Casseiopea, simple item build idea feedback please

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
what are you doing to farm? just pure aa, no use of your skills at all?

I get silly high cs with cass.
I have been leveling W first lately. At level 2 a W+Q will kill caster minions(w just barely doesnt by itself, you can aa to kill them with W alone if you want). you then can AA to last him melee, or leave them for your partner.
Doing this zones out the other team while farming. Your W is a huge zone they can't enter. Giving you total control. Hell, even when you push the lane into their tower, you can keep casting Q and W to zone them out from their tower as well.
This does of course make you extend. so you do need to watch your back. be sure to ward.
If a gank does come, a ranked up W is a strong slow, as well Q speed boost.

Only shaco would really concern me, forcing me to not be so aggressive.

Sheen does of course go another mile in making last hits easier, if you go that route too.

and yeah, dorins change made the ring nearly unusable. no hp regen is just no good.
I just CS with auto attack during the laning phase. I use all of my mana on harassing the other player since it's hard to use skills with Cass to CS without pushing your lane. I see a lot of jungle Yi in my matches and I got tired of him coming behind me with that CANNOT BE SLOWED CANNOT BE SLOWED ****.

And yea, I use W+Q to farm mid to late game, I'm just not sure if i want to push my lane early game.

Argodis

02-12-2011

Bumping this topic up. It's the most informative Cass topic I've seen in a while so I hope it stays active.

I decided to try for an early Philospher Stone in my last game. I bought 1 Faerie Charm and 2 HP pots. Unfortunately for me, I was the only one on my team fit to take mid so I was stuck in mid. Of course I would have to go against ****ing Heimerdinger the day I decide to not take Meki's. It was tough but I was able to stay ahead of him CS wise but I had to choose between harassing him or pushing the creep back because he was pushing hard(No jungler on my team.) He left lane for a few secs so I backed and finished up philosopher stone, got boots, etc. I nearly died on the inside when I returned and saw that he had blue now.

But skipping all that, I built Ryali's and the slow was very useful throughout the game. I will go back to integrating Rylai's into my build. Wanting to abuse the fact that I was 3-4 levels higher than my opponents, I built RoA as well so I was pretty tanky. I wanted more mana regen and since I already had a philosopher stone, I got Shurelya's Reverie. It didn't seem too bad at first. I had like 3.2k HP and the health regen/mana regen was nice. I finished up Deathcap and continued to melt faces. I died 3 times because of ashe arrows to the face leading to me getting gang raped. I sold SR and bought Banshee's since the other team consisted of mostly mr damage andI also bought Will of the Ancients.

I understand what everyone was saying about Will of the Ancients now. It's such a great item on Cass. I'm definitely getting it every game now. The other team was basically hiding in their base most of the time so I decided to try and solo baron with this build and it worked easily. Went into their base, got a quadra kill, and won the game. 19/3/11

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/cass3.jpg/

The only thing I am not sure about now is build order. I may go for an early catalyst to help my early game mp problems and go straight into Rylais from there. Anyway, I think I'm slowly getting closer to an optimal Cass build. Since the switch to 9/21/0 masteries combined with my flat armor and magic resist runes, I don't even have to use my HP pots in most games. I may have to use 1 pot but never both. My early game survivability seems to be a bit overkill. I will likely switch to the per level versions of the runes for a stronger late game. IMO Cass is strong early game, tapers off mid game, and picks back up again late game if you get enough AP.

Medusa

02-12-2011

Yeah, i prefer the per-lvl runes. I think its best to play as if the game may go one later, cause in a perfect world it will with mostly balanced match ups.

MBirk

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
Bumping this topic up. It's the most informative Cass topic I've seen in a while so I hope it stays active.

I decided to try for an early Philospher Stone in my last game. I bought 1 Faerie Charm and 2 HP pots. Unfortunately for me, I was the only one on my team fit to take mid so I was stuck in mid. Of course I would have to go against ****ing Heimerdinger the day I decide to not take Meki's. It was tough but I was able to stay ahead of him CS wise but I had to choose between harassing him or pushing the creep back because he was pushing hard(No jungler on my team.) He left lane for a few secs so I backed and finished up philosopher stone, got boots, etc. I nearly died on the inside when I returned and saw that he had blue now.

