[Guide] Rapelank- There goes 3/4 of your life. Now run and tell that.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onslaught87

01-14-2011

Guide I did a couple weeks back or so. Gotten some great ratings and feedback. Open to more. Rate and comment ftw. More people must know the power of the rape.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/12549

Edit: The build you guys are downvoting as a scrub low elo build, is almost identical to the build of the considered by many to be the top GP in high elo Feel no Fear: High Elo Viable Crit Gangplank Guide ( by Feel no Fear )

Lol.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

I don't think it will be a good guide when you reach high level.
Reasons:
1. You built 3 IE in one of the picture, it just mean that the enemies suck...IE's passive doesn't stack and you probably should get one HP item.
2. The mid game part with two cloaks and 2 avaries and 1 speed of boot might be better with 1 cloak, 2 avaries and zeal, zeal gives you some movement speed and atk speed as well as crit, but two cloak doesn't give you any damage....but a 50/50 risky crit chance.
3. You are building attack item too late. Going stack to IE without grabbing your pickaxe means you can't use your money effectively.
4. You didn't even mention that Q can slow enemy with lizard buff

1st Time Edit:
See your update to the guide, but personally still hate the part where your late-end game part. You are running around with a level 1 boot, even with the buff from raise moral you are limited from getting the enemy.

Also, you keep talking about using Q in the guide, but I don't see any attempt to try to get the blue buff for the mana regen + cooldown reduction, personally I believe it is the best solution as you try to keep denying and farm for gold with your Q.
(I am a plank user myself, so I know spamming skills will not allow you to stay in lane for long)
Putting a cloak in your item list without building it into other stuff is also a bad idea.

Lastly, Stealing baron with your ult is unreliable, I mean, it is worth a shot, but I rather to see you saving your ult for more important situation (Since your team is fail enough to be unable to gank a team that went to baron)

Overall, I still believe that your build is "Ideal" build, this build will be totally mess up if enemy outrange you/ drain you mana

(Example 1, veigar's edge-stun with dark matter, there goes the crit plank that eat his fruit, but drain up his mana in merely two minutes, sadly veigar got his passive that allow him to regen three times faster than GP, as GP is trying hard but still need to use mana to deny creeps)
(Example 2, Twitch(Yes....the one that got nerfed) or any ranged dps (Ex. Kog) has a wit's end. They keep attacking you with crazy attack speed. You know that they are squishy so you also payback with your Q, but ....sadly....
1. Kog outrange you.
2. Twitch's attack speed is so high that he gives you three shots before you can get back.
Once again, you are out of mana, a GP without mana = tower hugger, you can't even deny the enemy from leveling up.)

Onslaught87

01-14-2011

If you read the text by the picture, I noted that I built 3 for ****s and giggles. I in no way recommend that unless it is a complete pubstomp and you want lulz.

I don't do 2 zeals because I don't build 2 phantom dancers...like ever. There is an alternate build where I show 2 PD and then it would be viable.

The IE thing. That's exactly why I wrote the guide hah. Many people have the misconception that "omg rush the IE!" Here's the problem with that: No crit chance while building long into that IE and no crit chance after you get it. Getting a 100% crit is more damaging to them physically and psychologically. "Oh **** GP is 100% crit...stay away."

My build is mainly for support and distance shots with parrley for crits...and kiting. You don't run in and use your blade often as that's what stupid gp's end up doing and die a lot of times thinking that IE gave them god mode. And here's the awesome ironic part: you still end up getting more kills.

All that opposed to rushing the IE where it is no cost effective, you have very low crit chance, and you pray your parrrley crits and curse the RNG when it doesn't. I used to be that GP that rushed the IE. Believe me...I noticed a HUGE difference when going into this build. It is better...try it.

As for 4...I mention grabbing the red buff whenever you can. Didn't think I had to spell it out for people lol but I do add things like that I may have forgotten along the way, so thanks for the mention.

I encourage you and others to honestly read the guide THOROUGHLY. And if you think not rushing damage before crit is noob, well look at my stats. And if you wanna throw the "you're low elo it doesn't count" at me, look at Feel no Fear.

tl;dr- Higher crit chance early-mid game is way > than flat damage and low crit chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasLoL View Post
let me sum this thread up for others:

tl;dr: if you are awesome at this game and can avoid getting killed by any champ(s), get 100% crit on gangplank and you'll get more kills

Loonybin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2011

l2build trinity force

Onslaught87

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loonybin View Post
l2build trinity force
Yeah...ummm...please don't troll my guide, k thx.

