Maokai seems to be another fail champ..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zelink

02-10-2011

So i read a few of his skills and the first 3 seem ok.

q. fires a shock wave similar to ezreals essense flux.

w. Maokai explodes into a multitude of arcane splinters, phasing out of existence for a brief moment in order to reform at the feet of an enemy champon, growing out of the ground underneath them to damage and root them in place for a few seconds.

e. maokai plants acorns which will jump to a target who pass near them as well as the enemy takes some damage.

r. ult, here is the biggest fail ever. defensive version of anivias ult, in that he uses his own mana to drain the mana of other champs giving him and allies bonus magic resist and armour as well as his damage is doubled for his other spells, based on the amount of mana he drains.
The reason i saw its a fail, is because the game has no mana champs such as, vlad, kat, garen, shen, akali, kennen.. How will you drain mana from them, when these champs dont use mana at all???

source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/08/ex...ue-of-legends/

astronomy

02-10-2011

Seems like a great tank/support to me. Don't know what you're smoking.

trollolo1

02-10-2011

even with the mana-dependent champs, in the late game where this would be usefull, i'm rocking like 2k mana, is he gonna be able to drain ALL of that?

Stooz of Town

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-10-2011

Riot can't even tease new champs yet without the complaining starting. This community is lost.

How about you refrain from the blind speculation and just WAIT FOR THE CHAMP TO BE PROPERLY ANNOUNCED.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

02-10-2011

Those abilities weren't even fully confirmed.

Quote:
Keep in mind that this top-secret info was from very early in the champion creation process (most everything was placeholder art–for example, Maokai’s spider mines looked like mini-Sorakas sprinting towards my enemies), so anything here is subject to change. But talking with the developers, they knew what they wanted these champions to do in the big picture, and if these abilities don’t make it to the game, at the very least, they influenced the design direction of these characters.

Unclephillip

02-10-2011

Yeah because as we all know.

Abilities are finalized before the champ is released right?

/sarcasm

Saffire

02-10-2011

It's not a mana drain, that sentence is worded poorly. They mean it costs an increasing amount of mana per second for the MR effect. Riot hates mana drains.

Comparing it to Taric's ult would be more accurate.

Zelink

02-10-2011

But why would i buy maokai when jarvan 4 seems much better??

ZehNetoBR

02-10-2011

Well, same logic applies to a bunch of other skills, like Morg's Black Shield VS physical damage or Rammus VS magic damage, so I don't think it's a fail ult. As long as ONE enemy champ uses mana (which always seems to be the case, since I NEVER fought a team comp without not even a single mana user champion.

vaesolis

02-10-2011

It doesn't even say it will drain enemy champion's mana..... the article is clearly saying it drains YOUR mana every second, just like anivia's ult drains mana every second that it's active... the aoe would be some sort of shielding effect it seems like.