But skipping all that, I built Ryali's and the slow was very useful throughout the game. I will go back to integrating Rylai's into my build. Wanting to abuse the fact that I was 3-4 levels higher than my opponents, I built RoA as well so I was pretty tanky. I wanted more mana regen and since I already had a philosopher stone, I got Shurelya's Reverie. It didn't seem too bad at first. I had like 3.2k HP and the health regen/mana regen was nice. I finished up Deathcap and continued to melt faces. I died 3 times because of ashe arrows to the face leading to me getting gang raped. I sold SR and bought Banshee's since the other team consisted of mostly mr damage andI also bought Will of the Ancients.

I understand what everyone was saying about Will of the Ancients now. It's such a great item on Cass. I'm definitely getting it every game now. The other team was basically hiding in their base most of the time so I decided to try and solo baron with this build and it worked easily. Went into their base, got a quadra kill, and won the game. 19/3/11

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/cass3.jpg/

The only thing I am not sure about now is build order. I may go for an early catalyst to help my early game mp problems and go straight into Rylais from there. Anyway, I think I'm slowly getting closer to an optimal Cass build. Since the switch to 9/21/0 masteries combined with my flat armor and magic resist runes, I don't even have to use my HP pots in most games. I may have to use 1 pot but never both. My early game survivability seems to be a bit overkill. I will likely switch to the per level versions of the runes for a stronger late game. IMO Cass is strong early game, tapers off mid game, and picks back up again late game if you get enough AP.
Your midgame is weak largely due to the rylais. its very expensive for what you get. And its build into items are so lame. Cata-rod first is probably a better deal then rylais.

You'll note one of the main reasons I champion hextech/sheen is to combat that. its a more even progression of power. while rylais leaves you under powered until the whole thing is built. and honestly even the, the effect for the cost is high.

Random cass info:

I was really trying out a jungle cass. Was taking like 7 min to get 6. just not worth it.
The problem is level 1. Just cant kill golem reasonably. But level2 with blue. Cass destroys jungle. (w+e) A lane cass with hextech and blue can kill golem at 8. Hextech and blue with smite very likely can do it at 4. There is also, shes so good in lane.

W ruins Sivir. It pops her spellshield and reapplies the poison. Cass makes a nasty counterpick to sivir. you'll completely shut her down.

Asylumseeker

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
You'll note one of the main reasons I champion hextech/sheen is to combat that. its a more even progression of power. while rylais leaves you under powered until the whole thing is built. and honestly even the, the effect for the cost is high.
I disagree with this myself, but i guess its two different styles of play. not building rylais is to make yourself do more damage to the opponents so your a complete dps caster really.

Getting rylais ads utility so you do not quite as nice damage but cc a lot too. I personally think rylai cass benefits the team far more.

MBirk

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylumseeker View Post
I disagree with this myself, but i guess its two different styles of play. not building rylais is to make yourself do more damage to the opponents so your a complete dps caster really.

Getting rylais ads utility so you do not quite as nice damage but cc a lot too. I personally think rylai cass benefits the team far more.
well lb will do more damage. But rylais is the same ap as a full rod, or will(Though will is much cheaper)
Its not really a question of rylai's doing less damage. Rod at full stacks gives more hp. (130 more), and mana which admittedly I don't push. regen is better for her.
But that hp and mana is more useful then the slow.
Q gives you a speed boost. W slows, and R stuns or slows. I don't get why anyone thinks she NEEDS another slow on top of that. Its like gettying rylais on anivia or zilean. why?
and Catalyst>>>>>>>>>>giants belt.
250 mana on level up. 300 health on level up.

i'm flat out taking rylais out of my builds the more I think about it. chalice-sheen-catalyst, rod or hextech or lb depending. then finish each up, and get deathcap last.
I could even decide that catalyst needs to be a banshees veil midgame if I need to.
(Chalice and cata might be overkill) going to need to play around with 9/21/0 or 9/0/21 and see how mana regen compares with the two and chalice vs cata.

