My obnoxious, aggresive heimer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awe5omeMan

01-22-2010

I would like to share my obnoxious play style with all of you here on the forums. I always go mid wiith HEIMER

Recommend rally and clarity for summoner spells
Recommend 9 offense for spell penn 21 utility for summoner spell cool downs, exp buff, and the other nifty little perks spec clarity to help your team (you are a support hero)

First off grab an elixir of brilliance one health pot and a bunch of mana pots for starting items. Initial spell should be turrets and placement is dictated by your enemy. Usually I place my first tower just a smidgen behind the direct center of the map so it can hit every creep in the first wave. You should place your first turret a short time after the 30 secs till minions spawn alert. Your goal with the timing if to use brill elixir as late as possible, but be able to have two turrets up by the time the creeps reach them.

Now for a few explanations. Most people don't buy elixirs right out of the gate but it can work GREAT on heimer. Using this gives your initial two turrrets a buff from 20-plain to 27 with elixir. Basically a 50% damage boost. This is nice. With your turrets set up in the middle of the map grab rockets at level two and start spammage. When you run out of mana from spamming rockets pop your clarity. Keep spamming rockets and pop mana pots constantly. At this phase of the game you should be very aggresive in your lane. If you ever notice you clarity is almost off CD, just spam away your remaining mana! Be sure to alert any nearby allies that might benefit before you cast clarity, or tell em to burn their mana to get creep kills / additional damage out.

Protect your turrets, last hit creeps and CONSTANTLY harass enemy heros with wrenches and rockets. You should make sure if any enemy ranged hero attacks your turret you at least pop him with one wrench every time. If you get nuked or mess up stay a little bit behind your turrets and harass with rockets. Keeping your turrets up and farming is essential. Rally is great on heimer because it heals and buffs damage on your towers also, so it can really turn things around quickly if you kite enemies take one level in nade early for blind/ stun/ extra damage, and pop missles.

If you have a successful early game which is easy against most heros, you should have a ton of gold and creep kills, and your rival shoud have basically none and be pretty much tower hugging. It is very easy to get an early kill especially if you get good at placing stun nade. If your opponent goes to heal, you get an even bigger advantage as you can free farm and peg his tower. If you have a rough early game consider towering your base tower, swapping lanes or calling allies for a gank.

After the early phase of the game you should be sitting on a fair bit of gold grab either mejais, deathfires (my usual preference) or sorc shoes. Dont be afraid to blow gold on mana pots another brill elixir or a couple health pots if they are harassing you successfully.

For a skill build you mostly want to focus rockets turrets early game with UPGRADE being an obvious priority pick every time. Mid game is where you need to place you spells more carefully, and coodinate with allies to gank. Many times an enemy hero will be tower hugging at top or bot and all you have to do is waltz in and pop rockets to get as kill ( and possibly two stacks). You should have a nest of towers farming middle either at the center of the map, or between the two torches, and you should definitely have killed at least their first tower.

When you have sorc shoes, mejais, and deathfires you will be a huge pain in the ass even without many stacks. With a bril elixir on and just one level in your ulty you will have a trret nest building quickly, farming effectively and you can throw rockets and nades out constantly. Rally and clarity help to ensure you can stay on the lane and can heal/ shop at your luxury, preferably just after you kill your rival or they are low health and out of mana so they pose no threat to your towers.

Mid game items choose between Archangels ( do not pick if they have a half decent veigar), rylais scepter ( great if your team lacks slow/stun/cc), and voidstaff if they try to build up mag resists. Mid game you should be a constan nuke powerhouse, play aggressively but not stupidly. Be on the front lines, but not too far ahead. A few skills and a half assed opportunity will often get you killled if your allies drop the ball. Especially if you got archangels spam everything now (unless you want to maintain a turret nest) If you played this much of the game right your team should rally to you as you heal their mana and health and provide great opportunities for kills, and are a powerhouse lane pusher.

Late game pickup zhonyas ring, lichbane, a second archangels if you wish, or an item to adapt to your situation. You could grab a guardian angel if you are being heavily focused, when you get revived everything will be off of cooldown so even if you die after the revive triggers you will put the hurt out.

You should have quite a bit of ap and be able to spam **** all game. Mid and late game throw your nades to the tower to whittle them down, and place a turret and up it to red if one lane is being pushed this helps A LOT. Also, if you find yourself struggling placing a tower on each lane then doing whatever you want can be effective for farming gold/exp. A good tactic especially if you dominate mid ealr and mid game and avoid being ganked much is to leave 5 red turrets stacked right at ur mid tower, then free gank roam/ jungle to really help your team. If you are near an enemy tower with a creep wave ( and no effective enemy hero) chuck nades at it and drop a turret so it can put the hurt out, up it if able this is a great way to puch towers down.

