What happened to "Brolaf stole my name" guy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PinkyThePig

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyRaisin View Post
your post doesn't make any sense. this happened around a month or 2 ago, and has to do with their forum names, in game names, etc.

also, bump
It makes sense seeing as how the OP referred to "brolaf" playing in the match. I explained how this game occured.

suicide4daniel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

Dun dun dunnn

Gankenstein

02-10-2011

I think I read Nikasaur saying that the riot vs bots games was played on the Riot internal server and the names/accounts were created solely for that game. I don't really know anything else about the other situation but pretty sure that the brolaf you saw a few days ago could not possibly be related to this.

--Gank

xBandie

02-10-2011

It was Guinbro actually..

ManyRaisin

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyThePig View Post
It makes sense seeing as how the OP referred to "brolaf" playing in the match. I explained how this game occured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankenstein View Post
I think I read Nikasaur saying that the riot vs bots games was played on the Riot internal server and the names/accounts were created solely for that game. I don't really know anything else about the other situation but pretty sure that the brolaf you saw a few days ago could not possibly be related to this.

--Gank
first, im the op. second, id wager that the "riot internal server" is just the exact same thing we play, only a patch or two ahead of us. sorta like test realm. third, the red brolaf has posted on the forums, as well as bro1af. fourth, you two make me sad.

bump with updated first post

Bro1af

11-19-2012

Sorry I never checked back in. The thread was closed and I didn't think people gave all that many f**ks. Anyways, Riot got in touch with me, explained that they didn't want anyone griefing under that name, and they gave me the Brolaf skin for free. It seemed like they were making the most of a s**ty situation for me, so I appreciated that. Still...having my college nickname used in this manner was pretty messed up and I did feel betrayed on some weird level (I played this game a ton back then).

At this point, though, its all water under the bridge as I now have a serious job (instead of an unemployed college grad) that keeps me from playing too much anymore. I keep up with the streams online, but that's basically it.

A little belated, but I hope this is some closure for all 6 of you that looked at my original post!

NewRelicspet

11-19-2012

I read this and was like "Wtf is up with this necro?!"
Now I see... Oh well. Glad you moved on bro, and that everyone is happy.

Icemaz

11-19-2012

Holy closure Batman!