New Champion - Vladimir the Half-Shade Vampire (With Artwork)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Therox

08-16-2009

The time has come to present you my vampire character In my opinion it's the duty of the Riot team to integrate a vampire character into the game! xD
So here's my proposal. My artwork (Maybe I'm going to add some more details the next days):

http://i30.tinypic.com/aac7xj.jpg (No, his legs are not naked ^^ He wears an old-fashioned trouser like a lord of a castle wore them. This thing in his hand is a sunshade btw ^^)

Background:

Living in a lonely castle, far from any presence of life, Vladimir was living quiet peacuful and undisturbed, leaving his home only to fill his veins with fresh mana. But one day, he nearly reached his dominion too late because the sunrise was approaching. With a last view, he beheld the vivid light of this giant flaming ball...And something in the deepest dungeons of his undead heart awakened: The urge to walk around at any daytime, seeing everything clear and colorful. Feeling the warmth of the sun beams.
But that would imply his instant death. So he created a magical sunshade, combined with an ancient artifact, the "Arcane Eye Shields of Kaltranov".
From this day on, he was able to walk around when the sun was shining, and with his very powerful magic potencial a place in the League of Legends was verified.

Stats Type: Arcane
Hero Type: Mage

Stats:

Attack: Low - Middle

He's a noble undead. Close combat is much too primitive for his tender mind, as he says. *cough*
Defense: Low
As he's unlinke every other vampire, his physical defense is very low. That's because he belongs to the kind of bloodsuckers that drain out the souls out of her victims, and not the blood.
Magic: High - Very High
He has a reportoire of spells, that mainly have low damage but therefor other useful effects.

Special: This champion is based on a new mechanism. He has no mana, but he is able to cast his spells through using the drained souls of his victims as an energy source. So for Vladimir has his own "resource" called "Mind Essence".

Abilities:

- Soul Drink (Active) -

Effect:
This Ability costs no Mind Essence and has a very low cooldown. When used on any non-allied unit, Vladimir walks near it, grabs it with his claw-like hands and sucks out parts of its soul. This gives him his needed Mind Essence. When raising the rank of this spell, a bigger amount of this resource is drained. (2 / 3 / 4 / 5)

- Bat Morph (Active) -

Effect:
Turns you into a bat for x seconds after 1 second of channeling, so you can fly up into the sky. Your health becomes very low, but your movement speed increases strongly after the transformation. You're not able to attack and you can only be a target of normal ranged attacks. You can fly across every obstacle. If your transformation ends above one, you will be "teleported" to the nearest edge of this obstacle. If you die as a bat, you will turn into your normal form again, but only with 50% of the health you had before transformating.

- Beguiling Blarney (Active) -

Effect: You gain the control over the targeted opponent champion, governing him like it would be your regular character. During this time, Vladimir is standing there, wispering the orders to his slave.
If the target walks too far away (there will be a permanent radius shown when taking over the control), the effect will stop instantly, or when Vladimir is being attacked directly. You can attack with the champion and use his abilities against his quondam allies, but you can't use shops. If the controlled champion becomes attacked, Vladimir is dealt x% of this damage too. Lasts for a very short time. Let's say 10 seconds or less on the maximum level of the skill. Very high cooldown.

BTW: I know it's a very very complex skill. But I think it will be understandable when it's used ingame.

- Ultimate: ??? (Some ideas?) -

- Glutton (Passive) -

Effect: At every fifth hit by Vladi,ir he gains 1 Mind Essence.

MrEvilDeeds

08-16-2009

Isnt Evelynn a vampire ?[FONT=Arial Black][/FONT]

Therox

08-16-2009

Mh for me she looks like a demonic domina And she doesn't really have skills that are typical for a vampire in my opinion

Dakisarak

08-16-2009

his wand looks kind of fairyish and it looks like he's wearing a really, really short bathrobe

Therox

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakisarak View Post
his wand looks kind of fairyish and it looks like he's wearing a really, really short bathrobe
that's not a wand xDDD it's a sunshade ^^

Woozl

08-16-2009

I don't see why you can't use mana. Also, Beguiling Blarney seems a tad pointless. In theory it seems like a good idea, but if you controlled someone like, say, Tristana, this is how the skill would go down.

Vlad: Control Tristana and attack their tower.
Tristana: Attack your own tower.
Tower: Shoot Tristana.
Tristana: Tank it up.
Vlad: Die because you have less HP than the Tristana that is soaking up the turrets damage.

