Suggestion: Weekly Tournament Style play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChainsawBear

02-10-2011

I took a look around before posting this, and havent seen anything like it.
I just think it would be cool to have tournament brackets with IP/RP running throughout a certain day. You could have the winner get ip/rp or skins champions etc. changing monthly?

DaBaier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

I second this idea. Form tournament "groups" based on rank (brackets), then players are evaluated against each other at the end of the week, the players that went up the most win.

Example: Player A is 1450, Player B is 1449 and C is 1400 at the start of the week. At the end of the week A=1425, B = 1425, C = 1420. Who wins? C does! Player C went up by 20, whereas the others were negative at the end of the week. Player B gets second place, as he only lost 24; whereas A lost 25 rating, placing A in third.

Intriguing!

DaBaier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

"Winning" should actually be driven away from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Instead, award IP (or w/e reward) based on top 1% 2% 3%; this is similar to "first" "second" "third", but with vast quantities of people.

Also W/L ratio could play into it... Maybe as a secondary sorting mechanism, because there will be lots of players getting the same values for rank change.

Sleepz

02-11-2011

a Weekly tournement would be amazing as i wrote earlier in a thread some rewards such as Icons and Titles maybe even Exclusive skins that are buyble with RP with mini RP winings