************* AD/Crit Sion Build **************

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JedimasterDarren

02-10-2011

There are several post regarding AD/Crit Sion. For those of you wanting a AD/cirt Sion build, I suggest trying the following:

21/9/0 with Dodge and 10% speed upon dodge

I go ghost and exhaust. Ghost is very good, I would drop exhaust if your playstyle demands another spell. Instead of cleanse, i think treads and banshee's veil work well. But late game with lots of CC, cleanse would be good. Early/mid game, it won't do much. You get kills/gold off of ghost and exhaust.

Runes: Dodge, MR/level, Attack speed or crit marks and quints (Like AS for better farming early and more sustainable attacks)

Regrowth pendant --> philosopher stone
Basic boots
Consider Avarice Blade if going for Ghostblade
Zeal---> phantom dancer
Upgrade to boots of choice here or earlier as desired
Consider Banshees veil or go to ghostblade
Atma's Impaler (so sweet on AD/crit Sion)

So you have
Philosopher Stone
Boots of Choice (Zerkers early, switch to treads generally for me)
Phantom Dancer
Banshees or Ghostblade
Atma's Impaler

6th and 7th items (selling philospher stone) are situational. Infinity edge is a good choice for one of them. Bloodthrister or Last Whisper are solid choices too.

Your basic MR is 30 plus 25 from runes plus 6 from masteries so 61.
If you get treads, you have a solid 86
If you get Banshees on top of this, 136 is very ,very nice with spell block. You are set.

Your armor gets 45 from Atma's plus 6 from masters. You will have about 130 Armor after 5 relatively cheap items.
You will have 50% crits plus 15% if ghostblade and more if you selected crit runes. Add 20% for IE late game.

Level up stun, enrage, shield as first three. Then, in general, level up your ult, enrage, stun, shield. Depending on situation, I sometimes get level 2 or 3 shield early to dominate lane/farm, or I level stun up if not leveling shield. At any rate, get shield as 17th and 18th selection. Read the game situation. I almost always max out enrage 1st, then stun, then ult, and last the shield.

Please spare us all any comments about AP sion. Those posts belong in another thread. Thanks.

Jedimaster

wanderingsniper

02-10-2011

Why philo stone? and why stun over shield?

IMO I prefer shield over stun since the stuns duration remains the same throughout its leveling while at least shield can help you clear creep waves for enrage. Thats my opinion.

Tanerian

02-10-2011

No.

Carados

02-10-2011

Terrible ****ing guide, terrible ****ing title.

JedimasterDarren

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingsniper View Post
Why philo stone? and why stun over shield?

IMO I prefer shield over stun since the stuns duration remains the same throughout its leveling while at least shield can help you clear creep waves for enrage. Thats my opinion.
You have like 250 mana to start at level 1 and no mana regen runes or items. Stun can get you 1st blood, especially with offensive lane partner. If you use shield 1st, you will have limited ability to spam it. But by all means, try it, not a big deal either way.

I generally level stun over shield on AD/crit Sion for the lower cooldown. The damage levels up about the same as the shield.

JedimasterDarren

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Terrible ****ing guide, terrible ****ing title.
Ah, you again. Please enlighten us with your constructive comments. This is just immature and shows you have no insight.

Carados

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedimasterDarren View Post
Ah, you again. Please enlighten us with your constructive comments. This is just immature and shows you have no insight.
You're the one who started a thread which is intented to be drawn attention based on the title instead of the content.

PhilStone. Sion.

Why?

JedimasterDarren

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
You're the one who started a thread which is intented to be drawn attention based on the title instead of the content.

PhilStone. Sion.

Why?
Good question. The answer is posted in another thread, but not in this brief build.

Starting with Regrowth pendant helps you lane very well and take a lot of punishment without a Doran's item. Sion does not need the HP of a doran's item early, but he could use the HP regen. AD crit sion does not need AP or does it need 9 AD boost when he gets 25 from level 1 enrage.

The 15 HP/5 is 180 HP per minute extra. When you spend 365 gold more, you get the philosopher stone which boosts it to 22.5 HP/5 plus 10 mana/5 plus 5 gold/10. The 10/mana regen is all you need to spam stuns and some shields WITHOUT any items or runes, plus you get 30 gold per minute.

AD/crit Sion is an expensvie build and I find that lack of early mana for a stun or shield burst costs me kills/gold to farm early. His mana base is so low, but the real problem is mana regen. I also do not have a need for any life steal with the 22.5HP/5 extra and can lane longer. Thus, Sion's ult for team battles is all the life steal that is necessary. Keep in mind enrage drains 14 life per hit at level 5.

1st trip back could easily be 1000 gold with a regrowth pendant

365 more for philospher stone
350 for boots
rest towards zeal, avarice blade or berserker boots

If you get the philosopher stone at the 5 min mark and play 30 mintues with it, you get 900 gold total with all the mana you need without any mana regen items or runes. This leads to more stuns for kills and more shields for farming early. You can focus runes and items on your AD crit.

InvaderMirO

02-10-2011

another garbage guide... cant wait for more!

i know that with the way you title them theres no way ill miss it!

SkullMasteRgR

02-10-2011

I suport AD Sion but i agree with the others about the title. Really its not polite trying to catch the attention of others by a long title.
Anyways, i can see that ur build lacks AD in my opinion. Apart from the ghostblade which doesnt give a lot of AD u have nothing else. I would make zeals, leave it that way and then go for IE or Bloodthirster. IE if i have crit marks and Bloodthirster if i use arpen/attck speed marks..