Are we nearing the point of an all-stun, tank-optional metagame?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrDragun

02-10-2011

Like DotA

In DotA, CC was ridiculous and tanks were not required. Sure everyone would take Leviathan but that was because of his initiation (with refresher orb -_- ) not for his tanking really.

I am really impressed with Riot for having lots of restraint with hard stuns. Lots of abilities on the core CC heroes like Swain, Lux, Morgana are roots instead of stuns.

Still, the more time goes by, the more champions get added. And the more champions get added, the more chances someone can build a really GOOD all-stun comp. Renekton was a recent stunner added and as time goes by, more and more stunners will appear.

Does a Renek Xin Ashe Annie Taric team really need a tank? They can just chain stun both enemy carries until it's a 3v5

Roriai

02-10-2011

sion taric duo lane makes me rage

Siegfryd

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
Does a Renek Xin Ashe Annie Taric team really need a tank? They can just chain stun both enemy carries until it's a 3v5
Both Taric and Xin can work as tanks, so that's not really a no tank team.

b0i5VgZQ9CgCWuRT

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
Like DotA

In DotA, CC was ridiculous and tanks were not required. Sure everyone would take Tidebringer but that was because of his initiation (with refresher orb -_- ) not for his tanking really.

I am really impressed with Riot for having lots of restraint with hard stuns. Lots of abilities on the core CC heroes like Swain, Lux, Morgana are roots instead of stuns.

Still, the more time goes by, the more champions get added. And the more champions get added, the more chances someone can build a really GOOD all-stun comp. Renekton was a recent stunner added and as time goes by, more and more stunners will appear.

DotA pug detected

Tempestt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

Merc treads help

LThadeu

02-10-2011

Sion + taric or even worse Pantheon + Taric
I played that for 3 matchs straigth, and we managed to get 3 Rage quit from the enemies on our lane, in a row rofl

Shaella

02-10-2011

sigh
no, no we're not
why?
because of CLEANSE

MrEnzyme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

In the team you describe, renekton, taric, and to an extent xin are fairly beefy characters, I would never say you need a tank so much as good initiation abilities. The team you described has flash > tibbers and ashe arrow, 2 amazingly good initiations.

So no, a tank is not required, just good initiation and some beefy chars, not necessarily full tanks.

dontbestubborn

02-10-2011

But then we get champs like Cass who has an awesome AOE stun, but is not very popular at all...

ANyway, I don't think we'll ever get all stun metagame in LOL because then everyone will just take cleanse

All pop-up team on the other hand.. HMMM <_< >_>

DrDragun

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by l Twisted Fate l View Post
DotA pug detected
This is after Shivas and Blink Dagger of course. Whatever I played 3 years ago when that was a good build.