Are we nearing the point of an all-stun, tank-optional metagame?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Kunkka

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyonkichi View Post
It probably also helps that LoL doesn't have 5 second AOE stuns, or better yet a 5 second HUGE AOE bind that's cooldown can be refreshed by an item.
With aoe burst like kat/fiddle who needs 5 seconds of them being stunned? They'll be dead by then :P

Mr Steef

02-10-2011

alistar xin blitz ashe sion i like the idea of 3 knock ups >.>

Rebonack

02-10-2011

Shiva! Ravage! Refresh! Shiva! Ravage!

Rampage!

Yeah, CC is pretty crazy in DotA. Lion has something like a solid 20 seconds of hard disable with the right item build. But they have BKB to simply shrug of spells of pretty much any kind, too.

Cocoabutter

02-10-2011

Lion/Demon Witch was my DotA pro. His disable combo was amazing. Fun too! POOF you're a frog.

scrimbul

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplz View Post
BKB would be op in LoL. Just admit it.
If BKB was in LoL, suppression would counter it, as would Blitz's rocket arm and most knockbacks.

darkcloud30001

02-10-2011

stuns, roots, and taunts are overpowered. sure not by themselves, but during lane phase 2 stuns is typically all it takes to ensure a kill. Notice these are abilities that completely stop movement, and positioning is one of the most important aspects in this game.

Nenesse

02-10-2011

To be fair, Renek Xin Ashe Annie Taric has two melee initiators and a support to help them out, so it's not like Rammus does anything that they can't.

DrDragun

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud30001 View Post
stuns, roots, and taunts are overpowered. sure not by themselves, but during lane phase 2 stuns is typically all it takes to ensure a kill. Notice these are abilities that completely stop movement, and positioning is one of the most important aspects in this game.
That's what I'm sayin and I hope LoL doesn't degenerate into a CC fest more than it's current levels, but I'm happy so far with Riot making MUCH more use of slows, snares, and roots than hard stuns or taunts.