Are we nearing the point of an all-stun, tank-optional metagame?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BabyNinjaJesus

02-10-2011

the "tanks are not required" in dota is because its an entirely different meta game, they actually have items that can CC people / move people AND items that make them completely immune to CC

CAN YOU IMAGINE A TRYNDAMERE WITH A BLACK KING BAR?

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalHeartsNutmeg View Post
For those saying Cleanse will prevent this from happening, you can't cleanse silence, suppressions, knock-ups and chain CC.

I have noticed a trend in my games that has been more CC orientated, though still with a tank. Just yesterday I played a game with 4 hard cc's and me as Shen, with my Taunt on top. There was one cleanse on the enemy team, and several banshees veils, it didn't help.
Actually, Silence doesn't block summoner spells as I recall.

Also, Cleanse DOES beat chain CC. 50% CC duration reduction, combined with 40% from Merc Treads, and you basically walk away no matter how much CC is thrown at you.

KingOfHeartsZ07

02-10-2011

Another Rage lane comp. is Rammus and Pantheon. Stun, Taunt, Stun, Taunt---> Double kill for Pantheon. lol

Illumiele

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyNinjaJesus View Post
the "tanks are not required" in dota is because its an entirely different meta game, they actually have items that can CC people / move people AND items that make them completely immune to CC

CAN YOU IMAGINE A TRYNDAMERE WITH A BLACK KING BAR?

This really needs to stop. LoL noobs will think BKB is overpowered. Actually not even Eul's scepter of divinity makes you completely immune to CC(meat hook works on invulnerable units). Why do you think Shendelzare is so good? She can counter BKB.

DrDragun

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumiele View Post
I don't think Tidebringer was in DotA 3 years ago. Even if it was, it can't be refreshed. Lothar would be better because it adds the stealth damage to Tidebringer.

I know what you meant, and I am just making fun of you.

About tanks in DotA... The tank is usually the carry/farmer Syllabear, Darkbrew, Medusa, Morphling, Mercurial, even Traxex and Nevermore with Satanic and BKB.
Ya it can be refreshed. I mean the Leviathan guy with ultimate that AOE stuns the whole screen for 3 seconds. Best initiator in the game and he does it twice with Refresher.

Hes not named Tidebringer?

Purplz

02-10-2011

Slow/Knockups = lulz

Purplz

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumiele View Post
This really needs to stop. LoL noobs will think BKB is overpowered. Actually not even Eul's scepter of divinity makes you completely immune to CC(meat hook works on invulnerable units). Why do you think Shendelzare is so good? She can counter BKB.
BKB would be op in LoL. Just admit it.

Deaths

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

High elo is basically stacking as much hard CC as possible. Really boring.

If you get caught you're dead because they won't overlap CC.

Dunkelzahn

02-10-2011

meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta

my post is now smart

xOYQyuqpZHcxpDk2

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven of Swords View Post
Thought this was already the metagame.
It is, every game I've played recently seemed to contain teams with no less than 5 stuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
In DotA, CC was ridiculous and tanks were not required.
To be fair there really wasn't a tank role in DotA, only initiationer.