AliceTheLinguist

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught87 View Post
Yeah...ummm...please don't troll my guide, k thx.
Um...I skimmed part of your guide. Sac'n minions during laning phase right off the bat is common.

But, not getting at least two zeals is slightly foolish. You know, MS quints are still decent, and since your guide doesn't recommend that, its too much to pass up being able to have 500 MS dip in and out like GP should be played.

If anything, at least learn about how to play gang plank.

Feel no Fear. Best pirate atm. Please, don't spread your stuff around. I know you might being trying to help people, but some people just do it better.

: /

And at your screenshots. Lol. Everyone has those games. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, has those games all the time. No point really in posting those. : /

You're not even ranked in above 1200 ELO.

Onslaught87

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofoGaryOak View Post
Um...I skimmed part of your guide. Sac'n minions during laning phase right off the bat is common.
What's your point. And actually, I don't see it a lot. When I do see it, I say "Oh thank God a GP who knows what he's doing kind of."

Quote:
But, not getting at least two zeals is slightly foolish. You know, MS quints are still decent, and since your guide doesn't recommend that, its too much to pass up being able to have 500 MS dip in and out like GP should be played

Do you see the pattern here? First it's "well if you don't get IE, ur dumb" and "if you don't get at least two zeals, ur dumb." There is not one way to play plank, but I feel mine is the best. "Not getting at least two zeals is slightly foolish." So my guide thoroughly explains why it builds the way it does and why we don't build 2 zeals....and you just randomly throw that in there without and explanation. Cool story.

Pirate has enough MS as is with my build. He flies around the map. Having that extra 6% crit end game is more important that a little extra MS. Guaranteed crit > MS. I didn't recommend it because MY GUIDE plays a certain way. If I wanted to make a guide that told the 100 different ways of playing plank, I would've done that.

Quote:
If anything, at least learn about how to play gang plank.
Lol. GP, Kass, and Garen are my three top champs. 12 ranked games in a row I carried with kass and won. Since switching to this build and playstyle with GP, my win is at about 80% with him solo. My KD with him right now in ranked is 4:1. Don't tell me how to play, sir. Especially when many disagree with you about my guide sucking and my not knowing how to play.

And what's really funny about your "it's low elo, it doesn't count" attitude is that LOW ELO IS HARDER TO SOLO AND BE EFFICIENT WITH WINS. I'd rather play high elo against competent teams with competent teamates almost every time.

In any case....I'd be happy to show you my noob skills anytime you wanna go, chum. :P

Quote:

Feel no Fear. Best pirate atm. Please, don't spread your stuff around. I know you might being trying to help people, but some people just do it better.

Maybe if you actually read my guide instead of skimming it, you wouldn't feel extremely stupid like you are about to now. Psst. Guess what...My guide is based off of Feel no Fear's build/playstyle. Psst. Guess what again...He personally read part of it and approved of what he did read. I love how building a cloak instead of an avarice and having slightly different runes than fear makes me not know how to play GP and fear the best best. Lolwut?

I never once claimed to be the best or better than fear. He is a great player and I've watched a lot of his streams. I wrote the guide because of him. Besides tankplank, I feel his/my way of playing GP is the best.

It seems you like to infer what most assbags do who don't know any better: Oh higher the elo, the more they are right derp derp. That's incorrect. A lot of people get carried to high elo.

Even fear has a lot of people who hate him. I've watched a lot of his streams. He has a lot of people who scream he sucks in chat. I'm actually hearing him talk about that right now in stream and he's laughing. Proving my point. Noobs with be noobs. People will troll. And everyone will say someone sucks even if they don't.

Quote:
And at your screenshots. Lol. Everyone has those games. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, has those games all the time. No point really in posting those. : /
Really. My 12 wins in a row with kass in ranked solo, overall 78% win with him, and the fact that I climbed 300 elo points in a matter of 2-3 days says differently.

Quote:
You're not even ranked in above 1200 ELO.
Just because the way you play GP is different than mine, don't go running your mouth saying my guide sucks. You can stfu with that elo number ****. It means nothing to a player's skill seeing as it's a TEAM based game and there are a few skilled players who got sent to elo hell by bad luck or previously being bad. One man cannot carry a team to victory unless the enemy team is....really bad.