MBirk

02-13-2011

ok, I tried a game.
I went 9/16/5.
And started sapph going catalyst.
used standard mpen reds, mp/5 level yellows, and cdr blues.
run speed quints

I really liked sapph-catalyst.
level1 9mp5. with these tank masteries and sapph. crys
That is way way less then 7 meki+ 3 intelligence mastery.
Should note, perseverance. increase total regen by 4% is terrible. Think about it. 4% of 9mp/5 .36mp/5. lol. -time dead is the mastery to get t1 utility.
so my old caster build was 19mp5 at level 1.
sapph crystal is 200 mana. takes meki 143 seconds to regen that 200 mana. or 2 min, and 23seconds. Laning starts at about 2min. so the would equal out at the 4min, 23 second mark. past that meki is more mana.

at level 11 I had rod and sheen. 22mp/5 with 1775 total mana.
This large mana pool did allow pretty long casting times. 22mp/5 is notably less then the 30-60 chalice gives.

16 in def vs 21.
resistance is 6 mdef, hardiness is 6 armor.
harden is block 2 phys damage.
vet scares +48 hp.
These 4 are very large early game help. late game. eh. Drop in the bucket honestly.

Strength of spirit. over rated.(did take it though) 1%.
at 11 this was 1775, at 18 about 2.3k.
17hp/5 and 23 hp/5 respectively. Now, gold value this is very good for a mastery. But hp/5 just isnt that great a stat in the first place.

Why I didnt go deeper?
Ardor. 4% ap and ias. Cass doesnt need ias, so ignore that. 4% ap. Sounds good right? 200 ap. 4% is 8. 8 ap is again, drop in the bucket.
8 ap is not remotely worth 10% off time dead. or 1.25% exp gain. (never mind deeper util talents
tenacity. same problem.
4% is ok. but costs you those other better talents.

Honestly after playing it.
I really liked rod. But didnt like tank talents.
I really. REALLY missed out on:

30% duration on monster buffs. This is compounded. Taking tank mastery, I only have 9% cdr with off and runes. AND I have less mana regen without the other util masteries. So, becuase of that, I NEED golem even more then I would with those util masteries, and yet get 30% less benefit from it. That sucks.
6% cdr. cdr is nice on her. don't ignore it. Q and W shorter then duration is very good.
exp gain, -10% on death, 15% shorter summ, +mana regen are nice combined, though don't stand out as much.
That cdr and 30% longer golem stand out to me as huge advantage for util with cass. They are far more important mid and late game then def's small def boosts early.
Nobody is even touching her then.

Medusa

02-13-2011

The fact RoA doesn't give nearly the amount of AP AAS does and no mana-regen is still hurting it for something i dont want to pick. I just feel i shouldnt have to rely on the extra health, it feels wrong for me :S

Haven't really liked the Movespeed Quints, kinda along the same lines as the health from RoA. Something i think i should be able to do just as well without (the move speed)

I still think the 4% reduction in dmg is very good all the time as it does add up. You could even go for Leviathan instead of Mejais for the lol's, get 19% total reduction and :O not die!

Yes i know she would use the AP well but im going to try Leviathan at some point.

Miirik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2011

i saw my third cass player ever! (this includes me) just my last match >_> proceeded to roflstomp her with the big bad crocodile.

MBirk

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miirik View Post
i saw my third cass player ever! (this includes me) just my last match >_> proceeded to roflstomp her with the big bad crocodile.
Poor snake lady.

As an anecdote.
I tried sapph-catalyst with standard caster runes/masteries in a game.
(normal game)

at matchmaking.
galio: we dont need two support with clairvoyance. one of you swap. There was a sona with cv, and me. I swap to exhaust.
Galio: no pick someone else.
me: did you just call cass support? lol

dude on the other team dodges. so we get kicked out.
Repop. Same exact team except the galio.
New guy picks singed.
Other people on the team are like, "wait, did that other guy call cass support?" "supports how? dealing damage?" "is trynd support now?"

Game starts, I end up going solo top, since we had ashe mid, and I though singed/sona-sitter would work better then me and sona.

I am up vs anivia.
poke back and forth. Tap and farm with W. I get level 2. Tap her twice with q.
She tries to run. I egg her under her tower. q+W walk away. first blood.

Pretty much how it goes the rest of the game. Carried well. Their jax could barely touch me with cata-rod.

12345678 ... 9