Are we nearing the point of an all-stun, tank-optional metagame?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corocis

02-10-2011

Try stunning when you are silenced

1 Fiddle will silence and have fun with you guys walking in circles draining and fearing your team mates.
Also 1 Galio goes in and have fun auto attacking him and he'll pop up and say "LOL, NO DAMAGE" with rock chunks that deals incredible damage to everyone around him.

Also Olaf will just laugh very very hard.

Kadzin

02-10-2011

Xin can totally stun broski.
The good part about the stun is that they are always limited to 2 seconds (exception being ashe arrow) So even Sion's and Taric's stuns won't stun for longer then 2 seconds, but roots or other CCs like Rammus taunt or Fear go up to 3 seconds.

Perhaps CC deminishing returns would be introduced in the future.

DrDragun

02-10-2011

Ya olaf is 1 very specific counter to this.

I consider Xin popup to be hard CC

SevenAteNine

02-10-2011

stun heavy comps shouldnt ever be a HUGE problem in ranked
if it does becore FOTM cleanse will return

MalHeartsNutmeg

02-10-2011

For those saying Cleanse will prevent this from happening, you can't cleanse silence, suppressions, knock-ups and chain CC.

I have noticed a trend in my games that has been more CC orientated, though still with a tank. Just yesterday I played a game with 4 hard cc's and me as Shen, with my Taunt on top. There was one cleanse on the enemy team, and several banshees veils, it didn't help.

FDru

02-10-2011

There is already enough champs in the roster to create a stun/CC comp four times over. Bans don't even matter. Like adding more is going to make a difference?

I don't see it being that much of an issue currently, or see why it would become an issue (unless they really nerf the current good tanks pretty hard).

Palanawt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
There is already enough champs in the roster to create a stun/CC comp four times over. Bans don't even matter. Like adding more is going to make a difference?

I don't see it being that much of an issue currently, or see why it would become an issue (unless they really nerf the current good tanks pretty hard).
Agreed, they could give a stun to every champion out there and wouldn't make any difference. You can only have 5 on a team. Currently there are more than 5 stuns out there.

Retro42

02-10-2011

I love playing people like you lately.

I just take Cleane/QSS and watch that fiddle RAGE as I eat him while he's expecting me to be feared. There already exists a hard counter to cc stacking but alot of players ignore it.

Illumiele

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
This is after Shivas and Blink Dagger of course. Whatever I played 3 years ago when that was a good build.
I don't think Tidebringer was in DotA 3 years ago. Even if it was, it can't be refreshed. Lothar would be better because it adds the stealth damage to Tidebringer.

I know what you meant, and I am just making fun of you.

About tanks in DotA... The tank is usually the carry/farmer Syllabear, Darkbrew, Medusa, Morphling, Mercurial, even Traxex and Nevermore with Satanic and BKB.

Seven of Swords

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

Thought this was already the metagame.