I almost ALWAYS have at least one player add me after every game I play now. I had a team of competent buddies who all added me and were asking me a slew of questions and were blown away by my skill and knowledge given my lack of games played compared to theirs. The answer is simple....some people pick the game up faster than others...and some people are great with certain champs compared to others.

As for why I'm in elo hell in the first place, I would always play ranked games when I didn't know enough about the game. I placed KD before my team and it got me what I deserved. After taking a break from the game and coming back with a whole different playstyle, I've been emitting rape and climbing the elo ranks. So when I get my elo back up to 1200 by your logic, my guide will then become viable lol?

TL;DR- My KD with GP is 4:1 and a 49% win ratio. Fear's KD is is 4.2:1 with 59% win ratio.

My overall ranked per game average KD is 7.2/4.3/7.6

Fear is 6.1/3.6/8.5

Funny that even though my stats are very similar to his, he automatically gets credibility for being high elo and I apparently don't know how to play GP because I'm low elo. I'll be sure to come back and bump this thread when I reach "community acceptable" elo levels...just for you, buddy. Oh and the best part is how my stats were tainted back from me playing a lot of ranked when I didn't know what I was doing. Where as I believe Fears and a lot of other high elo's are dedicated solely to a new account after they found out what they were doing. Lol gg, mofo.

hotbuffguy

01-15-2011

My personal thought would be that this is kinda fail.
No damage or attackspeed for 30minutes is fine since you mentioned you wanna focus on parrrley.

But then you also don't have any CDR which means you are highly useless for the entire game if your teamates can't hold a 4v5 while you farm and get forced to surrender at 25min. Otherwise you come into lategame with some nice items and try to play carry but then there are lotsa other champs that can do this better. I mean if you aren't going to build any survivability then you might as well play someone like Trynd (altough Trynd doesn't need anywhere near as much crit due to his passive).

Onslaught87

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbuffguy View Post
My personal thought would be that this is kinda fail.
No damage or attackspeed for 30minutes is fine since you mentioned you wanna focus on parrrley.

But then you also don't have any CDR which means you are highly useless for the entire game if your teamates can't hold a 4v5 while you farm and get forced to surrender at 25min. Otherwise you come into lategame with some nice items and try to play carry but then there are lotsa other champs that can do this better. I mean if you aren't going to build any survivability then you might as well play someone like Trynd (altough Trynd doesn't need anywhere near as much crit due to his passive).
You spend all early game farming. Last hitting with parrrley and your blade. Denying xp. Usually by 30 minutes you have about 80% crit and that zeal if not more. You get lots of assists and kills with your ulti and should be ganking squishies.

You have plenty of damage from crit on those who don't have armor. For those who do, you obviously engage as a team and assist. You are still an assist/support first.

CDR has never really been a priority for me with plank, especially when kiting and baiting with parrrley. Play smart. If CDR is a problem for you, grab a blue pot for 10% and +ap for your ulti. I actually might mention that in my guide. I accidentally bought one instead of a green pot last night and then realized hey...this ain't so bad.

AD as AS isn't planks strong point early-mid game. It's crit and MS. He goes in and out poking, farming, pushing when he can (mid game), covering lanes, and throwing ulti out left and right to assist teamates.

Mid-late is when you do all that and can start 1v1ing a lot of people with ease.

My build has survivability....it's called not being stupid. You aren't playing tank...you aren't playing dps carry. You stay in the shadows and come out to gank with parrrley, ulti, grog blade.

GP may be my best champ. This build works fine for me. Obviously I have no problems surviving with a 4:1 kd. If you do, don't play him. If you don't like the build, don't play it. It ain't for everyone.

Its similar builds are used high elo by at least one person. Fear runs around doing the same thing early-mid game with nothing but avarices ffs. I think he is probably the best example of how this is viable. People who have not tried it and just assume it doesn't work shouldn't make such assumptions.

I like how everyone's post in here is negative. Mine. The people trashing my build. This I have not seen lol.

gallantgreg

01-15-2011

Good players can play with a sub-optimal build and still win.

I believe CDR is important especially for parrrley.
eg. 40% CDR is a 66% increase in parrrley damage. That is the same effect as buying 66% crit chance (3220g). You could get 40% from something like Youmuu, Lucidity boots, Brutalizer for 4900g and also get a bigass bunch of other usefull stats and be awesome early game and lategame.