Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blue Runes: Flat CD, CD/lvl, or MP/5/lvl?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kung Fu English

01-22-2010

I usually find myself playing physical DPS or tanks, not casters so much. Like Twitch, Jax, Yi, Trist, Cho, Nunu.

I am trying to develop a rune build.

I decided on crit dmg % for reds and quints, and am now deciding on blues/yellows.

I have read many things that say CD reduction is the way to go, but I have also heard that CD/lvl is better than flat CD. What is the consensus here? It seems the crossover point is level 12 (late) and the total difference is around 2.3%

Also, what would be better, Clarity (mp/5/lvl) or CD reduction in my scenario?

Ephemerality

Recruiter

01-22-2010

Flat CD. You're playing a carry so if you have reduced cooldowns early, then you'll have a better early and pwn face late game.

SharpEyez

01-22-2010

Clarity runes are the best. Why?

As Yi, would you rather be able to spam your Alpha Strike every time its up without wasting a bunch of gold on Chalice?

Of course you would.

Chalice on Yi is such a waste of gold, as mp/5 runes fill that same role, for free.

Kung Fu English

01-22-2010

Quote:
SharpEyez:
Clarity runes are the best. Why?

As Yi, would you rather be able to spam your Alpha Strike every time its up without wasting a bunch of gold on Chalice?

Of course you would.

Chalice on Yi is such a waste of gold, as mp/5 runes fill that same role, for free.

I am considering this more and more as I seem to be running Clarity (summoner spell) just to keep my mana up early game especially and keep me in the lanes longer, and this would let me use a different spell. My concern is that clarity runes wouldn't be significant enough early on? I don't have a real good way to judge.