Late game is fairly simple game play and when heimer really plays the support role. Stay behind your team unless you have owned to the point their whole team runs from you, in that case push. But generally stay a little ways back chucking nades and popping your rockets, hitting anybody foolish enough to come close witha combo of deathfires, drop a turret, upgrade it, nade them, rocket them. Or if things are on cool down just throw what you have at them. A stacked AP heimer with deathfires does scary and unpredictable damage, Most enemies will be quite wary of you unless they can all jump on you at once in which case you deserve to die.

In closing I would like to discuss some strengths and weaknesses of this build/playstyle. Early game 90% of hero you will dominate. However a skilled ashe, corki, fiddle, or karthus that isnt afraid to take a couple hits can be a big pain. watch out for enemies with flash, ignite, exaust, and silence skills. played properly teemo and twitch (both commonly take mid solo) will not stand a chance. This is my first time ever writing a guide of any sort so if i left anything out or wasnt very organisied, I apologize. Feel free to message for any clarification or recommendations. I am currently starting to build my rune page for heimer and plan to get Ap quints, spell penn marks, and glyph/seals of mixed AP or something else havent decided yet.

Crazed

01-23-2010

So your "guide" is buy a potion for a 35% increase in tower dmg to kill creeps better... even though heimer has no problem with killing creeps

Also take clarity to spam rockets... even though heimer has no problem spamming rockets.

Great guide.

Awe5omeMan

01-23-2010

yes, that is exactly my guide, but for some reason your post is much shorter then mine! Maybe it's because you are a troll with no usefull input. Get a life. I described my priorities and build for heimer which is the point of this forum section.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed View Post
So your "guide" is buy a potion for a 35% increase in tower dmg to kill creeps better... even though heimer has no problem with killing creeps

Also take clarity to spam rockets... even though heimer has no problem spamming rockets.

Great guide.
He's doing this to exploit his strengths early game, keeping harassing up most of the time and pretty much denying/delaying/pushing the whole lane up to the enemy tower for an early hero/tower kill.

An elixir would give him additional spell damage, and his clarity would be used to give him even more rockets to spam after his mana pool has drained out.

The thing about this, though, is that I see it as a high-risk, high-reward strategy. You will probably push the lane, but if you do not get kills or push the tower, u can easily lose all you've gained by getting ganked by 2/3 enemies (after all, you'd be pretty much away from YOUR tower). Dieing would give gold and xp to the enemy, and since you spent 300g on an elixir, no item could really provide you protection unless you have flash.

Awe5omeMan

01-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
He's doing this to exploit his strengths early game, keeping harassing up most of the time and pretty much denying/delaying/pushing the whole lane up to the enemy tower for an early hero/tower kill.

An elixir would give him additional spell damage, and his clarity would be used to give him even more rockets to spam after his mana pool has drained out.

The thing about this, though, is that I see it as a high-risk, high-reward strategy. You will probably push the lane, but if you do not get kills or push the tower, u can easily lose all you've gained by getting ganked by 2/3 enemies (after all, you'd be pretty much away from YOUR tower). Dieing would give gold and xp to the enemy, and since you spent 300g on an elixir, no item could really provide you protection unless you have flash.
It certainly is high risk high reward, and I have been shut down several games by skilled rivals, But the majority of games you can dominate mid the most important lane, shut down their carry ranged dps, and farm a **** ton. Also heimer is a good hero to have in a high risk situation as you can still be quite usefell even if underleveled. Death fires scales all game, rockets are still god for hitting escaping heros, nades are still aoe blind possibly a stun, and turrets can protect an inhib without a tower. You can also heal your base structures albeit very slowly.

I tend to only advance my turret base to imbetween the enemies two torches. , even after I have pushed the first tower down I rarely go for the second unless all 4 enemies are visible on my mini map. Mini map awareness is key and having allies that call missing helps even more then usual. Then only protection I get is my high AP and devastating nukes which tend to make enemies stay a bit away. This play style capitalizes on the time just before a team fight where both sides are at a semi standstill, as obviously if one player charges the enemy group he will be focused and wtfpwned. You can harass them brutally at that phase and make them start to fall back, allowing good pushes.

Actually clarity is not just for spamming rockets, It is for team fights, spamming everything, and baiting enemies. A 2/3 health heimer is very good bait, but if your clarity and rally are up, you can pop rally clarity drop a turret, up it, deathfirtes nade then rocket them. Very fast turnaround. Also like to point out that even if they send heros to gank you with a strong turret base and this playstyle, you can kill three enemy heros if they arent coodinated as they will all be lower level and your early farming is insane. Plus if enemy heros do some to gank your allies in those lanes can com to gank the gankers, farmjungle, kill their lane rivals 2v1, or push top/bot tower.