melee. So if you are interested in trying out Kassadin as melee, I highly suggest learning how to play him AP first and sifting through the negative commentary about melee Kassadin compared to AP Kassadin. I don't think many players have more than 10 games experience playing him as melee and I doubt you will see a melee Kassadin in ranked games. He is fun to play in unranked.

THE BUILD:

21/8/1 Teleport/Exhaust Ignite good too. Take the critical stuff, it is useful for your armor pentration (50 Armor Pentration for Nether Blade) and all the sheen/trinity bonuses. Take Strenght of spirit in defense.

Atttack Speed Quint and Marks (you can go crits if you have them), HP/lvl Seals and Magic Resist/lvl Glymphs

Max Null Sphere 1st, then Netherblade. Get one point in Force Pulse at 4th or 8th spot. Riftwalk of course at 6, 11, 16. You will be attacking so much, you won't need mana regen runes or items. Kass has a natural mana pool of 1000ish and you will have mana from Trinity. It is a big advanatage with melee kass that you don't buy mana items or mana regen. You get 22 mana per attack with level 5 netherblade.

Doran's Shield
Wriggle's lantern
Boots of choice (zerkers, treads, ninja best)
Trinity
Ghostblade
Improvise based on game play (banshee's, thornmail, phantom dancer, black cleaver, IE, etc.)

You will regen HP well early game with Doran and strength of spirit. When you get wriggles, you will farm really well and can jungle easy if you want. I also like the fact I can easily solo dragon at level 6-7. The life steal is super nice, especially when you hit 500 bonus (20% chance) on minions. It keeps you in lane longer and you can jungle a bit to gain HP to rejoin team fights without blue pilling.

Use your null sphere (silence), force pulse (slow) and riftwalk (blink) for ulity and posiitioning. Swoop in and unload with critical, sheen/trinity and either continue to beat on them with your armor penetration or blink out. You will own mages and squishes harcore. Use force pulse if they run for the slow. blink again for quick hit and sheen/trinity bonus.

Kassadin, especially with a melee build, is one of the best hunters in the game as he is very good at tracking champs trying to escape a battle.

Netherblade (50), Ghostblade (20) masteries (6) is 76 armor penetration which is the sweet spot for anyone not picking up armor bonuses. Ghostblade active gives you 50 AS plus 20 movement speed when needed for battles with 1 min cooldown. Plus, you get 10 cooldown reduction. Trinity just offers so much, especially the 150% bonus damage (off of base) after you cast a spell (2 sec cooldown with Kass's low cooldowns, especially Riftwalk). If you crit off of sheen/trinity, OWNAGE with armor pentration.

****** Important ******
Message your team pre-game that you are playing melee kassadin and that you know AP is better. Only try this in unranked games.

I have found that playing melee Kassadin makes my AP Kassadin better as I understand more about how to play him according to the situation. And if you get Lichbane on your AP Kassadin, you are in melee range.

Please spare us all comments about AP Kassadin and only post your comments and personal experience with melee Kassadin. I would like to keep this thread as clean cut as possible with constructive feedback regarding melee kassadin builds only.

Thanks in advance for keeping comments constructive and on point regarding melee Kassadin.

Jedimaster

Kalshazzak

02-10-2011

An IE would probably give better dps than the tri-force.

Carados

02-10-2011

Terrible ****ing guide, terrible ****ing title.

JedimasterDarren

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Terrible ****ing guide, terrible ****ing title.
Then suggest improvements or make constructive comments instead of being rude about it. Your comments suggest you have not played melee kassadin or don't have a clue what your talking about it. Please enlightened us with your melee kassadin build.

Carados

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedimasterDarren View Post
Then suggest improvements or make constructive comments instead of being rude about it. Your comments suggest you have not played melee kassadin or don't have a clue what your talking about it. Please enlightened us with your melee kassadin build.
A) You're encouraging people to lose the game for thier team by playing AD Kassadin.
B) You're playing a melee carry without two escape summoners. On the champion who needs them no matter what build.
C) You started a thread which is intented to be drawn attention based on the title instead of the content.

JedimasterDarren

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
A) You're encouraging people to lose the game for thier team by playing AD Kassadin.
B) You're playing a melee carry without two escape summoners. On the champion who needs them no matter what build.
C) You started a thread which is intented to be drawn attention based on the title instead of the content.
Ahh, I understand now. You did not read the thread or post:

a) Read the ***** Important section ***** at the end. I covered that.
b) In the very 1st paragraph (which you did not read or understand) I stated "AD has some good match ups, in particular as an anit-mage, anit-carry." He is not a carry. Riftwalk is his escape and better than most any summoner besides the fact it has a 4 sec cooldown. You also have treads, if desired, as well as 15% speed from trinity, your 1st main item.

I think your are fixated on AP Kassadin as a carry and have not played melee Kassadin.

c) You did not read the content and seem to have no experience playing melee kassadin.

Have you ever played melee kassadin? How many games? What is your build? Help us learn more effective builds.

Carados

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedimasterDarren View Post
a) Read the ***** Important section ***** at the end. I covered that.
b) Melee or AD Kassadin is an anti-mage, anti carry. He is not a carry. Riftwalk is his escape and better than most any summoner besides the fact it has a 4 sec cooldown. You also have treads, if desired, as well as 15% speed from trinity, your 1st main item.
c) That seems to be just you, because you did not read the content.
A) That doesn't make it okay. Saying "I'm going to shoot you," then pulling a gun doesn't make the action justifiable. And more to the point, it would make your AP Kassadin play worse, by encouraging bad behavior.

B) "Anti-mage" and "Anti-carry" aren't roles. Carry is a role. Unless you can tell me how those two are seperate from the other roles...
bi) Kassadin needs Cleanse. Period. End of discussion. If you've ever, ever played Kassadin against people who can play the game well, you'd know why. Like all champion who have short range, two escapes are needed. Hell, Flash is needed on AP Kassadn.
bii) The roles of this game are "Nuker," "Carry," "Intiatior," "Support," and "Disabler." Kassadin will always be a carry, due to lack of burst damage, intiation power, support abilities, and weak disabling power.

C) Any reason you chose to make the title really, really obnoxious? Any reason besides drawing in attention?

JedimasterDarren

02-10-2011

Carodos and anyone else posting,

"Please spare us all comments about AP Kassadin and only post your comments and personal experience with melee Kassadin."

I think it would be helpful for everyone to understand the posters personal experience playing melee Kassadin as I have read way to many posts digressing to AP Kassadin like Carados in other forum posts or guide comments. It is really destructive to those wanting to learn to play him as melee in addition to AP.

InvaderMirO

02-10-2011

this guide is bad...

AD Kassadin is just like all the other horrid builds people list on the forums after they use it in a level 10 game and stomp some kiddies and think "ZOMFG i just wrecked with AP sivir she is so OHHHPEEE!"

sure, you can build kassadin as Attack Damage, and yea, u can even get some kills.
but your just gimping yourself for that game.

any character can TANK, that doesnt mean u should do it.

about the only thing i liked about this post was the suggestion that playing "wierd" builds on your character can give you a better understanding of them... which i agree with.
it lets you know what does and doesn't work.
and AD kassadin, as you will eventually figure out... doesn't really work.

Claricorp

02-10-2011

Ad kassadin doesnt add much to a team that an AP kassadin or other melee champ would and do it better.

Hybrid kassadin is actually viable, and one of the most intensive and difficult builds to play.