ability power zilean build help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyousuke LB

01-22-2010

ive been wanting to try an AP build on zilean for a while and have been useing these items:

mana manipulator or chalice of harmony
sorc boots
fiendish codex
rod of ages
archangels staff

dont really know for this one? ive gotten glacial shard in the past..but zhonyas ring looks nice to.how does this build look? and do you have any suggestions?

Darkening

01-22-2010

My full guide is here

Here is the exported version:

You wanna go for CD reduction on Zilean. At level 18, your rewind should be ~3.5 seconds. That is a time bomb/slow every three seconds. If you didnt have that CD reduction, you would have one every 6-7 seconds. In the long run, you are FAR more useful and powerful w/ CD reduction.

Original build by Darkening
Titled Zilean, Never let a kill get away! (Darkening).

Champion: Zilean

Summoner Spells: Teleport, Ignite

Mastery Build: 10/0/20

Rune Build

9x Greater Mark of Insight (8.55 Magic Penetration)
9x Greater Seal of Potency (4.86 Ability Power)
9x Greater Glyph of Celerity (0.45 Cooldown Reduction per level, 8.1 at 18)
3x Greater Quintessence of Celerity (0.39 Cooldown Reduction per level, 7.02 at 18)

Item Build Order

Tear of the Goddess - 350 Mana, 5 Mana Regen. UNIQUE Passive: Each time your Champion uses an Ability their Maximum Mana will increase by 4 Mana, up to a maximum of twice in a six second period; bonuses cap at +600 Mana.
Boots of Swiftness - UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 3
Glacial Shroud - 36 Armor, 500 Mana. UNIQUE Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 20%.
Archangel's Staff - 45 Ability Power, 400 Mana, 25 Mana Regen. Passive: 2% of your Max Mana is converted to Ability Power. UNIQUE Passive: Each time your Champion uses an Ability their Maximum Mana will increase by 4 Mana. This effect has a 3 second cooldown.

Ability Rank Order

Q (Time Bomb)
W (Rewind)
Q
E (Time Warp)
Q
R (Chrono Shift)
Q
Q
W
W
R
W
W
E
E
R
E
E

Combined Stats At 18

Calculated as base stats at 18 + rune bonuses + item bonuses.

Health: 1658
Health Per 5 Sec: 13.6
Mana: 2590
Mana Per 5 Sec: 42.55
Armor: 111.15 (52% physical damage reduction)
Magic Resist: 35 (25% magic damage reduction)
Attack Damage: 101
Critical Strike Chance: 7.4%
Attack Range: 600
Movement Speed: 400.00 (after diminishing returns)
Ability Power: 49.86
Attack Speed: 0%
Life Steal: 0%
Armor Penetration: 0
Magic Penetration: 8.55
Cooldown Reduction: 35.12%
Dodge: 0% (after diminishing returns)
Bonus Gold Per 10 Sec: 0
Bonus Experience: 0%
Death Time Reduction: 0%

Passive Bonuses

When fully equipped, the following passive bonuses will be in effect.

UNIQUE Passive: Each time your Champion uses an Ability their Maximum Mana will increase by 4 Mana, up to a maximum of twice in a six second period; bonuses cap at +600 Mana.
UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 3
UNIQUE Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 20%.
Passive: 2% of your Max Mana is converted to Ability Power.
UNIQUE Passive: Each time your Champion uses an Ability their Maximum Mana will increase by 4 Mana. This effect has a 3 second cooldown.

Explanation

Full playstyle will be entered later

Links

Discuss this build
Vote this build up
Vote this build down
View the original build
Copy this build (the original author will be given attribution)
Other builds by Darkening
More Zilean builds
Team builds using Zilean

This build was created with and exported from www.MOBAFire.com.

HeLawlsAtYouSon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2010

I just started playing zilean and he's my new favorite character. The guide above is what I followed and it works well, but sometimes if your really dominating or your confident you won't die, I'd get mejajis before shroud. Just a little flexibility to the build. Damage output increases alot.

SomeoneRandom

01-22-2010

Your doing it wrong

Kyousuke LB

01-23-2010

thanks a lot i will definitly try your cooldown reduction build, but what do you get after those 4 items?

Judah the Lion

01-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneRandom View Post
Your doing it wrong
No, "You're" doing it wrong.

Darkening

01-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpally5 View Post
thanks a lot i will definitly try your cooldown reduction build, but what do you get after those 4 items?
After that, it really depends on what you want. If you are kicking ass and taking names, get Zonyas. If they have lots of stuns, Banshee's Veil. If they have lots of Physical Damage, Thornmail. Just keep in mind that survivability is more important on Zilean than damage.

Kyousuke LB

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkening View Post
After that, it really depends on what you want. If you are kicking ass and taking names, get Zonyas. If they have lots of stuns, Banshee's Veil. If they have lots of Physical Damage, Thornmail. Just keep in mind that survivability is more important on Zilean than damage.
ok thanks a lot ive been doing quiet well..one item ive found that i like is the rod of ages...gives both damage and a bit of health

Xano74

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2010

Here is my build list:

Dorin's Ring
Nashors Tooth
Either Void Staff or Gushingors Blade
Anything else is up to you. Archmages staff works well as does Z-Ring.

My build for Zilean acts as burst damage and carry. With nashors tooth and Gushingors blade I can do a ton of damage and each attack boosts my ability power which makes my bombs stronger.

Kaniol

02-15-2010

Stop doing AP Zileans, you can as well go ranged DPS Zilean or AP Ashe :|

If you succeeded as AP Zilean then this means that you just are playing on lower ELO bracket than you should be if you used a nuker.

Zilean = early/mid harass + support

I remember last game i had when i played support Zil some guy told me "wow you play nice but too bad this isn't AP Zilean" i asked him why should i be if support is superior, then he replied "you can get like 600 dmg each 3 seconds in late game".
Srsly 200 dps?! Wow it's outDPSing every decent char doing like 400-500 dmg per crit with 50-80% crit rate and 1,5-2 attacks per second.
NOT