Suggestion: Load screen chat-box.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spehktre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-09-2011

There is one point during the League of Legends gameplay experience that is boring as hell. The loadscreen after champion select. No one can do anything. You can't get up, cos you might miss the first part of the game. You just stare at the load bars. There is always inevitably one guy in the game with an old 486 CPU PC that takes 10 years to finish.

It would be awesome if the loadscreen had a little chat box where you can talk to your team. I can't imagine it would slow down loading much at all, just something simple. That way instead of falling asleep, we can be talking strategy, or who gets mid, or who will jungle etc prior to the game start. This will also save us having to fight that out in the space of 90 seconds once game starts. This, in turn might even alleviate some of the inter-team rage that occurs and and help improve the LoL community.

I expect something like this would be simple enough to implement. What are the chances?

TwiztedNature

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2011

I have been thinking of the same thing a long time. They give you the ability to still use your mouse for some reason lol, so you should be able to chat

Killaries

02-13-2011

I always say this on my vent server. Everyone agree's with me. Let the smack talking begin BEFORE it even starts !

DystryR

02-14-2011

it would take pleasantries out of the first few seconds of the game. "GL and HF!" and "Oh NICE SKIN!" lol, it could be done while loading.

AND just like in-game chat you could have a "team" and "all" chat

Maximilou

02-15-2011

This is a great idea. I always feel as though there isn't enough time in the pre-game chat to figure out who will go where in solo queue.

Ethri

03-07-2012

Ok, despite this being the largest necro ever.....I love the idea! I have issues with falling asleep during this screen, and it would save the early game arguments about who goes where. Especially when someone takes 5-10 minutes to load.

Trash Talk

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spehktre View Post
There is one point during the League of Legends gameplay experience that is boring as hell. The loadscreen after champion select. No one can do anything. You can't get up, cos you might miss the first part of the game. You just stare at the load bars. There is always inevitably one guy in the game with an old 486 CPU PC that takes 10 years to finish.

It would be awesome if the loadscreen had a little chat box where you can talk to your team. I can't imagine it would slow down loading much at all, just something simple. That way instead of falling asleep, we can be talking strategy, or who gets mid, or who will jungle etc prior to the game start. This will also save us having to fight that out in the space of 90 seconds once game starts. This, in turn might even alleviate some of the inter-team rage that occurs and and help improve the LoL community.

I expect something like this would be simple enough to implement. What are the chances?
I agree. Maybe not so much the early game trash talk [ :3 ] but more for the pre-game strat talks.

Salyu

08-18-2012

I've wanted this feature for so long. Can talk strategy, look at the enemy team's comp, and prevent people from getting bored, then distracted, then missing the very beginning of the game. They do it all the time and I'm guilty of doing it once or twice myself.

Plaguelord Neko

08-19-2012

i'm agree with this.. good idea bro.

Vrin

08-20-2012

i think everybody has thought this at one point while sitting and staring at the screen while youre all loaded and that fiddlesticks is at 2% -.-
I'd love to be able to just have a simple chat for team talk or whatever.