Although I have a feeling you meant that they'd take X percentage of damage the person they are controlling is taking, and that goes down with every level.

[Suggestion]
Ultimate: Soul Defilement (Active)

Effect: For a short period of time, all Vladimir's attacks deal damage to the target's Mana instead of Health. During this time, the target's Mana acts as though it were their HP, so if the target gets to 0 Mana, they die. Lasts (I dunno) 5/7/10 seconds.

This way Vlad turns into an anti-tank mage. "What's that? 4.5k hp? Ok, I'll attack your 700 mana instead "

I don't know if that'd be overly OP or not. It probably would be. Maybe if you added on a "Target gains X magic resist for the duration" it'd be fine. I'm no game developer, what do I know?

Therox

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woozl View Post
I don't see why you can't use mana. Also, Beguiling Blarney seems a tad pointless. In theory it seems like a good idea, but if you controlled someone like, say, Tristana, this is how the skill would go down.

Vlad: Control Tristana and attack their tower.
Tristana: Attack your own tower.
Tower: Shoot Tristana.
Tristana: Tank it up.
Vlad: Die because you have less HP than the Tristana that is soaking up the turrets damage.

Although I have a feeling you meant that they'd take X percentage of damage the person they are controlling is taking, and that goes down with every level.

[Suggestion]
Ultimate: Soul Defilement (Active)

Effect: For a short period of time, all Vladimir's attacks deal damage to the target's Mana instead of Health. During this time, the target's Mana acts as though it were their HP, so if the target gets to 0 Mana, they die. Lasts (I dunno) 5/7/10 seconds.

This way Vlad turns into an anti-tank mage. "What's that? 4.5k hp? Ok, I'll attack your 700 mana instead "

I don't know if that'd be overly OP or not. It probably would be. Maybe if you added on a "Target gains X magic resist for the duration" it'd be fine. I'm no game developer, what do I know?
The reason why no mana is simple Just because I wanted to introduce a new form of "resource" to cast the abilities. Like Tryndamere, who's abilities are draining his health. He has no mana too.

And I think you didn't understand how the control spell works. After you selected the champion you want to control, you "lose" the control over Vlad. He's just standing there and doing some kind of animation. And now it's like the chosen hero would be your regular hero for the duration. So you can attack the enemy's towers and units, not your own (Expressed in another way, the controlled foe can attack his quondam allies, but they attack him aswell of course). Hope that made everything clear

The thing with the X percentage of the damage the slave takes, is changed now Thanks for the criticism. I just tried to create a completely new mechanism for this hero, depending on his casting resource.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

08-17-2009

Having a different type of resource is fun in concept, but needs to be applied carefully. If a champion becomes unable to cast most of their spells, or most of their spells become ineffective because of a resource system like the one you mention then it is not a good system. Furthermore, i dont want to be pidgeonholed into which skills to take early game. If i can only get "Mind Essence" from one of my spells, then i am forced to take it to use the others. No a good mechanic. Tyrndamere works because he doesnt need to build up his alternative resource in order to cast all his spells, and he is able to gain bloodlust charges from his ultimate, so even that skill does not absolutely require him to "power up" before fighting, even though it does limit him

Furthermore, his shapeshift seems pretty boring. A 3 second channel means its worthless for running. Its only use would be quickly moving around the map and occasional use to bypass terrain for ganks, but overall, not the kind of skill i hope to see in LoL

Leksu

08-17-2009

I agree with most of what TenToadPete said.

If there would be a spell which didnt cost Mind Essence, then it would help a bit.
But why not build him on the health concept like Tyrndamere?

Vampire=Blood=Health

I would rather see more champions with the health concept, than with a new one and a vampire fits perfect for life leaching and other cool stuff.

No offense, but I just think your champion would be too hard to make. Too many new things (flying above obstacles, mind control and a whole new mechanism).

Otherwise I like to see a vampire too.

Therox

08-17-2009

Okay, thanks for the feeback. I see your point, and I must agree.
I changed his passive now to a skill that gives him Mind Essence at every fifth hit that he performs. So you're not forced to learn "Soul Drink" at first.
I also changed the channeling time of Bat Morph to 1 second, so he's able to escape from enemies more quickly. In the whole, I don't want to get rid of the Mind Essence mechanism I wanted to try something new, and that's where I will stay with ^^