Master Yi...does he need a buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doc201

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawStarx2 View Post
I would normally say something constructive, but Yi is one of the easiest champions to use with one of the highest DPSs in the game, and he is also one of the fastest champs as well.

so go QQ moar, every champ can be stunned, and it's a real pain to deal with, it doesn't make Yi under powered.
If any other champ is stunned, they are out of the fight for the stun's duration.
If Yi is stunned, he's out of that fight permanently.
He won't be refreshing his cds, and an AD Yi with no ult is a worthless Yi.

I agree with him being easy to play.
He's also hard to master (eg. play well in non-triple digit elo).

Ez to rush Youmuus, press 3 buttons, rightclick a lot and roflstomp a non-stunner; hard to know when to engage (without being stunned / burst down), when to jump into teamfights, who to pick off first, how to jungle and gank with double buffs effectively, keeping track of enemy CCs' cooldowns to know when to pop mediate etc.

edit:
A guy who's been playing DotA for example will be able to pick him up in like 10mins because there's no depth to him at low lvls, but he will get roflstomped vs competent opponents, and his *mash forehead against keyboard - triple kill* will not work anymore.

edit2:
He's ez to play now especially, as his recommended items have been changed recently, so now everyone rushes Youmuus on him, which gives him an insane midgame.
The Yis I've played against always started with Starks. I miss the days when my Youmuu Yi would tear Stark Yis apart.

Askesis

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldfhndfjkndh View Post
Should he recieve a buff? It's a shame to see a champ only viable in low, low level play.

And I don't care what any of you hipsters say, AP Yi sucks. It's a gimmicky build thought up by the same bored kids who made such "effective" builds such as AP Kog Maw and DPS Nunu. So don't even bring that junk into the discussion.
Tell that to Strelo. He's 2100 mains yi. Oh, and he goes that horrible AP build.

Anything else?

Hunter1337

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldfhndfjkndh View Post
Seriously. He has absolutely no CC, and ANY form of CC (other than slow ofc) can shut him down just like that. Even something as simple as a Randuin's active can shut him down, as he needs to do damage to survive, as I will go more into later.

You are supposed to quiver with fear, and soak in your own sweat, when you see the enemy carry storm in with blade up and head high. Whenever I see a Yi come my way, I tell my team to fck off so I can net me a free kill.

He needs to do way more damage than any other carry to even have any sort of presence in a team fight. A typical Yi is squishy, but survives through either lifesteal, or killing all his enemies before they can deplete his meager 2.5k health (assuming you're not an idiot and get health items). He DEPENDS on kills to be able to keep going...let's say he gets ks'd before he even kills the first person, his Highlander runs out, and now he's no more dangerous than a Ryze with Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancers (then again, Ryze actually has a CC). In short, he's probably the WORST carry in the game.

Even our other sub-par carry friend Jax has defense built into his build, for an offensive purpose, and has a stun.

I love Yi, but the problem is, he's utterly worthless against teams with CC, but is ltierally invincible against teams that don't. I feel like he needs a buff, but that would make him completely OP in lower level games, as players have difficulty countering champions indiviually.

Should he recieve a buff? It's a shame to see a champ only viable in low, low level play.

And I don't care what any of you hipsters say, AP Yi sucks. It's a gimmicky build thought up by the same bored kids who made such "effective" builds such as AP Kog Maw and DPS Nunu. So don't even bring that junk into the discussion.

Have you even seen an AP Yi or and AP Kog Maw? Both of them rapes ass. AP Kog'Maw with a bloodrazor can do more then 10% of you maximum health PER HIT.
And AP Yi is good because he has 2 skills that have a 1:1 ratio. Meaning Alpha Strike for easily 600+ and his healing as well, with armor and magic resist bonus.

Yellow Jester

02-12-2011

Yeah he's like Jax. He's got insane damage, but he'll always be outclassed by Xin Zhao who provides everything that he needs to get kills (charge, stun, ridiculous steroids). That's the problem with xin zhao's design is that he's a carry with great innate DPS who is also completely team independent.

myassyourface

02-12-2011

Yi is great for a starter champ. He's great for learning how to play league of legends. He's one of the fastest champs. The list goes on and on about all the great things Yi is.

But the one crucial thing he is not, is an effective melee champion in ranked play. I understand Olaf/Xin/Tryn etc they all have different roles and this and that. But their main rolls are all the same get in the enemies face and hack at em til they run or die. And Yi is by far the worst at it. He's only good for hiding and backdooring. Which for some games will work. But all it takes is one champ to have teleport and you've now become an ineffective dps, which is fine, cause thats all he is.

KyranX

02-12-2011

Yi is one of the best late game characters I've ever seen. I might even say the best but others might differ. He does do THE MOST DAMAGE!(probably not as much as tryn) He might probably be even better than tryndamere. (or not) He just goes *slash,slash,slash,slash* which does an insane amount of damage. Please don't even think other wise because Yi is capable of using critical builds to its fullest potential. The game set of a character being able to use a critical build to its full potential is just staggering. Its not like for funzies when a Annie goes phantom dancer and just go pewpew critical. Yi goes phantom dancer and it will not be fun if you are in the way of his critical.

Lawrry

02-12-2011

if you think needs a buff because youre doing bad, you need to stop playing yi or stop running into battle like a ****** and instantly get focused.